Oklahoma at Baylor 9PM FS1 | The Boneyard

Oklahoma at Baylor 9PM FS1

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2nd game of a B12 double header. TX beat WV handily 73-55 at WV.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Brown in early foul trouble but Fox playing very well. VPL for OK also playing pretty well but not enough help. Baylor up at half time 38-30

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This game is close! Baylor leading by 2 w/ 5:42 left.

Reaction Score
awesomely important game. A Baylor loss without corresponding losses from the current top 4 seeds (except the loser of the Louisville-UConn game which is unlikely to result in a significant shift unless a blow-out) will essentially end all chances of Baylor getting a first seed, meaning that the 3rd or 4th #1 seed is not going to have a fun time in the elite 8.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
72-65 Baylor w/ 4 seconds left.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I tell ya what, if I was a Baylor fan I'd be a lot more concerned about their regression to mediocrity in the past 3 games than about any seeding controversies.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cox had 24. Brown I think was saddled w/ foul trouble, she only scored 10. VPL from Oklahoma had 19. Wallace had a poor shooting night but dished out 12 assists.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Pretty lackluster performance from Baylor tonight. Expected them to mop the floor with OKL

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A win in this game would have been huge for Oklahoma, probably their ticket into the NCAA tournament.

Despite coming oh so close to the massive upset in Waco, the Sooners are back to .500, needing to claw their way to a postseason berth.

Reaction Score
A win is a win for Baylor. Great ball distribution though- 26 assists on 30 baskets

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Pretty lackluster performance from Baylor tonight. Expected them to mop the floor with OKL
Actually, Oklahoma has/had been playing much better last 6 games and I thought played very well defensively. While Baylor was a tad off, I wouldn’t call it lackluster. Richards played wee, Cox played very well. Chou is still out with injuries. Brown also continues to get plagued by foul trouble. As some of our colleagues noted in the MSU/SC thread, these conference games with defensive minded/offensively challenged teams will bog a team down like what UCF will try with us.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not Baylor’s best game but you have to give OU some credit. Pellington from OU is a super player for OU and reminds me a lot of DRob.

Cox was just super tonight. She hit a lot of long range shots and I’m not sure what Baylor would have done without her.

Cohen also excellent coming in with 15 points.

Baylor sure could have used Chou’s three-point range and passing tonight.

Richards had 9 points but only played the second half and she makes things happen.

Brown, quite frankly, was not very good. She finished with 10 and 7 because she couldn’t stop fouling. She needs to get her focus back. I’m starting to wonder if she I listening to her own press.

Now, after 4 games in 9 days, I need a mental break.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
A good team can neutralize Cox, Chou, and Wallace, imo. Let Brown get her points and stop the other players.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
A good team can neutralize Cox, Chou, and Wallace, imo. Let Brown get her points and stop the other players.

Quite frankly, Chou is easy to neutralize. Not sure if you meant Cohen because she is a big, strong body that can get to the rim and hit the boards.

Reaction Score
Brown leads the nation in field goal percentage. Good luck with the "let her gets her points" strategy. Unless you have an elite post defender, you must give her special attention or you risk her dropping 40 on you. The other option is to try and get her in foul trouble, which OU seems to have mastered but eludes other teams.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Chou is easy to neutralize. Not sure if you meant Cohen because she is a big, strong body that can get to the rim and hit the boards.
No, I meant Chou. I'm not aware of what Cohen can do.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No, I meant Chou. I'm not aware of what Cohen can do.

She can do a lot more than Chou. To mention Chou as a player you would need to stop shows how little you know about Baylor. Chou is not much of a threat.

Reaction Score
nice to see Morris and Richards getting some good minutes as freshmen.................sigh................

Reaction Score
I feel like the offense is off because Chou isn't in there. But that's just my opinion.
Kalani is going to have games where foul trouble happens and she is typically the main object of the defensive focus. The issue with Baylor kind of like UConn and MissState is any player can put up 20 points in a night. Usually everyone that plays scores. Chou does a lot more for BU than just score and I think we were missing that not to mention she usucally causes a mismatch guarding the off ball guard.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
She can do a lot more than Chou. To mention Chou as a player you would need to stop shows how little you know about Baylor. Chou is not much of a threat.
Based on DallasBUFan's comments I know more than you think I know about Baylor. Chou has been shooting pretty accurately lately and played well in her last game that I saw. I stand by my comments. Don't let Chou or Wallace hurt you.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Brown leads the nation in field goal percentage. Good luck with the "let her gets her points" strategy. Unless you have an elite post defender, you must give her special attention or you risk her dropping 40 on you. The other option is to try and get her in foul trouble, which OU seems to have mastered but eludes other teams.
One player should not beat a good team. If she is shooting enough to score 40 points then her teammates are not getting many opportunities to score. When I say let her get her points I don't mean don't guard her.

Reaction Score
One player should not beat a good team. If she is shooting enough to score 40 points then her teammates are not getting many opportunities to score. When I say let her get her points I don't mean don't guard her.
Last year against Texas she scored 35 points on 12 FGA. In the Mississippi State loss she scored 27 on 13 FGA. That is serious efficiency. She is not stealing opportunities if she makes the shots. Now if she took 25 shots to score 30 points, that would be a different story. The key is if a team decides to pack the paint to lock her down, she has to find the open man. Iowa State tried that strategy, but didn't have the athletes to gt back out on the perimeter. At one point we led that game 43-6.

Reaction Score
I do think easttexastrash does under value Chou. I see more value in here based on what has been said. I'm telling you once she can get rolling again they will be hard to beat.

However, I respect ett for their opinion because Natalie had been going through a slump and it happens. She is only a Sophomore and I think the best is yet to come.

Reaction Score
I do think easttexastrash does under value Chou. I see more value in here based on what has been said. I'm telling you once she can get rolling again they will be hard to beat.

However, I respect ett for their opinion because Natalie had been going through a slump and it happens. She is only a Sophomore and I think the best is yet to come.
I agree that the game last night shows that Chou's value extends beyond her box score numbers. She rarely makes bad decisions on the court, and often seems to know where the play is going on defense before it happens. Having her outside threat would've been a big help, especially when playing without Brown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom