OkaForPrez’s top 10 unsolicited advisements for a good boneyard season. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OkaForPrez’s top 10 unsolicited advisements for a good boneyard season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For the record I had the SCJ hot take. That spin move in traffic against the little sisters of the sick poor was incredible.
Sounds like my certainty that Cup Cormier was going to beat out Ollie as our starting point guard and lead us to the promised land.

Oh well, at least I was right about Khalid in that regard when I saw him for the first time a few years later.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
1. Never underestimate the power of saying nothing. Nobody likes a holier than thou blowhard, try not to gatekeep peoples behavior and certainly don’t create an entire thread on it. That’s in really poor taste.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
4. Add value! A fact, a stat, link content, make a podcast with your kid, review a fast food roast beef sandwich. What are you bringing?
I can get behind the OP, especially this one. Don't just say something sucks, tell us why you think it sucks. If all you have for a reply is something like "isn't it obvious" or "do I have to spell it out"; you have nothing.

Reaction Score
Fellow people in need of therapy, casuals,

This year marks my 20th on the yard. We’ve been through a lot together, high highs and low lows. I feel like I know some of you personally. I feel like I never want to know some of you personally. We’re a big weird family. It’s concerning how much time we spend in each other’s “company.”

In honor of 20 years I thought I would impart some message board wisdom I’ve acquired over two decades. I hope you find at least one of these thoughts to be personally relevant and valuable. And if not…

1. Never underestimate the power of saying nothing. Nobody likes a holier than thou blowhard, try not to gatekeep peoples behavior and certainly don’t create an entire thread on it. That’s in really poor taste.

2. Don’t take yourself (and your opinions) too seriously. Your Sam Cassell Jr November hot take probably won’t hold up anyway.

3. Get in on the jokes
and the mojo rituals.
The ties that bind us.

4. Add value! A fact, a stat, link content, make a podcast with your kid, review a fast food roast beef sandwich. What are you bringing?

5. If you‘ve replied to the same poster three times in the same thread you are undoubtedly ruining that thread. Get a room.

6. Know your history.

7. Nobody adds value in the immediate 12 hours after a loss. It’s a bunch of vented emotion going out into the ether so people don’t kick their dog. Best to wait it out for the sane posts to return.

8. The best way to disagree with someone is to support your counterpoint, not argue against theirs. Especially if your argument against theirs is they are dumb for having an opinion.

9. For better and for worse the yard never forgets. Make a post about running with a cell phone in each hand? We remember. Get kicked out of the garden for arguing with a ref? We remember. Drink and post at your own risk.

10. Take or leave the above, it’s just one guys thoughts after all. Thanks for reading all of these or at least skipping to the bottom. Here’s to another trip around the sun and another chapter in our husky hero’s saga. I’ll see you all in the garden.

OFP
Are these 10 positives or negatives

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well done OFP. Oh and thinking about it Emeka might just make a good President!!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
As a UConn guy who was active on other types of forums for a long time, I can't believe i didn't know this place existied until just a couple years ago. I'm sure i missed a lot :)

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Sounds like my certainty that Cup Cormier was going to beat out Ollie as our starting point guard and lead us to the promised land.

Oh well, at least I was right about Khalid in that regard when I saw him for the first time a few years later.
I remember seeing Khalid for the first time at the season-opening open practice or whatever it was (I was casual even back then) - I think it was at the Civic Center. I had no idea what to make of him, but he turned out allright.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
As a UConn guy who was active on other types of forums for a long time, I can't believe i didn't know this place existied until just a couple years ago. I'm sure i missed a lot :)
All other forums are horrendous.

Reaction Score
As someone else said I have no idea when I joined the Boneyard, but I have been reading all the pearls of wisdom posted for many years. Nan talked me into posting sometime in the last year. I have been listening to UConn basketball since 1967.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Well, I've been here since 2012, and on the earlier permutations as well (was it Rivals for a while?). Started following UConn when my Wilbur Cross classmate Earl Kelley signed up in 1986... yes, that makes me old. Went to college with Zags at Wesleyan.

Reaction Score
That was great :D this will be my second year as part of the Boneyard. But I’ve been watching UConn since 2010-11

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Some posters are ignoring all the rules.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom