Okay, I'll say it. Samson > Clingan? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Okay, I'll say it. Samson > Clingan?

Reaction Score
I doubt anyone told him to. He probably didn’t realize he should change his eating habits while not being able to practice and burn calories. I’d imagine everyone is aware of the problem now, and he’ll work the extra weight off by conference play.
He’s certainly become “the elephant in the room.” Enormous fail for the strength and conditioning staff

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Guys. The offense has to find a way to get Clingan shots. But his presence is absolutely crucial.

Samsons dunks are great, and he was great on Monday, but his effect on the game is nowhere near what Clingan does.

Clingan’s size is game altering.
Johnson plays better than Clingan for one game and we have a thread as dumb as this. College basketball fans have the shortest memories of any sport.

It would be dope if we could celebrate our guys’ accomplishments without putting another kid down.

Reaction Score
Clingan is amazing. This team will be really good this year , and by January Clingan will clearly be the S on our chest. But we now have 2 centers who block ,rebound and score. Can’t wait till next year this time when we argue if Singare should start over Slamson lol

Reaction Score
He’s certainly become “the elephant in the room.” Enormous fail for the strength and conditioning staff
IMG_7991.jpeg

Reaction Score
That’s going to be interesting because Dickenson can shoot from outside. He’d be very tough for Donovan outside. Inside it’s the opposite and DC will give him problems and he might bully Johnson.

Dixkenson is better than either of them, but both of our guys are better than Parker Braun. Get fouls on Hunter and KU has problems.
I'm more concerned about McCullar. Who guards him?
Dickinson didn't abuse Ighodaro, so why assume he'll be a problem for SJ and, maybe, DC?

Reaction Score
Dickinson didn't abuse Ighodaro, so why assume he'll be a problem for SJ and, maybe, DC?
castle if he's back. if he's not that's a matchup problem. mccular has been much better offensively than i thought he'd be this year, but KU still only has 2 guys that can score.

Reaction Score
DC really changes the game defensively. He’s a huge weapon. My biggest concern with him as he gets back into shape and gets acclimated again is his free throw shooting. He was at about 50% last season. He’s at 44% so far this season. He has got to shoot it better from the line or all of his offensive presence is wasted on empty possessions. That’s just got to improve.
He needs to watch game tapes of Edey shooting free throws. Nice arc and fairly soft touch for such a large human. DC's shot has too little arc right now and he's too strong off the back iron on most of his misses.
He'll cost us at this point in a close game if the opponents go "hack a shaq".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s where we could really use Castle. Newton or Ball would need to take him if Castle is out.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what is it about a foot injury recovery on a 7-2 guy, that’s so hard to understand? We need to be patient and understanding. Add the temporary illness he recently had and you get the Donovan we had.
The good news is Donovan and his teammates figured out a way to beat Indiana and Texas while all this was going on.

Reaction Score
Love seeing Donny destroying subpar competition. He also must have made an adjustment to his FT stroke because that’s also gotten much better as of late.

My intent in starting the thread was not to unseat Donny permanently. It was more a statement of who contributed more at the time with conditioning and effort at that point. Clingan is one of my favorite players ever already.

Reaction Score
Samson was great tonight too. Clingan was our best and I thought Samson was 2nd. Especially defensively, specifically on the perimeter. Moves his feet well and uses his length. He may actually be a better pure shot blocker than Clingan.

Reaction Score
Samson was great tonight too. Clingan was our best and I thought Samson was 2nd. Especially defensively, specifically on the perimeter. Moves his feet well and uses his length. He may actually be a better pure shot blocker than Clingan.
Might a better rebounder too… he grabbed one tonight he had no business getting.

Reaction Score
Might a better rebounder too… he grabbed one tonight he had no business getting.
They’re both great but different rebounders. Clingan has a giant rebound radius and establishes position well, specifically for offensive rebounds. Samson has extendo limbs and has pogo stick first/second jumps.

I have a feeling I overshot Clingan’s rebound average preseason. I think Hurley stresses Newton/Karaban grabbing the defensive boards and starting the break. I’m pretty sure Clingan has more Orebs than Drebs thus far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom