OT: - Olde Coach's protege continues to shine! | The Boneyard

OT: Olde Coach's protege continues to shine!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Warren Witherell...aka Olde Coach...was visiting Burke Mt. Ski Academy at one point.
He was the founder of the school some 50 years ago and retained very close ties till his passing.
An instructor asked him to watch a video of a young student on the slopes...I believe she was about 13.
Warren watched and he said by the end of the tape he was in tears..completely taken by her efficiency and downright beauty on her run. Of course it was Mikaela Shiffrin. A decade later she is well on her way to becoming the GOAT of world-wide women skiing. He got to see her ski up there in Vermont and also watched her interaction with younger kids and was as proud of Mikaela as a person as he was about her endless collection of medals. The 2022 winter Olympics are soon coming up..Mikaela perhaps just entering her prime. Word.

I miss Olde Coach's presence on the board and on the phone and in person. He was a wise contributor to the board and his enthusiasm for our Huskies was evident. [As a bonus...he greatly annoyed LadyVol fans...always a plus!]
I trust he is keeping an eye on Mikaela and our team as I type.

If you are curious about one of our past devotees, google his name...he is in several Halls of Fame.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom