OK, which team was better: 2014 or 2002? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK, which team was better: 2014 or 2002?

Once and for all, which was the better UConn team?

Votes: 17 42.5%

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewie wasn't the best player in UCONN history ever last year. She may become over time the greatest. But I wouldn't call that the best ever for a husky in that specific year. KML - overall it was probably her worst year last year. And Moriah -- last year they deliberately left her WIDE OPEN in both Stanford game and ND game. There was a reason.

IMO you can't cherry pick MoJeff's jr year and put her on last year's team (I see what I feel are irrelevant posts of that the whole team from last year is now on the wall). A player such as MoJeff is far superior this year.

Stewie's performances in the final four in 2013 and 2014 were as dominant as any UConn player I've seen. To say that the Stewie of last year wasn't in discussion of best UConn players ever? I don't agree. She was the difference why we finally got the Notre Dame monkey off our back in 2013. As a freshman.

Reaction Score
2002. DT playing with 4 seniors who went 1, 2, 4, 6 in the WNBA draft. I think DT would say, "Bring it!"

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I agree with the 2002 team.However I think we should Wait un till this season is over.

This question was about last season versus 2002. This season wasn't part of the poll.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This question was about last season versus 2002. This season wasn't part of the poll.
Yep, although once this season is over, where this team ranks among all other would be an interesting debate as well wouldn't? The potential match ups are fascinating.

Reaction Score
Stewie's performances in the final four in 2013 and 2014 were as dominant as any UConn player I've seen. To say that the Stewie of last year wasn't in discussion of best UConn players ever? I don't agree. She was the difference why we finally got the Notre Dame monkey off our back in 2013. As a freshman.

Are we talking 2013 or 2014? If the comparison is 2014 vs 2002 what does 2013 have to do with it?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Stats? Did you see the games in which Stanford and ND left her wide open? Are we to go only by stats and not look at why she was left wide open? Why did they leave her wide open?

Sure KML's stats were pretty good for worst year. But we are talking all-time greatest teams ever. "Worst year" is not that close to "best year" and the difference between all these super-supreme teams isn't much. Thus to be near the top of your game is important because your competition in this fantasy game is on the top of theirs.

As far as "teams left her open-- c'mon you saw the games. DO I really need to go to the website that has all the games and point it out?
Yeah, you do, because obviously you don't like to look at numbers and would just prefer to rely on fuzzy memories. A player shoots 40% from outside and all the teams are so stupid that they just say "Go shoot the bombs Moriah because we can live with that 2 of 5 success rate on the threes." And even if this fantasy was somehow true, it's not MoJeff's fault if teams are dumb and underrate her.

So first you are saying that what you believe you saw in two games (Stanford and ND refusing to guard her) blows away all the stats? Um, can we get back to some logic and real numbers here. You stated that MoJeff's soph year was so bad that "cherry picking" her stats from this year and transforming them to last year is the only way that anyone could believe that UConn had three top players on their team last year from this squad. Yes, I know you don't want to look at MoJeff's last year stats because you didn't bother looking at them before making your strange claims about her inadequacy, but that's both wrong and lame.

Why don't you post a poll asking UConn fans if they thought MoJeff had really good stats last year, not ones that we need to be embarrassed about. And really, stop already with this claim that teams didn't guard her last year and go watch the action again. I'm sure both the Irish and Cardinal remember the combined 11 assists and 7 steals she laid on them.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you do, because obviously you don't like to look at numbers and would just prefer to rely on fuzzy memories. A player shoots 40% from outside and all the teams are so stupid that they just say "Go shoot the bombs Moriah because we can live with that 2 of 5 success rate on the threes." And even if this fantasy was somehow true, it's not MoJeff's fault if teams are dumb and underrate her.

So first you are saying that what you believe you saw in two games (Stanford and ND refusing to guard her) blows away all the stats? Um, can we get back to some logic and real numbers here. You stated that MoJeff's soph year was so bad that "cherry picking" her stats from this year and transforming them to last year is the only way that anyone could believe that UConn had three top players on their team last year from this squad. Yes, I know you don't want to look at MoJeff's last year stats because you didn't bother looking at them before making your strange claims about her inadequacy, but that's both wrong and lame.

Why don't you post a poll asking UConn fans if they thought MoJeff had really good stats last year, not ones that we need to be embarrassed about. And really, stop already with this claim that teams didn't guard her last year and go watch the action again. I'm sure both the Irish and Cardinal remember the combined 11 assists and 7 steals she laid on them.

Unbelievable that you want me to do this in bold. I'll do it sometime tonight after we win or tomorrow. But it's unbelievable nevertheless And secondly-- really-- you're going to use the "Tara V and Muffett were dumb" statement when they did exactly the same thing back-to-back in final four and in finals? Really???? So Hall of Fame coaches that used the same strategy of leaving MoJeff wide open are stupid and in addition you call my memory "fuzzy" when I'm about to prove that she was left wide open? I'm just wondering what the excuse will be when I show that she was deliberately left wide open?

There is a reason they left her wide open-- despite the numbers she didn't have the confidence to shoot. Otherwise the 40% numbers would have had more meaning. There is a difference between a player that is willing to take several 3's in a game vs one that isn't so confident. That;s why for example you're use of 2-5 using these as meaningful "stats" have in reality little meaning. If she was deliberately left wide open and was a confident 3 point shooter you'd think over 2 games she would have taken at least five shots over the course of two games from 3, right?

Reaction Score
Are we talking 2013 or 2014? If the comparison is 2014 vs 2002 what does 2013 have to do with it?

Fine forget 2013. She was even better last year. You said the Stewart from last year was not one of the best players in UCOnn history. I simply disagree with that. She became one of if not the greatest in New orleans in 2013 and that only continued last year in Nashville.

Reaction Score
Fine forget 2013. She was even better last year. You said the Stewart from last year was not one of the best players in UCOnn history. I simply disagree with that. She became one of if not the greatest in New orleans in 2013 and that only continued last year in Nashville.

Okay I disagree too but got to run- I'll just add you said forget 2013 buy then you bring it up again. Why? Why are you even mentioning 2013?

Let's go Huskies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom