Ollie interviewed on ESPNU podcast | The Boneyard

Ollie interviewed on ESPNU podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can jump a little further to hear Seth take Syracuse

It's hard to understand why the format is basically Katz interviewing Greenberg. I'd rather just listen to Katz think about college basketball out loud.

Reaction Score
You wonder how much of the UNH game Seth watched, and how well we played against zone with his Syracuse prediction. Of course there's some big differences between UNH and Syracuse, but I think we have so many elite shooters and overall depth and defense we win that game pretty convincingly. Of course, rivalry match ups can be unpredictable. All I know is I'm excited to park my as$ in front of the TV for the next few days off from work, and enjoy all the games.

Reaction Score
KO is always aware of the team numbers. Every interview he has some stat in the back of his head that comes up. His comment about losing 15 games while keeping the other team under 60 pts it what I heard this time. I assume the 60 pt number is the season average.

Reaction Score
You wonder how much of the UNH game Seth watched, and how well we played against zone with his Syracuse prediction. Of course there's some big differences between UNH and Syracuse, but I think we have so many elite shooters and overall depth and defense we win that game pretty convincingly. Of course, rivalry match ups can be unpredictable. All I know is I'm excited to park my as$ in front of the TV for the next few days off from work, and enjoy all the games.

I didn't agree with the sentiment that the zone would neutralize Purv and Gibbs. Predicting a Syracuse win is fine, but the rationale wasn't.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I didn't agree with the sentiment that the zone would neutralize Purv and Gibbs. Predicting a Syracuse win is fine, but the rationale wasn't.

If there's one program that doesn't have a problem with the Syracuse zone year in year out, it's UCONN.

Reaction Score
If there's one program that doesn't have a problem with the Syracuse zone year in year out, it's UCONN.

That's what makes Miller so valuable to this team -- when we've got a good, solid passer in the high post, historically, we absolutely destroy that zone.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's what makes Miller so valuable to this team -- when we've got a good, solid passer in the high post, historically, we absolutely destroy that zone.

Honestly, I'd like to see Hamilton there. Doesn't have to be a post, and he's got the height, passing, vision, and ability to knock down the jumper if given the opportunity. Either way, they'll be fine.

Reaction Score
It's hard to understand why the format is basically Katz interviewing Greenberg. I'd rather just listen to Katz think about college basketball out loud.

I listen to this podcast regularly. It seems Seth and Andy have gotten progressively more annoyed with each other over time. I'm waiting for things to erupt into a verbal brawl.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
ESPN analyst pumps SEC, ACC love?

In other news, the sun rose this morning.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'd like to see Hamilton there. Doesn't have to be a post, and he's got the height, passing, vision, and ability to knock down the jumper if given the opportunity. Either way, they'll be fine.

Definitely want Hamilton flashing to the middle of that zone.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Definitely want Hamilton flashing to the middle of that zone.

Yup with Miller playing the 5. Syracuse has NO and I mean NO inside presence this year. They are challenged to rebound, and they are chucking 3's on the offensive end. They are going to live and die by that this year. I dont think you will see many plays run for the interior right now from them. I really want to see the Adams,Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller lineup a lot if we get cuse. We could decimate that zone.

Reaction Score
Yup with Miller playing the 5. Syracuse has NO and I mean NO inside presence this year. They are challenged to rebound, and they are chucking 3's on the offensive end. They are going to live and die by that this year. I dont think you will see many plays run for the interior right now from them. I really want to see the Adams,Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller lineup a lot if we get cuse. We could decimate that zone.
That's the lineup most of us are calling for more of. It would be well worth the wait if a solid dose of it is used on Cuse.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The UNH game illustrated that the offense will run through Hamilton at the FT line.

Reaction Score
The UNH game illustrated that the offense will run through Hamilton at the FT line.
It will, but when we have more than one solid passer there, it gives the team insurance. They've gotten practice in the zone, they can shoot over the zone, they have guys can can make the foul-line jumper, and they have guys with height that can pass from there. If they lose, I don't think the zone will be why.

But...they have to beat a good Michigan team first, and this feels deadly to the mojo. Reminds me of in 2000 when we were expecting to get Duke in the second round of the Coaches vs. Cancer tournament...we did, but in the loser's bracket.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But...they have to beat a good Michigan team first, and this feels deadly to the mojo. Reminds me of in 2000 when we were expecting to get Duke in the second round of the Coaches vs. Cancer tournament...we did, but in the loser's bracket.

While anything can and does happen, if UCONN doesn't beat this Michigan team, based on watching the Xavier game the other night, I'll be shocked. We are simply better at almost every position, and play better team ball on top.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That's the lineup most of us are calling for more of. It would be well worth the wait if a solid dose of it is used on Cuse.
That was the lineup that got out-rebounded by and gave up a ton of lay-ups to Furman.

I think the smallball lineup makes much more sense with a true, paint-protecting center in there, DHam at the 4 and then the 3 guards to space things out.

Reaction Score
That was the lineup that got out-rebounded by and gave up a ton of lay-ups to Furman.

I think the smallball lineup makes much more sense with a true, paint-protecting center in there, DHam at the 4 and then the 3 guards to space things out.
Furman had decent bigs. If Cuse is as poor down low as some suggest it could work very well. Anyways, the important part to me is getting Gibbs, Purvis, Dham and Adams on the floor at the same time. I'm less interested in the 5th guy. I want to see those 4 play together.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Probably has a Syracuse intern doing his power rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom