Ohmigod CBS why did you show that? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ohmigod CBS why did you show that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
God...Pitino's post game interview is moving.

I kinda hope Louisville wins it all now...if it means that Michigan and Syracuse don't get it.

Reaction Score
Injuries happen. They absolutely should have showed the replay. They gave the correct admonition - "it's gruesome. Don't watch if you don't want to." THEN they showed the replay.

You had your chance to look away.

So what's the issue? You don't want anybody else to see it? Frankly, in my line of work, I see injuries as bad as this all the time. It's only a big deal to some. Not to all. Please keep your censorship to yourself.

What's left? That they should not show it "out of respect for the kid?" I'm quite sure that 100% of the people watching have nothing but respect for the kid, who was yelling, "win the game" as they carted him off. LOVE HIM.

You don't want to watch, don't watch. But please don't try to dictate what other people can watch. Injuries are part of sports, and CBS handled it perfectly.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Pitino was crying...horrific injury.
Hope Kevin Ware recovers well.
In his favor, from the distant views it looks like a mid-shaft tibia-fibula fracture and from the mechanism of injury his knee and ankle joints may not be damaged.
Often, this type of injury occurs when there was a pre-existing stress fracture or cyst in the bone. I observed and treated a similar injury to an Army Sergeant who was running across the gravel at our base and his foot slipped on the ice then caught on the gravel.

If that is the case, does he have a good chance of a full recovery?

Reaction Score
Scary that it's even possible to get a leg injury that severe just by landing on your own weight the wrong way. That was horrific. Right in front of the UofL bench too.

Looked worse than the Theismann/LT injury.

Think about how many times we routinely jump off a stair, ledge, rock, etc.... And he's a better athlete, and in better shape than us. That's the scary part for me as it shows how freak accidents can happen anywhere and anytime.

For those that complain about CBS they only showed the replay once (maybe twice), which is forgivable. Thereafter they immediately determined that it was too gruesome and stopped replaying the injury. I had some people over my house who missed it and could not see the replay, as I had to tell them what I saw. I didn't hear the sound of the bone breaking until the youtube video above. Them winning and going to Atlanta (Ware's hometown) diminished his sorrow some.

I will for the kid to say "I'm all right, just win the game" over and over again, has to go down as one of the most heroic statements in college basketball. This kid has a future off the basketball court somewhere doing something that's for sure. I became an instant fan of his not for because of the injury but in spite of it.

Reaction Score
"Frankly, in my line of work, I see injuries as bad as this all the time".

WTF do you do for work???

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's actually possible this injury may have spared Ware something worse. One of the reasons a young adult would have this kind of injury on a relatively innocuous play is because of bone cancer, which would otherwise go undetected for a long time. Hopefully that's not it, but if it is the underlying cause, Ware might actually be a bit lucky as he'll have a head start on treating it early. Regardless, awful to see and wish him a speedy recovery.

Anyway, as to the replays, if anyone remembers Richard Zednick having his carotid artery sliced, CBC showed numerous replays from numerous angles, every one with blood spurting out before he even hit the ice. And then focusing on the trail of blood from the end line to the bench.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Was awful move by CbS. There was no way to see that unless they showed the replay, the camera didn't show it up close live because it cut to the shot. And they gave no warning of just how graphic it was the first time and continued to show it. My 9 year old son saw it and so did probably millions of other young ones.

CBS and Nantz are culpable. And then they created a video to show are over the Internet. Just lost.

They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't show the play.

Reaction Score
Agreed, should have never been replayed, it was not part of the live play. I blame that tool Nantz, he could have said no to it ultimately, overriden the producers.

Really? Wow. How about respect for the kid and general decency. Why is there a need to review a horrific injury? Just weird that someone thinks that should be replayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom