Official Pitt Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official Pitt Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here are a couple predictions:

Some FANS will break out the I'VE BEEN P(EED) ON BAGS for headwear(ala the AINTS) during the course of the game
The always popular Fire P chant is started before the end of the 3rd qtr
PITT 24 UCONN 10

Reaction Score
Do not underestimate how flat Pitt will be on a short week on the road after losing the ND game about 7 different times yesterday. Watch either how short the line looks tonight or how quick it moves towards UConn.

Pitt may be flat, but our scoring offense is non-existent. 24-3 Pitt unfortunately and headed to 3-9.

Reaction Score
I figured Pitt would be -3 or -4 here. Definitely a favorable matchup for Uconn from a situational standpoint (Pitt with an emotional letdown after the ND game) but we are just so bad I don't think we can take advantage.

Pitt 21
Uconn 10

Reaction Score
Short lines at the latrine. Pitt is reeling after kicking one away. We could win 13-10, or lose 9-10. But few will be there at the end to see it.

Reaction Score
Pitt will be flat. UConn will force a couple of early turnovers. UConn will not turn said turnovers into touchdowns. Pitt will shake off the cobwebs. Pitt 16, UConn 9.

UConn is 110th in yards, 116th in rushing and 117th in scoring. We aren't winning any more games.

Reaction Score
We win 27-17. The passing game will be in gear as the O-line does a better job. We also get a TD from special teams. GDL says 'we're finally making progress".

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I always think we win this game. It's a sickness. See photo below.

Reaction Score
22,000-25,000 attendance
27-9 with Pitt pulling away in 2nd half

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Laughing, Robert Burton notches another "I told ya so" into his money clip.

Reaction Score
Nothing motivates like a sword hanging over your head. Don't be surprised if P and friend pull a rabbit out their hats. They know they don't survive without a signature win to sell more hope and play for more time. I predict simplified offense and focus on basic execution.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nothing motivates like a sword hanging over your head. Don't be surprised if P and friend pull a rabbit out their hats. They know they don't survive without a signature win to sell more hope and play for more time. I predict simplified offense and focus on basic execution.

Nothing says signature win, like a win over a 4-5 Pitt team.

If UConn somehow manages to pull out a 7-3 victory, I can assure you hope is not what I'll be leaving the game with.

Reaction Score
You can set your watch to these games. Just saw it happen to Purdue after the Ohio State loss.

We saw it happen to UConn. Collapse against Temple. Short week on road at Syracuse. Disastrous outcome.

Throw in the predictive powers of the official Boneyard prediction thread - it's like a 21-3 UConn win.

It's really more of a basketball concept - but Pitt won't get off the bus.
Is this a serious post? Pitt loses by 17? Or is there a hidden message in here? cuz I don't think we win this, and never would we win by 17

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is this a serious post? Pitt loses by 17? Or is there a hidden message in here? cuz I don't think we win this, and never would we win by 17

Of course I'm serious. Teams that come close to huge upsets come out flat all the time. Have you seen Purdue since the OSU game for example?

Short week going on the road against a team that is generally better at home and is probably better than their results.

There is a reason the line is 3.5 but everyone here is predicting a Pitt blowout. Let's not go crazy on Pitt anyway. They lost to YSU, slept walked past Buffalo - just because they caught ND on the right day (and still couldn't beat them) doesn't mean they are good.

Reaction Score
Whaler you are grossly overrating our ability to play football. We are perhaps the worst offensive team in the country.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler you are grossly overrating our ability to play football. We are perhaps the worst offensive team in the country.

If you say so. There are two teams on the field, there is the chance the other team plays worse.

Go read the NCSU, WMU, Temple, Rutgers and Syracuse prediction threads and let me know how well the Boneyard is at predicting outcomes.

I know what generally happens to teams like Pitt when things like this happen and generally they roll over and play dead. UConn's effort was fine on Saturday and that is really the difference when two flawed medicore teams play late in the year.

I can certainly be wrong and this game will be 40-0, but I'll be backing my prediction with real money not just talking out of my a**.

Reaction Score
Of course I'm serious. Teams that come close to huge upsets come out flat all the time. Have you seen Purdue since the OSU game for example?

Short week going on the road against a team that is generally better at home and is probably better than their results.

There is a reason the line is 3.5 but everyone here is predicting a Pitt blowout. Let's not go crazy on Pitt anyway. They lost to YSU, slept walked past Buffalo - just because they caught ND on the right day (and still couldn't beat them) doesn't mean they are good.

How about Arizona coming off their huge win against USC..........lost 66-10 @ UCLA. Prime example.

Reaction Score
31-14 Uconn. I'm a homer and I think Whitmer is for real. D played great last game and it will all come together.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think we can score a few TD's. Pitt will be ripe for a few TO's. The crowd will be large and loud enough to have a positive effect. Should be fun. I've to The Rent for 2 great night game wins against Pitt, why not 3?

Reaction Score
31-14 Uconn. I'm a homer and I think Whitmer is for real. D played great last game and it will all come together.

Wow....31 pts is 4X our current Big East scoring average...

Reaction Score
If you say so. There are two teams on the field, there is the chance the other team plays worse.

Go read the NCSU, WMU, Temple, Rutgers and Syracuse prediction threads and let me know how well the Boneyard is at predicting outcomes.

I know what generally happens to teams like Pitt when things like this happen and generally they roll over and play dead. UConn's effort was fine on Saturday and that is really the difference when two flawed medicore teams play late in the year.

I can certainly be wrong and this game will be 40-0, but I'll be backing my prediction with real money not just talking out of my a**.

I'll reiterate my prediction. Pitt will come out flat, UConn will miss out on some early opportunities to capitalize, Pitt plays well enough late in the game to win. 16-9 ish. I'm not predicting a UConn blow-out loss, just another solid performance by the D, and inept performance by the O. You know George DeLeone is our offensive coordinator, right?

Reaction Score
Starting field position is poor and Uconn will have trouble getting to double digits. Uconn's punt return efforts are very poor, not hurrying the punter, not blocking opponents, not positioning to catch and run (too many let it bounce) and fair catching when have room. Looks like a team that uses JV players on punt return 'cause don't want to hurt varsity players. Defense has been good at stopping scoring but not as good with takeaways and quick 3 and outs - so what saved many a Uconn teams (short fields) has not been the norm recently.
Pitt runs too well which opens up the short passing game (which is killer for Uconn) so I'm seeing a double digit loss; and the 1st digit may not be a 1.
I called for a Pitt over ND game, wife thought I was crazy, but Pitt can play that good; Uconn can not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom