Oh great, BC just won their first conference game in 2 years. | The Boneyard

Oh great, BC just won their first conference game in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Who cares?

Is there not enough to worry about right now in Storrs than to concern ourselves with anyone else?
It matters because if we don't beat them, they now likely go to a bowl game.

Reaction Score
Who cares?

Is there not enough to worry about right now in Storrs than to concern ourselves with anyone else?
x100.

We have our very own dumpster fire right here. Could care less about BC, RU, SU etc.

Reaction Score
Bought 10 tickets to the BC game thinking it would be a sweet win in a breakout season for us... Unfortunately, that hasn't quite played out according to plan.
Unfortunately, think we're looking at a 3-8 team headed into the final game against Tulane. Somewhat reminding me of the game against a winless SMU team...
While I do agree that Diaco has to go, it's depressing to think that we have to start all over again with another new staff...

Reaction Score
BC is terrible, if you can drop 20 points on them you will win. There are few teams I hate more than BC. That game is very winnable.

Reaction Score
Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll extend Addazio, who is still a horrendous coach.
Addazio has already received an extended contact ( thru 2020 ). Besides, I'm not sure how Addazio getting terminated or continued as BC's Coach after this season affects the Uconn football program. Near as I can tell, it won't affect Uconn football at all,.. either way.

Reaction Score
BC's defense looks good against teams like us. They have more speed on both sides of the ball and they will be playing for a bowl game. It will be an ugly, boring game to watch but not a blow out loss.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate BC
Maybe they won't show up!!!!

Reaction Score
Disappointing season. Loss to BC would be pouring salt in the wound..... But in the spirit of full disclosure, I am so petty and vindictive against BC that if we can overflow Alumni Stadium with Blue and White and get that place rockin loud with UConn chants for forty minutes a la UConn/Notre Dame circa 2009, such to the point where I can see the embarrassment in every Eagles' fan's eyes, I would probably accept that modicum of satisfaction to make up for the whole dumpster fire that was this season.

Reaction Score
Disappointing season. Loss to BC would be pouring salt in the wound..... But in the spirit of full disclosure, I am so petty and vindictive against BC that if we can overflow Alumni Stadium with Blue and White and get that place rockin loud with UConn chants for forty minutes a la UConn/Notre Dame circa 2009, such to the point where I can see the embarrassment in every Eagles' fan's eyes, I would probably accept that modicum of satisfaction to make up for the whole dumpster fire that was this season.
Having louder fans at Alumni than their own fans has never embarrassed BC before. I've seen LOTs of opponents fans... Penn State, ND, Clemson, Texas, Virginia Tech, are just a handful of dozens that come to mind off th top of my head, that came into Alumni in droves, and were far more louder than the BC crowd. The fact that BC has won a lot of football games despite this at Alumni Stadium since the 70's( and sent the opponents loud fans home in an orderly, single file, silent mode exit to the busses and parking lots), really did not seem to matter , one way or the other, that the opponents fans were " louder " than BC 's own fans at the game. BC can't be embarrasssed by laaisez faire fans. You would think they would be embarrassed by it after all these years, but truth be told, they don't seem to care about such stuff. They just don't. Its just the way it is. It is kind of weird. BC has terrible fans on the whole, whether their team is good or bad. There are probably a dozen reasons for this... some legit, other not legit, imo. But the reasons are irrelevant anyway, imo. So no, BC can't be " embarrassed " that visiting yahoo fans to Alumni might be " louder " than BC fans there, imo. At the end of the day, if you win, or lose, is all that counts, not how " loud " the respective school's fans in their seats might be, or who has a bigger, better marching band, prettier girls, handsomer guys, smarter IQ fan bases, nicer cars, better tailgates, nicer looking uniforms, etc and all that stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Having louder fans at Alumni than their own fans has never embarrassed BC before. I've seen LOTs of opponents fans... Penn State, ND, Clemson, Texas, Virginia Tech, are just a handful of dozens that come to mind off th top of my head, that came into Alumni in droves, and were far more louder than the BC crowd. The fact that BC has won a lot of football games despite this at Alumni Stadium since the 70's( and sent the opponents loud fans home in an orderly, single file, silent mode exit to the busses and parking lots, really did not seem to matter, one way or the other, that the opponents fans were " louder " than BC 's own fans. BC can't be embarrasssed by laaisez faire fans. You would think they would be embarrassed after all these years, but truth be told, they don't seem to care about such stuff. They just don't. Its just the way it is.

Oh. Cool story. Truth be told, I don't think it will matter to me one way or the other what BC fans actually think. It's 2016. Even though I detest the guy, I'm just going go go in full Trumpian mode and believe the truth that fits my narrative. So if we overrun Chestnut Hill, BC fans will be #devastated. #Distraught. #Sad.

Reaction Score
And our day gets even better.
My first thoughts also...:(

Who cares?
Most teams, coaches, fans and anyone connected to a team are usually concerned about teams on their schedule. :confused: No malice AS but for many of us who will attend the game the outcome does not look as promising as it did at the beginning of the season. We'll be coming in off a bye week, what ever turns out at home against Temple which right now does not look promising. This after the most humiliating loss in as long as one can remember.
BC, a rival we have tried to schedule for years is now at hand and looking to be improved.
They will be coming in with most likely losses to Louisville and Fla St unless their momentum has become beyond belief. We, UConn will be the target of their Thanksgiving feast as it is now. I realize the team has the job to only look at the next opponent but as fans we have carte blanche to do as we damn well please. As for who cares? I'll not speak for others but I do...........;)

Reaction Score
Truth be told, I don't think it will matter to me one way or the other what BC fans actually think.
Exactly. Don't pay any mind to ticket purchasers around you. If you as a fan want to scream at the top of your lungs for your team( whether at the Rent, or on the road ) you should do so. I've been to plenty of football games on the road and at Alumni, where fans tell me to " hey you, down there in front, sit down! ". They are entitled to sit on their hands, but I'm entitled to stand up ( for a needed stretch ) or to cheer loudly for play on the field. I don't care what other ticket purchasers do at a football game, and if I want to stand up, and yell out, I do, and really don't care what others think about it, no matter what team they would like to see ultimately win the football game either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BC's fans are really no different than our fans. They are not loud or abnoxious and they like tailgate well into the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom