Ollie Officially Fired | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ollie Officially Fired

Reaction Score
I have to agree with Mau here. Begin the process of firing with just cause is not a good look.

KO not going to just take this laying down. And is the AD admitting infractions occurred at the school. How will they fight any allegations later if they already fired their coach with just cause.

AD Dave was personally responsible for extending that contract. The proper thing to do would be to negotiate a buyout and agree to go your separate ways. This could get ugly. And you need to control the message.

Agree quick keep the media at bay, tell him thanks for being a great Husky, talk more about the hiring and the positive moving forward.

Reaction Score
I heard from a reporter this morning which was hinting that this was happening and I didn't get it...the AD and prez wants a big name and looking to go go after a couple with $... few can confirm this because I pm this today
Any names thrown around?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Wow if I'm another coach how happy would I be if they are trying to find a way for "just cause" on a guy who player here and won a national championship? Red flag

Or....on the flip side....how bad could the incoming sanctions be?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somebody mentioned this in a thread Thursday about suspensions being lifted just before the game, Sonova I believe. I remember one of the horde tweeting that both guys came out late for warm ups and only had time to shoot a little.

Reaction Score
I guess it had to happen. KO is a great Husky and it is sad.. It is always horrible to see one of your own who seemed to have such a bright future fall. He was our guy. One of us.. Godspeed KO may you land on your feet and build your self back up.

NOW....

LETS GET OURSELVES A HEAVY HITTER!!

Reaction Score
If they had a winning record tnis would have been ignored. Just looking for a way to save 10 million

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yes but, to announce it publicly implies that the threat didn't result in Ollie negotiating. It implies he is playing hard ball. If true, he is no longer family in my eyes.
Screw family, business is business. UConn will leverage the cause argument for the lowest possible payout, and KO, unless he was smoking crack in the office, should fight for every dollar he is owed.

Reaction Score
Settle down there. This isn’t Moonlight meets Boyz in the Hood. Kevin will be just fine. He’s a successful wealthy man who failed successfully. It happens. And he created a massive safety net of wealth over the years.
I didn’t say he wouldn’t be fine. I wish my net worth was $12 mil. Just said because he bled blue

Reaction Score
Players were cleared to play. Nothing from NCAA yet could be shaky ground.

Reaction Score
Wow -- before the AAC tournament has even reached the finals.

All best to KO -- hope he lands an assistant gig in the NBA next season.

I think he ultimately was headed for the NBA someday anyway. Looks like the timeline has just been accelerated. I wish him well.

Reaction Score
Somebody mentioned this in a thread Thursday about suspensions being lifted just before the game, Sonova I believe. I remember one of the horde tweeting that both guys came out late for warm ups and only had time to shoot a little.
Yup. It’s my understanding that the NCAA stuff is minor at most. Whether that is enough for cause is not my area of expertise though it’s been suggested that the cause in question (from Mau I believe) may be separate from any secondary violations. Either way, it’s UConn’s negotiation tactic to reduce the buyout. My belief is that if they had $10m they would have just paid him. It’s unfortunate that this will become public but there’s no other way to negotiate a firing like this (at a state university). And if you know Ollie, he’s not the type to settle or be selfless. Benedict just launched the offensive - which, if he wasn’t willing to live with KO coaching, he had to do.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Wow if I'm another coach how happy would I be if they are trying to find a way for "just cause" on a guy who player here and won a national championship? Red flag

I have two reactions. If there was actual just cause, other coaches shouldn’t be quite as concerned. On the other hand, if we just finished an NC year, would the university fire him for cause? Presumably bad is bad regardless of the team’s record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom