Oh, Maya! | The Boneyard

Oh, Maya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From her first game as a freshman at UConn, she played like a pro! Always moving, always around the ball, always looking for the open man, always involved in the crucial play - quintessential team player. I work out every day while watching her UConn games - she was electrifying. In my opinion she is the best to ever play the game of basketball.

Reaction Score
From her first game as a freshman at UConn, she played like a pro! Always moving, always around the ball, always looking for the open man, always involved in the crucial play - quintessential team player. I work out every day while watching her UConn games - she was electrifying. In my opinion she is the best to ever play the game of basketball.
Generally, would agree. I'd encourage a re-watching of her games as a Husky, and just how much she she assisted on Tina's baskets. It's a shame we didn't have the match-ups with the Lady Vols during Maya's years. Had we, she would have given PHS every bit the fits Diana did. Had that been the case, there probably wouldn't be much disagreement of who the best was. But, then Stewie came along!:cool:

Reaction Score
Maya Moore is still the best UCONN Husky ever... my opinion.. followed by Stewie and Diana Taurasi
amazing talents all three...if someone has a gun to my head and need a basket to survive, DT gets the basketball...lol...never thought i would say this but if she stays health Stewie in three years is probably the best player to ever play...she simply does things that no one else can do...Maya offensively smooth as silk...best offensive player in the world...bar none...just my opinion

Reaction Score
Coach Geno keeps saying that Diana is the best player ever. And as the best coach ever, he should know. But this outside observer keeps looking at Maya, and darned if I don't think that she's the best I've seen!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Coach Geno keeps saying that Diana is the best player ever. And as the best coach ever, he should know. But this outside observer keeps looking at Maya, and darned if I don't think that she's the best I've seen!
I suspect absence makes the heart grow fonder - ask him again in say 15 years and he may have changed his tune. The three of them stand above the rest and amongst the greatest ever. And I would actually add Sue and Moriah to that mix in the Uconn pantheon and if Moriah continues as she has begun her pro career, both will belong up there in discussions of best ever. They do not get the same accolades because their contributions are more subtle, and their 'numbers' are much harder to measure. but Maya without Whalen, Jackson without Bird, DT without Bird, Stewart without Bird and Moriah, are not as impressive.

Reaction Score
I suspect absence makes the heart grow fonder - ask him again in say 15 years and he may have changed his tune. The three of them stand above the rest and amongst the greatest ever. And I would actually add Sue and Moriah to that mix in the Uconn pantheon and if Moriah continues as she has begun her pro career, both will belong up there in discussions of best ever. They do not get the same accolades because their contributions are more subtle, and their 'numbers' are much harder to measure. but Maya without Whalen, Jackson without Bird, DT without Bird, Stewart without Bird and Moriah, are not as impressive.
DT won 2 NC's without Bird

Reaction Score
Was there volume, because if there was, I didn't hear it. Breanna is the best women's college basketball player ever because she affected the game on both ends of the floor much more so than Maya and D. Neither of them were dominant on the defensive side of the ball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Compare the play starting at about 1:00 on the Maya video as she pairs with Lindsay on a Maya-Oop with the one starting at the 0:20 mark of the Stewie highlights with Jewell.

Maya is very prideful and competitive. She must be thinking, "I can do THAT"

Dynamic Duo: Storm's Jewell Loyd and Breanna Stewart - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom