Ok...they better get Uconn this year! | The Boneyard

Ok...they better get Uconn this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Speaking of all other women's teams. And yet, they still might challenge for a title. But I expect the transition with the guards, to be a little bit of a struggle. Unless Saniya breaks out! But...that 2017-18 might be the deepest Uconn team yet. With Dangerfield being seasoned a little and the upper classmen along with transfers! Not to mention recruits...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would still not want to see UConn in my part of the bracket this year.

Thank you so much jconton56. An honest observation here. I've been saying that for years. NONE of the other 63 teams that are selected to participate in the NCAA tournament want to be in UConn's bracket either. They would rather take their chances in any other region than UConn's. Especially after what happened to the other #1 seeds in this year's tournament. :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Chong and Butler are factors. Plus, the same issue confronting every team--staying healthy. If Chong and Butler step up and they avoid injuries, there is enough there to be a nightmare for most teams.

Correct. And what most folks forget is that no matter who Geno puts on the floor, they will play tough, stingy, turn-you-over defense for 40 minutes, which has been the hallmark of Geno's teams for years.
No matter who comes or goes, the defense remains unchanged. We also know that there are plenty of ladies on this team that can (as Isiah Thomas likes to say) "score the basketball". I honestly think UConn will fare better this coming season than most folks are willing to admit. Geno and staff know they have a "Mount Everest" in front of them this season, that will be a daunting challenge for them beginning to end.

Carnac

Reaction Score
True...however, UCONN will be unstoppable in 2017-18 without Ms Walker! (Ms Walker...if you read this, you would clearly be a major factor in our unstoppability in the three subsequent years)

Those that fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it. These words have been echoed throughout the existence of mankind. Lest we forget the immortal words of that wise and noted philosopher, and former Houston Rockets head coach Rudy Tomjanovich: "NEVER under estimate the heart of a champion". There are a surprising number of coaches that are now lining up to take a number to play UConn in the coming years now that the BIG 3 have left the building. Coaches that here to fore wanted not part of what UConn was selling. Coaches that now feel UConn is now beatable. Some of these folks are in for a rude awakening, UConn style. :eek: How you doing? :D

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think that the Huskies will certainly be in the hunt for another NC next season, although I doubt that you will be able to bet the field against them and get six to one for your money.

Reaction Score
She has had 3 years of opportunities -and has failed to respond. Unleash the Nurse/Dangerfield might be a better choice.
I think she'll definitely be in the mix. Unlike last year, there won't be a set back court at the very beginning. Saniya should get plenty of opportunities to get quality minutes. Then....it's up to her.

Reaction Score
She has had 3 years of opportunities -and has failed to respond. Unleash the Nurse/Dangerfield might be a better choice.
I think Nurse is a given and Lil CD has it in her DNA, so I call for the unleashing of the Chong to give us a better chance at a 12th NC. I hope she hears my call. CCCCCHoooooooooong!

Reaction Score
I've said this before and I will say it again, I will go into battle any day of the week and twice on Sundays with the returning core of KLS, Collier, Gabby and Nurse. They are talented, tough, athletic and know what it takes to win big games. Don't sleep on them...They're just scratching the surface.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In fairness to Saniya, she had the IT Band injury this past year... that limited her. I have no idea if she will be 100% healthy next year, but if she is, she could be a force!

Reaction Score
Correct. And what most folks forget is that no matter who Geno puts on the floor, they will play tough, stingy, turn-you-over defense for 40 minutes, which has been the hallmark of Geno's teams for years.
No matter who comes or goes, the defense remains unchanged. We also know that there are plenty of ladies on this team that can (as Isiah Thomas likes to say) "score the basketball". I honestly think UConn will fare better this coming season than most folks are willing to admit. Geno and staff know they have a "Mount Everest" in front of them this season, that will be a daunting challenge for them beginning to end.

CARN: Oh Wise One, was it REALLY Isiah who coined that ridiculous expression? Thought it was probably Burke. Doesn't she say it to the point of nausea?

Reaction Score
I think Nurse is a given and Lil CD has it in her DNA, so I call for the unleashing of the Chong to give us a better chance at a 12th NC. I hope she hears my call. CCCCCHoooooooooong!

MDOG: I make that same call every time she makes a 3. Got a kick out of reading your rendition. Wonder if others do the same?

Reaction Score
They'll need someone to guard the post against better teams. That is the biggest issue, imo.

I'm certain you're referring to the South Carolina's and Baylor's of the world, if post defense is the Huskies biggest concern they will be fine. One way to cover up weak post defense is with superior defense by your guards. For the last 3years UConn has had the greatest on ball defender in the history of the women's game, terrorizing opposing guards making it impossible to run their offenses. This is a guards game and Geno went out and recruited two guards who get after it defensively, the man knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom