Ogun gets FL offer, saban vs pp talk | The Boneyard

Ogun gets FL offer, saban vs pp talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
I hope we get Ogundeko and give us a fighter's chance. Our coaches and facilities are as good as Florida or Alabama, he has to decide whether he wants to star at UConn and play 4 years (3 if he leaves early) and help build a program close to home while competing for BCS bowl game appearances, or compete with other stars in practice and play 1-2 years at an established power far from home with a chance to compete for a national title. This is what we want, to build UConn into a program that can compete with Florida and Alabama, and it starts with competing with them for the top players in the northeast. I hope PP, Don Brown, et al are excited about this chance to win a recruiting war, and pull it out.

Reaction Score
I hope we get Ogundeko and give us a fighter's chance. Our coaches and facilities are as good as Florida or Alabama, he has to decide whether he wants to star at UConn and play 4 years (3 if he leaves early) and help build a program close to home while competing for BCS bowl game appearances, or compete with other stars in practice and play 1-2 years at an established power far from home with a chance to compete for a national title. This is what we want, to build UConn into a program that can compete with Florida and Alabama, and it starts with competing with them for the top players in the northeast. I hope PP, Don Brown, et al are excited about this chance to win a recruiting war, and pull it out.

I like Coach P a lot, but he doesn't hold a candle to Saban when it comes to coaching ability.

pj

Reaction Score
Saban is a great coach. But PP's record isn't that different. Saban had the advantage of coaching in the SEC and Big Ten, PP has always been in the Big East and the northeast recruiting territory isn't the same, nor the resources at the school. PP is career 146-83, Saban, 146-54. In bowls PP is 6-3, Saban 7-6. Saban has a losing record as an NFL coach. Put PP at Alabama, where Saban has gone 55-12, and LSU and his record might match Saban's. Before Saban went to Alabama his winning percentage of 68% (91-42) was similar to PPs' before arriving at Connecticut 65% (141-76).
Saban is a golden boy, his career has proceeded from good situation to good situation with no hurdles. That proves ability but also a bit of luck.

Reaction Score
I'm going to throw this out there, this is the 2013 commitment thread so when I see the bold and click it I get excited to see commitment news..........not a debate about Nick Saban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom