Official NLI thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kyle,
I know there has been a bunch of back and forth here. I think one thing that should be pretty clear is we fans want RL to come to CT. Whether we agree/disagree with how RLs signing process went down the truth in the matter is that if we had no interest in RL then no one would give a flying fawk what RL did/does. Emotions, on your part and ours, are high because you want what's best for your son and we want what's best for UConn. And that means that we get the best possible recruits up here to Storrs even if it creates a position battle and leaves one kids hopes of playing crushed.

I was talking to a friend about this because college athletics really puts people in a weird predicament. I am not an alumni of UConn, but I spend a ton of money to see those kids play. And when we have consecutive non winning seasons I begin to get pissed. But then I have to remind myself that they are kids and need our support.

Again, if RL was a wàlkon water bottle holder no one would give a and you could come on here and most likely never get a response from anyone. But people want RL here. That's something you are certainly able to appreciate.

-Bill

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what minidarren's problem is. I thought I complained but this guy insults and complains about EVERYTHING. Its best to ignore him.

Obviously with a post count <600 I complain about everything. I said days ago what others were thinking. Ask noemyex.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I will admit that he should, or I should have sent a message on this board that he was sick. We were told in our house by the head coach that this is a completely dead period until tomorrow and we honestly were frustrated all day at not being able to talk to anyone. I appreciate your support for Richard but the big story should be the great class the coaches put together. It is very good and Richard has grown to know some of them and the school has a great opportunity. It is damn good!

You could have, and should have made the exact statement I posted above, publicly, that took me all of 30 seconds to write. It would not have violated any communcation rules, woud have made everything known, and really would have helped you a ton in entertaining new offers,while maintaing good faith with UCONN.

Being sick with the flu is completely irrelevant to what's happened.

You either chose a very poor course of action on your own, or were given very poor advice.

I really wish you would stop writing around here, it's in the player's best interest. Really.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He did not cannon ball anything. He still holds the cards and can sign anytime he wants and after what I have read here I am less than enthusiastic but he does not read the blind assumptions you have been spouting, and I would not tell him and hurt him that way, so he is still committed at Uconn.
Keep in mind the fans that post most vociferously and most often on places like the Boneyard are likely ones with, shall we say, impoverished professional / social lives. Supposedly some of us have real jobs, myself included, but you'd never know it from this thread (or the conference realignment board)! For every boneyarder who is willing to throw grenades at a recruit's family there are a hundred who will welcome you to their tailgate and will wish Richard well even if he doesn't sign with UConn, and a thousand more UConn fans who don't post on the boneyard but will be at Rentschler cheering for whoever puts on the blue and white.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that the powers that be lock up this thread and make it go away.

For one reason only, this guy, whoever he is, or she - manti te'o..........and I've been consistent all along that I don't trust who it is, has really put a stain on the 2013 class for fans.

I can't believe how incredibly reckless the person has been with the kids future. He's been warned, multiple times, by multiple people, since day 1 that people are watching. All kinds of people reading and watching this site.

It would not surprise me in the least, if in the future, this kid automatically has some flags go up, when his name comes up. UCONN has committed to accept this player on scholarship, and now it's a waiting game. And a game it has most definitely become, and recruiters don't like games like this.

Good advice? A good way to handle things?

Make a statement. "X player has reviewed his position, and with the late arrival of a new player on the roster at his position, in his class, who we feel may be competitor down the road for playing time, we have decided to postpone signing a national letter of intent as we as a family explore the options available moving forward. THis is a major decision in our lives and we want to make sure we are confident that what we are doing is best."

Instead, you get the sick day horsesh)t as an excuse for not signing and postponing. And you've got a person on this website for a week, stirring up a friggng hornets nest, and talking about how the kid doesn't need a scholarship. A slap in the face to the university, and the recruiters, whether you all believe it or not. And this guy says the kid might still sign on? You can bet your ass, that there's going to be some serious heart to heart discussion about that if it comes to it.

Bush league, and it will stick, unfortunately for the kid. I don't think the guy has any idea how many people read this website.

Incredibly, Incredibly, Incredibly dumb to repeatedly write that the kid doesn't need a scholarship when he's being recruited to play divison 1 football.

I'm just ticked off now. THis has put a stain on the 2013 class for fans and it needs to end now.

All of us were cordial, and friendly, and gave guidance and tried to be helpful and warn this person. I entertained the guy, and tried to keep him off talking about it. Hell I shared my SMU florida story, that is near and dear to me.

The lagow's 15 minutes is over, I think. Incredible.

THe 2013 class, has several years to prove themselves, and I can't wait to see them take the field.
He will be home again today, sick.

Saying he does not need a scholarship is not an insult, that was always made clear to the staff and even suggested to his recruiter as a means of opening up more linemen slots.

I do agree with your suggested statement but it would only be after he sent me a text message from upstairs that a second QB had been signed and you have to remember that we had been told this was a dead period with no contact allowed until tomorrow.

As I said in another post, he is still running a fever and hanging around the house again today. It is a lot of fun. But it is not a game.

It would not surprise me if he was in Storrs Friday or over the weekend if the coaches want him. If so, he will sign at the campus.

I do not need 15 minutes, I have had much more than 15 and wanted it stopped at around 5. And it has nothing to do with this but if you did a little bit of research you would discover that I do not hide, lie, or care what others think.

And the focus should be that the program gained solid footing and has a great class coming in. My son has been in contact with some of the players and grown to be part of the group and several were tweeting him in the afternoon and supporting him, they are good kids and I don't think you can ruin their moment with this board because nobody would let a player read this type board. I have played, have two D1 athletes, my daughter dated Jarrett Lee, and no coach or parent would allow an athlete to read this.

The class is a great class, there is a good QB in place, things are very good at Storrs

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I dont need to ask others for approval. I took down that post you replied to (obvoiusly not in time) to avoid a bitching match. Its not worth it... this is suppose to be a happy time with new recruits, the future of uconn football and spring practice not too far off.
You know this thread has gone into the twilight zone when fortebleedsblue is the voice of reason!

Reaction Score
He will be home again today, sick.

Saying he does not need a scholarship is not an insult, that was always made clear to the staff and even suggested to his recruiter as a means of opening up more linemen slots.

I do agree with your suggested statement but it would only be after he sent me a text message from upstairs that a second QB had been signed and you have to remember that we had been told this was a dead period with no contact allowed until tomorrow.

As I said in another post, he is still running a fever and hanging around the house again today. It is a lot of fun. But it is not a game.

It would not surprise me if he was in Storrs Friday or over the weekend if the coaches want him. If so, he will sign at the campus.

I do not need 15 minutes, I have had much more than 15 and wanted it stopped at around 5. And it has nothing to do with this but if you did a little bit of research you would discover that I do not hide, lie, or care what others think.

And the focus should be that the program gained solid footing and has a great class coming in. My son has been in contact with some of the players and grown to be part of the group and several were tweeting him in the afternoon and supporting him, they are good kids and I don't think you can ruin their moment with this board because nobody would let a player read this type board. I have played, have two D1 athletes, my daughter dated Jarrett Lee, and no coach or parent would allow an athlete to read this.

The class is a great class, there is a good QB in place, things are very good at Storrs

Mr Lagow, this is my first direct post to you, I feel extremely bad for your son, I don't know the details, all I can say is that if there is a chance that he can come to uconn, I hope he makes it down here. If not, I wish him nothing but success on and off the field. He is talented and I hope he gets to the next level. I wish him and your family well.

Reaction Score
He did not cannon ball anything. He still holds the cards and can sign anytime he wants and after what I have read here I am less than enthusiastic but he does not read the blind assumptions you have been spouting, and I would not tell him and hurt him that way, so he is still committed at Uconn.

Wonderful news to hear. Ignore the constant b*tching/etc that goes on here. We will welcome Richard and your family with open arms. Hope he is feeling better and look forward to seeing your entire family in Husky blue and white tomorrow during his ceremony (assuming we in CT still have power tomorrow due to the impending storm).

Reaction Score
Mr Lagow, this is my first direct post to you, I feel extremely bad for your son, I don't know the details, all I can say is that if there is a chance that he can come to uconn, I hope he makes it down here. If not, I wish him nothing but success on and off the field. He is talented and I hope he gets to the next level. I wish him and your family well.

Technically you 'hope he makes it UP here.' Texas is down south, we here in CT are up north. Pet peeve of mine - carry on.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind the fans that post most vociferously and most often on places like the Boneyard are likely ones with, shall we say, impoverished professional / social lives. Supposedly some of us have real jobs, myself included, but you'd never know it from this thread (or the conference realignment board)! For every boneyarder who is willing to throw grenades at a recruit's family there are a hundred who will welcome you to their tailgate and will wish Richard well even if he doesn't sign with UConn, and a thousand more UConn fans who don't post on the boneyard but will be at Rentschler cheering for whoever puts on the blue and white.
You do realize that if I ever get invited to a tailgate party I will need a food taster to make sure it is not poisoned? :) i know you are right and I honestly thought the bantering was good fun....until it crossed the line of attacking Richard. He is not up yet, but my guess is he is still 18 and I have stayed out of this with him because if you are going to grow you need to take the steps. This process is a good learning opportunity. He does now feel lied to, but not by any current coaches and with this being a dead period we were told there can not be any contact until tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I'm calling Manti Te'O on all of this.

The guy is playing games, and it irks me. If player X is going to play at UCONN, and compete at the QB position, it looks like hes got 19 days to get on scholarship, or he's going the Johnny McEntee route.

Johnny didn't have to play games though, he just wanted to play for UCONN, and didn't need the scholarship.

Please. Everyone, stop entertaining this guy.

I promise, on things that mean a whole lot to me, that I"m not responding to him again.

Reaction Score
I have to question the loyalty to UConn of people who would get into a verbal argument with a recruit's family. Nobody is asking you to suck up to anybody, but what do you possibly have to gain by getting into altercations like this? How, exactly, does this help UConn?

Pasqualoni and the coaching staff don't need your defense. What they need is for you to shut your mouth and let it go.

Unfortunately this is an Internet message board and the likelihood of that is about the same as HfD waking up, finding AA, and becoming a BC fan.

Reaction Score
Wonderful news to hear. Ignore the constant b*tching/etc that goes on here. We will welcome Richard and your family with open arms. Hope he is feeling better and look forward to seeing your entire family in Husky blue and white tomorrow during his ceremony (assuming we in CT still have power tomorrow due to the impending storm).
Thank you. It is unfortunate that I do not work. After engaging here for the last day or so I am considering a WallMart greeter position. Not sure I could stand as long as those people do. Need to go get some really soft sole shoes and start practicing. :)

Again, thank you and you should all be proud of the incoming class. And always remember that the players move on, it is about the school quality. And the incoming class would not skip a beat without Richard.

pj

Reaction Score
Carl, you may as well take your own advice and be silent. There's no reason to guess how things are or how they will play out, it is really between the player, his family, and the coaches now. Hopefully we will hear good news tomorrow, but however it shakes out, we can and should confine ourselves to wishing all parties the best.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's much much more likely that this is in fact Richards father and not some random Internet goon with nothing better to do than troll the Boneyard.

For better, for worse- no one is perfect. You do the best you can with the information on hand, and thats not easy. Time for folks to get off all their high horses. This thread has definitely brought out the worst in a lot of BYers.

Reaction Score
I'm calling Manti Te'O on all of this.

The guy is playing games, and it irks me. If player X is going to play at UCONN, and compete at the QB position, it looks like hes got 19 days to get on scholarship, or he's going the Johnny McEntee route.

Johnny didn't have to play games though, he just wanted to play for UCONN, and didn't need the scholarship.

Please. Everyone, stop entertaining this guy.

I promise, on things that mean a whole lot to me, that I"m not responding to him again.
Well, my world can resume. And has been revealing if not entertaining.

Reaction Score
JC: clearly, quite frankly, terrific terrific
RE: ...and things...
PP: 'kay, y'know, 'kay, 'yknow?

PP on TIC last night with Kevin Nathan: "Kevin, one of the critical components of a wide receiver, y'know, is the ability to catch the ball....."

Reaction Score
It's much much more likely that this is in fact Richards father and not some random Internet goon with nothing better to do than troll the Boneyard.

For better, for worse- no one is perfect. You do the best you can with the information on hand, and thats not easy. Time for folks to get off all their high horses. This thread has definitely brought out the worst in a lot of BYers.
Mike: thank you. I am easy enough to find and verify on the internet. I do not mind the bantering, just not towards the players. If the dead period ends and Richard signs with Uconn nobody will ever know what was told to him when he committed. If he does not sign with Uconn nobody will ever know. This is a good class, the coaches are capable, and that is where the focus should be. I am just glad that this board is not part of player mainstream reading. They are told to stay away from anonymous boards, at least they were at LSU and I assume everywhere. Folks do not yet realize how good a class Uconn just got and how good the kids are as people and students

Reaction Score
You do realize that if I ever get invited to a tailgate party I will need a food taster to make sure it is not poisoned? :) i know you are right and I honestly thought the bantering was good fun....until it crossed the line of attacking Richard. He is not up yet, but my guess is he is still 18 and I have stayed out of this with him because if you are going to grow you need to take the steps. This process is a good learning opportunity. He does now feel lied to, but not by any current coaches and with this being a dead period we were told there can not be any contact until tomorrow.

My brisket may not be up to your TX standards but you're welcome to it.

Reaction Score
Mike: thank you. I am easy enough to find and verify on the internet. I do not mind the bantering, just not towards the players. If the dead period ends and Richard signs with Uconn nobody will ever know what was told to him when he committed. If he does not sign with Uconn nobody will ever know. This is a good class, the coaches are capable, and that is where the focus should be. I am just glad that this board is not part of player mainstream reading. They are told to stay away from anonymous boards, at least they were at LSU and I assume everywhere. Folks do not yet realize how good a class Uconn just got and how good the kids are as people and students

Yes I do - and I hope it gets one better.

Reaction Score
My brisket may not be up to your TX standards but you're welcome to it.
Brisket is brisket. There is a place where I grew up and played high school football and it is famous for the brisket. So one day I was tired of ruining the meat so I called and asked him how to cook my brisket like his. He laughed a minute then told me how to do it and at the end told me to quit buying brisket. Tritip. That is the meat he uses. And it is great if you do it right. Around here you have to go to a butcher shop to get it.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Well you did come up on the internets. You're right that you don't have to work and that Richard can pay his own way. Now I understand how you could fly him up every weekend until he is permanently on campus.

I think you are who you say you are. Like I said before I hope Richard comes to UConn.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Well you did come up on the internets. You're right that you don't have to work and that Richard can pay his own way. Now I understand how you could fly him up every weekend until he is permanently on campus.

I think you are who you say you are. Like I said before I hope Richard comes to UConn.

Reaction Score
You could have, and should have made the exact statement I posted above, publicly, that took me all of 30 seconds to write. It would not have violated any communcation rules, woud have made everything known, and really would have helped you a ton in entertaining new offers,while maintaing good faith with UCONN.

Being sick with the flu is completely irrelevant to what's happened.

You either chose a very poor course of action on your own, or were given very poor advice.

I really wish you would stop writing around here, it's in the player's best interest. Really.
What you are missing is that I am not the player and have the luxury of being able to let him make his own decisions. You also are not an NCAA expert and we were told very plainly by coach P that it was a complete dead period until tomorrow. Also, it is easy to make a "press" release after the fact. He notified his current coach, did not violate any NCAA rules, is sick again today with a continued fever, has now told three news reporters that he has not de-commited from Uconn, and for an 18 year old he is doing fine. He is definately on the fence ready to jump but he will not be able to talk to the coaches until tomorrow and frankly it does not now matter because this is a good class and that is not going to change. Man, look at the group of kids, they are very good and a lot of local kids. Some of those same kids were tweeting Richard all yesterday afternoon and expressing support. That alone should tell you what kind of kids you have coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom