Official Visits? | The Boneyard

Official Visits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we know if Cox, McCoy, Ionescu, Chou, etc have been on any official visits to any schools as of yet?

Reaction Score
Cox will not take official visits until fall. At least thats what her dad was quoted as saying in a recent article regarding her list being cut to six schools.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Cox and McCoy have both visited Louisville (actually they visited for the same game vs. NC ). But, it was this past season so it was (had to be) an unofficial visit.

Reaction Score
Cox and McCoy have both visited Louisville (actually they visited for the same game vs. NC ). But, it was this past season so it was (had to be) an unofficial visit.
O my...if Walz is able to pull those two, they could be a real force in a couple of years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Official visits can't take place until a player's junior year in high school and then only during Contact Periods. We are currently in an NCAA-mandated Quiet Period, which is defined as:

During a quiet period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

The Quiet Period lasts until July 5. That is the beginning of an Evaluation Period which is:

During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

The Evaluation Period lasts all summer except for brief spans of Dead Period, which allows no contact whatsoever. The 2015-2016 recruiting calendar isn't out yet, but typically a Contact Period doesn't happen until early September, so that's the earliest you might expect a recruit to make an official visit. Unofficial visits, however, can be taken whenever the recruit wishes since she, or her parents, are paying for it.

2014-2015 Recruiting Calendar

Reaction Score
Official visits can't take place until a player's junior year in high school and then only during Contact Periods. We are currently in an NCAA-mandated Quiet Period, which is defined as:

During a quiet period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

Off-campus contact is prohibited during a Quiet Period, but recruits can make both official and unofficial visits during that time. See, e.g., this guide from Stanford.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I am not sure if I can make an official visit this year. If i can i will post it here.

Reaction Score
Everybody keeps saying if only Jeff Walz this, and if only Jeff Walz that. If only when does he win a championship? That's what I want to know. As long as Geno and CD are at UConn, if only Jeff is not winning an NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom