Official NLI thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And I kept them to myself until he decided to paint the staff in a negative light. Few have more complaints about the work P has done here, but I'm not going to allow someone to paint an incorrect portrait of what happened in a high profile situation that makes UConn look bad.

You are OK with it? I am not. No one is forcing you to read.

Im not sure this makes UConn look bad. I mean, last minute signings and "fill ins" happen every February in college football recruiting. The staff didn't do anything wrong, they did what was right for the school. They didn't pull the offer. If that was the case, the Mr Lagow might have a gripe. As far as I know they still have a schollie for the kid.

The Lagows have not done anything wrong, except maybe posting on here. They did what they thought was right for them. But that also came with risks of pushing UConn to bring another QB in. They rolled the dice and didn't get 7s. But they didn't get snake eyes either. They get another roll of the dice. It's up to them whether they roll or walk away from the table.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This thread has gotten completely out of hand.

We cant curse or type West Virginia "insiders" names on The Boneyard but this is allowed to go on for 40 pages?

All this back and forth has certainly put a damper on what should have been a great day.

This has just gotten ugly all around.

At the end of the day Coach P should've really just worn a UCONN polo.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Im not sure this makes UConn look bad. I mean, last minute signings and "fill ins" happen every February in college football recruiting. The staff didn't do anything wrong, they did what was right for the school. They didn't pull the offer. If that was the case, the Mr Lagow might have a gripe. As far as I know they still have a schollie for the kid.

The Lagows have not done anything wrong, except maybe posting on here. They did what they thought was right for them. But that also came with risks of pushing UConn to bring another QB in. They rolled the dice and didn't get 7s. But they didn't get snake eyes either. They get another roll of the dice. It's up to them whether they roll or walk away from the table.

Read the whole thread.

I flat out said I fully respect wanting to be the only QB in a class.

Either tell the truth or just keep quiet. Don't try to run a bunch of jive about being sick keeping someone from signing a letter. Especially when that someone was granting interviews asking for offers.

Changed your mind? Fine. Want more time? Fine. But don't try to pretend you got burned by the Taylor signing after yapping all week about being on the fence.

Has the situation changed and you need more time to explore other options? Knock yourself out - just don't try to pretend it's something else. And don't whine when the world moves on without waiting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You should see the looks I get when I describe to my students (while discussing a work of literature) a young man wooing a woman as being "on the make."

Do you let them read "To his coy mistress". Loved that one.

Reaction Score
I like this class. That's the hardest part of competing at the top level. Much encouraged by OC and DC choices. Things looking up. Hope unsigned kid from Texas does what turns out to be good for him.

I'm going to send coach P my Uconn tie, just trying to help in small ways.

Reaction Score
So that explains the 60k dollar 1/4 ton pickup. It is nice to see honest people out here who what to do the right thing. Congrats on being one of them KL.

Reaction Score
Read the whole thread.

I flat out said I fully respect wanting to be the only QB in a class.

Either tell the truth or just keep quiet. Don't try to run a bunch of jive about being sick keeping someone from signing a letter. Especially when that someone was granting interviews asking for offers.

Changed your mind? Fine. Want more time? Fine. But don't try to pretend you got burned by the Taylor signing after yapping all week about being on the fence.

Has the situation changed and you need more time to explore other options? Knock yourself out - just don't try to pretend it's something else. And don't whine when the world moves on without waiting.
He was not begging or asking for other offers and if he was he certainly hurt his opportunity by saying he was still committed to UCONN, and he is sick. Coach P told us this was a dead period so there was no urgency until he could talk to the staff or fly out there. You want to make something out of nothing and the problem I have is that the program got some great kids and everything they wanted. My goodness, the only complaint most have is the tie coach P wore. You need to quit accusing a kid of lying and be happy. There is nothing anyone can do to harm Richard, I am not getting involved yet, and no self respecting coach or recruiter would read an anonymous board.

Reaction Score
So that explains the 60k dollar 1/4 ton pickup. It is nice to see honest people out here who what to do the right thing. Congrats on being one of them KL.
I wish it had been 60 :). But they all went through a lot and as a senior leading his team he was having to beg for rides to practices and school. that was one of the more humiliating things for me, he never said a word. It was a long and tough fight and it was made tougher with the cancer and having to be quiet.....no posting on boards :)

I appreciate

Reaction Score
Mr Lagow

Lets get back to the tailgating talk. Tell us about Texas foodstuff and drink stuff that we could expect to see on the road at a uconn /smu game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He was not begging or asking for other offers and if he was he certainly hurt his opportunity by saying he was still committed to UCONN, and he is sick. Coach P told us this was a dead period so there was no urgency until he could talk to the staff or fly out there. You want to make something out of nothing and the problem I have is that the program got some great kids and everything they wanted. My goodness, the only complaint most have is the tie coach P wore. You need to quit accusing a kid of lying and be happy. There is nothing anyone can do to harm Richard, I am not getting involved yet, and no self respecting coach or recruiter would read an anonymous board.

I guess this is a misquote from yesterday's interview. He's not asking for other offers. Do you seriously believe what you post?

“I’m not sure exactly where I’ll be signing,” Lagow said. “I’m not sure when it will be. I’m not saying I won’t be signing with UCONN but I’m looking at all options. Anybody that wants to talk to me and wants to recruit me, I’ll be open to them and listen to what they have to say.”

pj

Reaction Score
My goodness, the only complaint most have is the tie coach P wore.

We have to complain about something. And the tie was the wrong color. We have been seeking to ban Red Solo Cups from the stadium, and PP wears a red tie?!?! Does he not read the Boneyard? Does he not know his job responsibilities?

Reaction Score

Leaving aside the fact that Whaler cannot engage in any conversation without being an balloon knot, I think some of us did take exception to the implication in many of your posts that Pasqualoni and the staff were not up front and honest with your son. Regardless of whether a good portion of us may despise P with the white hot passion of 1,000 Suns and wanted him fired last year, there has never been an indication from anyone that he is anything less than 100% up front with high school players and coaches. The accusation you made, or at least implied (whether you meant to or not) contradicts not only your son's own words but everything that we know about the head coach and the way he conducts himself.

pj

Reaction Score
Leaving aside the fact that Whaler cannot engage in any conversation without being an balloon knot, I think some of us did take exception to the implication in many of your posts that Pasqualoni and the staff were not up front and honest with your son. Regardless of whether a good portion of us may despise P with the white hot passion of 1,000 Suns and wanted him fired last year, there has never been an indication from anyone that he is anything less than 100% up front with high school players and coaches. The accusation you made, or at least implied (whether you meant to or not) contradicts not only your son's own words but everything that we know about the head coach and the way he conducts himself.

There's nothing less worthwhile than arguing on the Internet about the nature of conversations that we were not privy to and have no direct knowledge of.

Reaction Score
Mr Lagow

Lets get back to the tailgating talk. Tell us about Texas foodstuff and drink stuff that we could expect to see on the road at a uconn /smu game.
SMU people do not tailgate, they have someone cater a dinner :)
But I promise that I will have a tailgate party at my place with tritip and we will get a driver so you can drink all you want. It is 20 minutes to SMU so that will give us enough time to practice walking a straight line till we get through the gate. Did you know that at LSU they brew their own beer and then sell it at the games? 80,000 cajuns and selling beer to them :) I don't know if we can match that, but we can give it a shot.

But this is a line for the recruits and one thing does ring true in all the posts, too much has been made about Richard and not enough about the great group,of kids coming in. I was very impressed with the number of recruits that tweeted Richard offering support yesterday afternoon and through the night. Every Wednesday my wife and I leave the kids behind and go have a date night and I made Richard come because he was so distraught and he was getting tweets from the recruits. And yes, he was still running a fever but I made him come anyway because he was feeling better. Sorry, I know that will get jumped on :)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well that was entertaining...I have to leave the board for a little while and get some actual work done...so I can get paid...so I can buy my season tickets...here's to another 41 pages of entertainment come about 3:30 this afternoon...SALUT!!!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Brisket is brisket. There is a place where I grew up and played high school football and it is famous for the brisket. So one day I was tired of ruining the meat so I called and asked him how to cook my brisket like his. He laughed a minute then told me how to do it and at the end told me to quit buying brisket. Tritip. That is the meat he uses. And it is great if you do it right. Around here you have to go to a butcher shop to get it.

I've been asking since the day he verballed and never got an answer......what is your family's connection to Richard Lagow Elementary School in Dallas? A famous relative?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Define "leaving aside." Just saying ....

I'll just send my thoughts to excaliber and he can post them in such fashion that doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities.

While what you say may be true Biz - I don't know if you should be the one throwing stones ;).

Reaction Score
SMU people do not tailgate, they have someone cater a dinner :)
But I promise that I will have a tailgate party at my place with tritip and we will get a driver so you can drink all you want. It is 20 minutes to SMU so that will give us enough time to practice walking a straight line till we get through the gate. Did you know that at LSU they brew their own beer and then sell it at the games? 80,000 cajuns and selling beer to them :) I don't know if we can match that, but we can give it a shot.

But this is a line for the recruits and one thing does ring true in all the posts, too much has been made about Richard and not enough about the great group,of kids coming in. I was very impressed with the number of recruits that tweeted Richard offering support yesterday afternoon and through the night. Every Wednesday my wife and I leave the kids behind and go have a date night and I made Richard come because he was so distraught and he was getting tweets from the recruits. And yes, he was still running a fever but I made him come anyway because he was feeling better. Sorry, I know that will get jumped on :)

Im done jumping on anything. I want Richard here, now. Would he just hurry up?!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's nothing less worthwhile than arguing on the Internet about the nature of conversations that we were not privy to and have no direct knowledge of.

That sounds like a good case to delete the CR board then....

Reaction Score
I'll just send my thoughts to excaliber and he can post them in such fashion that doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities.

While what you say may be true Biz - I don't know if you should be the one throwing stones ;).

I think I'm pretty direct when I'm taking a shot at someone. Here, I'm just noting the irony of saying you don't want to take a shot at someone while doing so.

Reaction Score
Do you let them read "To his coy mistress". Loved that one.

Ah, not my era, can only remember it as an undergrad. But the contemporary stuff is more risque, as you might imagine.

Reaction Score
Never did I suggest that the current coaches were not upfront. It is not their responsibility to keep us up to date on their decision process. There were things said that led to Richard to committing early, but not by people on the staff. Hell, I told him how his sister was one of the top 50 players in the nation and committed very early in order to help recruit other players so I burden some of the responsibility also. It was my input and it was sound right up until it was not. Hey, the great QB they got looked everywhere else and then fell back to Uconn. He fell into a great school and program, but it was not his first, second, or third choice and everyone knew that but at the end he landed in a great place for him and the school but rightfully nobody attacked him for not wanting to be at Uconn as a first choice. Richard wanted to be there, never took another visit or even a call, and people have damned him for not signing even while he is sick. His coach had a daughter in the hospital for this stuff that is going around. Sick is sick.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I've been asking since the day he verballed and never got an answer......what is your family's connection to Richard Lagow Elementary School in Dallas? A famous relative?
He answered this on another thread. Something about it being it being a Great Great...Great Grandfather of his...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom