OK Who Guards JuJu? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK Who Guards JuJu?

Reaction Score
You need someone with a solid body to keep Juju from getting a head of stream while going to the basket. She is too strong and once in motion is likely to get either her defender or the big that comes over in foul trouble. If Geno can talk Nika into minimizing her hand guarding, she has the best combination of speed and strength. 2nd key would be on pick and rolls to immediately have another guard to double or cut her off, forcing her to give up the ball.

Reaction Score
In the first post Old Husky got it right!!! Double team her if she goes into the post. Also, prevention on in bound plays is a great strategy! We must switch...Q might also do well as a wayfor her to get some real tough game experience; especially in the second half, i.e.., third quarter. It needs to start now. We'll need a defensive stopper in upcoming years. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Juju must be cracking up is she was ready this. Boneyard assistant coaches brainstorming for a 9:15 pm game :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hard to say what will happen tonight. I tend to think it’s best to not focus too much on Watkins but to make sure the rest of the team doesn’t go off. There’s also the possibility that USC may be overwhelmed by the bigness of the occasion. I’m not counting on that but it does happen sometimes with teams that aren’t used to big, high pressure games. I agree ith many other posters that the big key for us, is foul trouble. If we can stay clear of foul trouble, we have a good chance. If not? Well, start dreaming about next season! I
feel so sorry for our players (and coaches), it must be brutal to have to play every game with the constant pressure of fouls and no bench hanging over their heads! One of the most impressive/amazing things about this team is how they have gone through this whole season with that hanging over their heads and ifrc, have only had serious trouble, one time. Perhaps I am missing something but really the Aaliyah thing against Duke was the only bad time I can remember.

Reaction Score
Who will you take out of the lineup for Q?
I like the idea of Qadence guarding Juju... four a minute or two at a time throughout the game. And just guard her; don't foul! That gives short breathers to the other guards, where the other guards aren't out too much.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
USC is probably more worried about...who guards Paige.
I posted something similar to this earlier in this thread but added Aaliyah and, if she is on, Ashlynn.
Seems like we only have to worry about 1 player but they should be worried about at least 3 Huskies.
The bait is still on the hook.

Reaction Score
Who will you take out of the lineup for Q?
Obviously Aliyah. In fact maybe rotate Q and Ice for the entire game... or until they both foul out... or halftime... whichever comes first.

How far can we take this before someone realizes the initial post was a joke?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom