Ohio State-Michigan Bring Big Ten's Biggest Rivalry to NJ | The Boneyard

Ohio State-Michigan Bring Big Ten's Biggest Rivalry to NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After money, the second most important thing for conference expansion is recruiting territory. While UConn can offer a conference many things, new recruiting areas isn't one of them unfortunately. Here is an interesting article on what Ohio State and Michigan has done in New Jersey.......

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...ll/ap-fbc-big-ten-battle-for-jersey.html?_r=0

Reaction Score
While UConn can offer a conference many things, new recruiting areas isn't one of them unfortunately.

CAFightingCats1:57pm via Hootsuite
Academy’s Champions Football Camp to Host @UMich Coaching Staff. DETAILS:
Academy’s Champions Football Camp to Host University of Michigan Coaching Staff

>>Cheshire Academy’s Champions Football Camp is proud to welcome the University of Michigan’s NCAA Division 1 Football Coaching Staff to campus on June 4 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm. This will be the only satellite camp in New England to be visited by the University and will be an opportunity for any and all students entering grades 8 through postgraduate to be coached by the elite staff. For those interested in registering, please visit: www.cheshireacademy.org/fbcamp.

“Having Jim Harbaugh's staff on campus is an amazing opportunity for athletes from New England as well as New York and New Jersey to come to Cheshire Academy and gain exposure,” said Head Football Coach David Dykeman. “In addition to the University of Michigan coaches, we will also have other collegiate program staff in attendance from around New England.<<

He must have taken a wrong turn looking for NJ...

Reaction Score
Is there someway we can sick Nelson on BIGOSU? Time to unleash our BY super weapon

Nelson's troll offensive, honed through years of trolling his own fans, will grind BIGOSU into the dust...."OSU is in its final years as a major player. Sure they are making unprecedented money as the #1 program in the #1 conference but cord cutting, millennials, zombies and the threat of a dinosaur resurrection could change that at any time. OSU and the Big10 need a plan now and hope is not a plan. OSU needs to lobby the Big East now for admission, time to auction off the Horseshoe to higher bidder, it is truly the end of days in Columbus...save yourself BIGOSU"

Reaction Score
As much as we love to hear how great B1G, OSU, and Michigan are doing, we really don't care unless we are in the conference. It is ridiculous a school like RU is in the club while we are outside looking. It baffles me how conference realignment is like the old boys network where old members decide who can join the club or not. It is insulting to a great university like UCONN that we are somehow left out of this club.

Reaction Score
Is there someway we can sick Nelson on BIGOSU? Time to unleash our BY super weapon

Nelson's troll offensive, honed through years of trolling his own fans, will grind BIGOSU into the dust...."OSU is in its final years as a major player. Sure they are making unprecedented money as the #1 program in the #1 conference but cord cutting, millennials, zombies and the threat of a dinosaur resurrection could change that at any time. OSU and the Big10 need a plan now and hope is not a plan. OSU needs to lobby the Big East now for admission, time to auction off the Horseshoe to higher bidder, it is truly the end of days in Columbus...save yourself BIGOSU"

Force him into a chat room with Nelson, Buc, Notre Dame Joe, and Okie. The only acceptable topics are UConn's Athletic Future, The Dissolution of The Big 12 Conference, Anything that mentions The BUG, and Uconn's Attendance/Northeast Football Fandom. The Moderator is The Dood. Enjoy.

Reaction Score
As much as we love to hear how great B1G, OSU, and Michigan are doing, we really don't care unless we are in the conference. It is ridiculous a school like RU is in the club while we are outside looking. It baffles me how conference realignment is like the old boys network where old members decide who can join the club or not. It is insulting to a great university like UCONN that we are somehow left out of this club.
I believe that there needs to be a movement created by UConn fans to encourage everyone who lives in States in the Northeast that do not have a Big Ten team to root for, to encourage their cable providers to remove the Big Ten Network from their cable sports packages. There is absolutely no need for anyone here to watch and pay for Big Ten sports when there is no vested interest in any team. Outside of New Jersey, very few people are interested in watching Rutgers. Once such a statement is made, then they may reconsider and invite UConn. I wonder how many people in NY, CT, MA really watch anything on the Big Ten network, yet it is included in most sports packages. I remember when people of CT had to lobby to get ESPNU to get UConn sports and then SNY. The same can be done in reverse to the Big Ten Network.

Reaction Score
After money, the second most important thing for conference expansion is recruiting territory. While UConn can offer a conference many things, new recruiting areas isn't one of them unfortunately. Here is an interesting article on what Ohio State and Michigan has done in New Jersey..

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...ll/ap-fbc-big-ten-battle-for-jersey.html?_r=0
The time for honoring yourself here will soon be at an end, Highness.

Reaction Score
Comcast in Northwestern CT has BTN but you have to buy it in a package. I am not subscribed but am ready as soon as big Jim is.

Reaction Score
Comcast in Northwestern CT has BTN but you have to buy it in a package. I am not subscribed but am ready as soon as big Jim is.

I have it due to buying a package to get espnu, also have Fs1, which I don't watch.

Reaction Score
I believe that there needs to be a movement created by UConn fans to encourage everyone who lives in States in the Northeast that do not have a Big Ten team to root for, to encourage their cable providers to remove the Big Ten Network from their cable sports packages.

There are more than a few Big Ten alumns in the area.

I assume you have the same sentiments for a would-be ACCn?

iWKad22.jpg

Reaction Score
I have the same sentiments for a proposed ACC Network as well. The way to help UConn get into a P5 is to stop paying the conferences that don't invite them. I really doubt that many people watch the programs on these networks unless they have a team they like in the conference. Let the Big Ten alums subscribe. I just don't believe these networks should be forced on people as part of a sports package. UConn fans are paying conferences who keep them out by subscribing.

Reaction Score
UConn fans are paying conferences who keep them out by subscribing.

They're just sharing the cost of a bundled service. Likewise, the people that do watch BTN are sharing the cost of other channels. Likewise, advertisers are offsetting the cost of the channels you watch.

I think I might come out ahead actually if everything was metered or a la carte. I rarely use my cell phone for long distance or texting, rarely watch TV, never use the local library and only visit national parks occasionally. I am happy, however, to share the cost to avoid having to pay a huge fee for when I (or my kids) do want to use them. And I'm fairly certain that many services would otherwise cease to exist without a steady source of income. It just makes it easier to pay a little to have it around as a convenience. Just don't meter me for time on message boards...

Does that mean that ever niche channel deserves a subsidy. No, but if nothing else, I don't think it would play well in Chicago for the people of Connecticut to stage an organized outcry over the cost of something like 15 cents a month for BTN. At least not while they are very much in the running for membership.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There was a guy always wore OSU gear that sat next to me when I had seats in section 130. He was a really cool dude. Something tells me he is not B1GOSU

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There are more than a few Big Ten alumns in the area.

I assume you have the same sentiments for a would-be ACCn?
No need to facepalm - one of the best stances by CT would be to remove LHN, BTN and any other regional non-UConn affiliate from the respective cable rosters. While I understand that the per-customer cost is significantly different if UConn's in the conference, we want to drive any non-UConn broadcasts out until we're P5.

Reaction Score
No need to facepalm - one of the best stances by CT would be to remove LHN, BTN and any other regional non-UConn affiliate from the respective cable rosters. While I understand that the per-customer cost is significantly different if UConn's in the conference, we want to drive any non-UConn broadcasts out until we're P5.

Oh that it could be done! One thing for sure, you couldn't force me to watch Rutgers at the point of a gun.

C

Chief00

Pick your leaders wisely. It is one of the last old boys clubs left - so we pick a woman - who seems more concerned with other issues. Then she hires a Consultant to buy the relationships she doesn't naturally have - which is fine but I like Mike T but I do wonder how hiring him helps us with the ACC relationships - his conference was raided by that conference and it was pretty contenous.

Reaction Score
They're just sharing the cost of a bundled service. Likewise, the people that do watch BTN are sharing the cost of other channels. Likewise, advertisers are offsetting the cost of the channels you watch.

I think I might come out ahead actually if everything was metered or a la carte. I rarely use my cell phone for long distance or texting, rarely watch TV, never use the local library and only visit national parks occasionally. I am happy, however, to share the cost to avoid having to pay a huge fee for when I (or my kids) do want to use them. And I'm fairly certain that many services would otherwise cease to exist without a steady source of income. It just makes it easier to pay a little to have it around as a convenience. Just don't meter me for time on message boards...

Does that mean that ever niche channel deserves a subsidy. No, but if nothing else, I don't think it would play well in Chicago for the people of Connecticut to stage an organized outcry over the cost of something like 15 cents a month for BTN. At least not while they are very much in the running for membership.
A state with no vested interest in a conference should not be required to carry a conference network as part of a package. It could be available to those that are interested. Once a school is a member of a conference, then perhaps inclusion of the conference network could then be mandatory for a sports package as a part of the deal. As far, Chicago is concerned, there is absolutely no evidence that UConn is in the running for membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom