OK So how does Nika get here? | The Boneyard

OK So how does Nika get here?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This could be interedting with the current travel ban.

Reaction Score
She can fly to England then fly to USA ...but be fast. Not too many countries are not in the list.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
More importantly, if students are asked to move off campus, will Anna be able to easily get back home?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The announcement by UConn outlining telecommuting also specifies that those residential students who are not able to return home will receive accommodations through Student Housing/Residential Life. I assume that means foreign students like Anna. Although I agree with Milford that she will probably stay with Molly until the end of the semester.

Reaction Score
I have friend who has a friend who knows a guy that knows another guy that owns a boat that can "get people" to the United States through Canada...Does that help? :rolleyes:
Only if she knows your brothers, sisters, cousins uncle! THEN and ONLY THEN will it definitely, maybe happen! :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
On the flipside will her parents want her to fly here? Recycled air isn't the best in best of times.
Planes recycle fresh air 20/30 times per hour, about the same as hospital air handling systems.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Anna spent Thanksgiving with Molly's family and was with Molly having dinner at the Mohegan Sun on Saturday night. I'm sure the Bent family would take care of Anna.

I’m less concerned about the end of the semester and more about what happens if it doesn’t clear up by summer. I went to college about 1,800 miles away from home and had a few really close friends whose families became like my own, but there wasn’t anything like resetting at home every Christmas and summer. I can only imagine how much more important that would be for me if I would have been in a different country. Think about how she was able to get into better headspace after just a few days home at Christmas.

At the very least, Ola is here and they can spend time together if they can’t make it back to Poland.

ETA: I know she won’t be destitute.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I’m less concerned about the end of the semester and more about what happens if it doesn’t clear up by summer. I went to college about 1,800 miles away from home and had a few really close friends whose families became like my own, but there wasn’t anything like resetting at home every Christmas and summer. I can only imagine how much more important that would be for me if I would have been in a different country. Think about how she was able to get into better headspace after just a few days home at Christmas.

At the very least, Ola is here and they can spend time together if they can’t make it back to Poland.

For 6 years Anna lived away from home in a sports intensive school. That's not to say that she lacked the ability to go home on breaks. It is my hope that she'll spend a lot of the summer working out on campus and I am going to be an optimist an say the shut down will be over by summer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I imagine Nika will get here by plane. Just like Paige. Is there some other mode of transportation that would be more practical?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen anything definitive, but I doubt that getting on a plane in the UK would help much if one were travelling on a passport from a blacklisted country. [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom