Official NLI thread | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think the entire fan base has been catfished.

Unfortunately there is no chance of that. Today feels like a bad dream on what was supposed to be a special day.

Great class though, gotta give PP and company credit.

Reaction Score
Seriously, though, you know how much I was hoping we would land Chasz Wright to go along with Schafenacker and Hopkins in our recruiting conversations. I'm really glad that we landed him too. I always feel like three solid OL's every recruiting year will lead to good things, and less than that will lead to "less-than-good" things. Remember the three star product out of Chicago, McKee? High hopes for that kid, and then the disgusting story that led to his getting kicked out. Also, when we lost Joe Akers at center due to the neck injuries and Jimmy Bennett was snake-bitten for the longest time (although I heard today he got approved for the sixth year!). To me, OL health and depth is always the key to a successful team...

Talk about a feel good post going right in the toilet. Thanks for nuttin. :confused:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Sometimes you think you should post but in reality you shouldn't.

Folks give it a rest. I hope Richard Lagow ends up at UConn as much as anyone but that decision is up to him and his family and we should respect that. Give it a rest.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Talk about a feel good post going right in the toilet. Thanks for nuttin. :confused:

I should have finished the post off with "...BUT....now we have three studs coming in at OL and Jimmy's coming back for another year!!!" The ending to my post definitely left something to be desired...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Every now and again, I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to the day the Boneyard started...and not start it. Today was one of those days.

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would think it's a good idea to insult a recruit's family. Don't duck*ing do that.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Every now and again, I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to the day the Boneyard started...and not start it. Today was one of those days.

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would think it's a good idea to insult a recruit's family. Don't duck*ing do that.

As Forest said... Stupid is as stupid does. No statement ever fit here better than that one.

Reaction Score

Coming from a group that includes an imbecile who offers up deals to the parent of a recruit for his commitment, we shouldn't be surprised.

To the "proud" few combatants today,

For a group who insists they want to be "Big Time Football", the last 24-48 hours presented us with events very common amongst the perennial powers. Highly sought after recruits flip commitments, play games through the media/twitter, go silent and a long list of other actions. Nobody says you have to condone those actions. But it also isn't your place to reprimand a family member for your own personal feelings in the throes of signing day. The kid hadn't even de-committed or signed with another school, he just went silent for all intents and purposes. These are 18 year old kids making the first real decisions in their lives and they are often surrounded by less-than-ideal influences. This will happen again.

How very "small time" many acted today. You don't have to "like" this post, but if you want ALL of what comes along with the next level of college football, get used to what happened today. You lost sight of our finest recruiting class to date and the excitement those 24 young men and their families felt. You had an opportunity to share in that excitement as the program moves forward. You chose not to. Hopefully at our next opportunity we act like a real program's fanbase.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I spent the majority of National Signing Day on a plane home from Asia. Can't believe I missed all the drama! I have to admit that after reading through all the posts I can see both sides of the Richard Lagow drama. I've been the kids biggest fan since he verballed and truly hope he finds his way to Storrs. What I don't understand is all of the confusion. Am I wrong that a few weeks ago he himself tweeted that another QB recruit in this class "would change things"? So, Boyle comes in and suddenly Richard is looking at his options? I've got no reason not to believe that the young man was sick yesterday but I'm hard pressed not to think that a big part of why we don't have his signed LOI is because he's in some way disappointed we brought in another highly thought of QB. I guess my question for Mr. Lagow would be, if Richard is not afraid of the competition, what has changed? I'm having a tough time grasping the idea that Richard woke up from a nap and felt deceived when he saw we signed the kid from Atlanta. My only reason being that tweet I mentioned above about "things changing" if we brought in any other kid at the position. If he called his HS coach Tuesday night to say he was sick, he could have easily made a statement saying he'd sign his University of Connecticut LOI as soon as he was back on his feet. Seems pretty simple, no?

Other than that, I agree that the soap opera this topic became probably took away from the 22 young men who joined our family yesterday and the 2 that have been on campus for several weeks. I find that a little sad as I think those kids are the ones who deserve the majority of our attention. Those who are "committed" are the ones who I'll spend my time worrying about at this point.

Reaction Score
Mr. Lagow, I really hope you can look above this bull**** thread and look at the broader picture.
Look above it? He is 50% responsible for taking it where it is. Now I'm going to step back and continue to watch this dumpster fire of a thread burn.

Reaction Score
Look above it? He is 50% responsible for taking it where it is. Now I'm going to step back and continue to watch this dumpster fire of a thread burn.

Still maintain that the idiotic people on here that are negatively speaking to our prized QB recruits father, are just that, idiots. Richard got sick, has worked harder than most of you here to get to this point in his life and wants to have the same special signing day moment as every other high school player that put pen to paper and sealed up their word last night. The 2nd QB from Atlanta is not a QB, he's an athlete. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax.

Reaction Score
Still maintain that the idiotic people on here that are negatively speaking to our prized QB recruits father, are just that, idiots. Richard got sick, has worked harder than most of you here to get to this point in his life and wants to have the same special signing day moment as every other high school player that put pen to paper and sealed up their word last night. The 2nd QB from Atlanta is not a QB, he's an athlete. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax.

How the hell do you know what people here have done in their lives. STFU

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

You would think a post like that would never be necessary.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

And i would still maintain that anyone who can read can't be this stupid but here you are reading and writing.

Reaction Score
While I don't think it requires a rant, I do think HFD is right about sporting the colors.

Back in the early days of 241, remember the kid who was a great fan but wore argyle sweaters to ALL of the games while imploring the section to get up and cheer?

Represent. Plain and simple.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that the powers that be lock up this thread and make it go away.

For one reason only, this guy, whoever he is, or she - manti te'o..........and I've been consistent all along that I don't trust who it is, has really put a stain on the 2013 class for fans.

I can't believe how incredibly reckless the person has been with the kids future. He's been warned, multiple times, by multiple people, since day 1 that people are watching. All kinds of people reading and watching this site.

It would not surprise me in the least, if in the future, this kid automatically has some flags go up, when his name comes up. UCONN has committed to accept this player on scholarship, and now it's a waiting game. And a game it has most definitely become, and recruiters don't like games like this.

Good advice? A good way to handle things?

Make a statement. "X player has reviewed his position, and with the late arrival of a new player on the roster at his position, in his class, who we feel may be competitor down the road for playing time, we have decided to postpone signing a national letter of intent as we as a family explore the options available moving forward. THis is a major decision in our lives and we want to make sure we are confident that what we are doing is best."

Instead, you get the sick day horsesh)t as an excuse for not signing and postponing. And you've got a person on this website for a week, stirring up a friggng hornets nest, and talking about how the kid doesn't need a scholarship. A slap in the face to the university, and the recruiters, whether you all believe it or not. And this guy says the kid might still sign on? You can bet your ass, that there's going to be some serious heart to heart discussion about that if it comes to it.

Bush league, and it will stick, unfortunately for the kid. I don't think the guy has any idea how many people read this website.

Incredibly, Incredibly, Incredibly dumb to repeatedly write that the kid doesn't need a scholarship when he's being recruited to play divison 1 football.

I'm just ticked off now. THis has put a stain on the 2013 class for fans and it needs to end now.

All of us were cordial, and friendly, and gave guidance and tried to be helpful and warn this person. I entertained the guy, and tried to keep him off talking about it. Hell I shared my SMU florida story, that is near and dear to me.

The lagow's 15 minutes is over, I think. Incredible.

THe 2013 class, has several years to prove themselves, and I can't wait to see them take the field.

Reaction Score
UConn went on without him because he didn't send in the damn LOI. What is so hard to understand? If he was a yes until this morning, which is what you just said, then why did he not sign the letter and get it in. You know what, we all want the party. We all want to be in the lime light. But he cannon balled his opportunity to go to UConn essentially because he wanted to be able to sign at school in front of friends and family. How can you allow 15 minutes of joy and celebration effect the long term.

UConn had to protect their interests. How could they wait until Friday to possibly find out that RL wasn't coming. Now maybe they are only left with 1 QB. The entire situation is mind boggling.

Either the kid was all UConn this AM and forgone the singing at school and just faxed his in. Or he was on the fence this morning and decided to weigh his options.

I don't care what Richard wants to do. It is his life and I understand that he needs to make the best decision for himself. I want him at UConn because I saw how much he really seemed to be all in. But my lord. Can we please keep the story straight!

He did not cannon ball anything. He still holds the cards and can sign anytime he wants and after what I have read here I am less than enthusiastic but he does not read the blind assumptions you have been spouting, and I would not tell him and hurt him that way, so he is still committed at Uconn.

Reaction Score
They dragged me off to the hospital a couple of weeks ago and the last words I remember from my wife was "when can we get started on the taxes?".

Good nite all. MRI tomorrow wish me luck.
LOL. She was afraid she would be stuck doing the taxes. I have had an MRI or two, be still and hope all is well.

Reaction Score
How can one be committed but exploring other options? It reminds me of a guy and his date. As they are driving to the movies the date asks the guy if they can pick someone up. The date explains that she has another date as well. You start to think about the weirdness of the evening as again your date asks you to pick up yet again another person.

It has to be known in college athletics that there will be multiple players at each position. But schools rely on a players word to sign that piece of paper on signing day. And when that player doesn't sign, the school moves on to plan B, C and D.

If the school doesn't then it effects a community

Reaction Score
It perception. Not an assumption.

Reaction Score
I spent the majority of National Signing Day on a plane home from Asia. Can't believe I missed all the drama! I have to admit that after reading through all the posts I can see both sides of the Richard Lagow drama. I've been the kids biggest fan since he verballed and truly hope he finds his way to Storrs. What I don't understand is all of the confusion. Am I wrong that a few weeks ago he himself tweeted that another QB recruit in this class "would change things"? So, Boyle comes in and suddenly Richard is looking at his options? I've got no reason not to believe that the young man was sick yesterday but I'm hard pressed not to think that a big part of why we don't have his signed LOI is because he's in some way disappointed we brought in another highly thought of QB. I guess my question for Mr. Lagow would be, if Richard is not afraid of the competition, what has changed? I'm having a tough time grasping the idea that Richard woke up from a nap and felt deceived when he saw we signed the kid from Atlanta. My only reason being that tweet I mentioned above about "things changing" if we brought in any other kid at the position. If he called his HS coach Tuesday night to say he was sick, he could have easily made a statement saying he'd sign his University of Connecticut LOI as soon as he was back on his feet. Seems pretty simple, no?

Other than that, I agree that the soap opera this topic became probably took away from the 22 young men who joined our family yesterday and the 2 that have been on campus for several weeks. I find that a little sad as I think those kids are the ones who deserve the majority of our attention. Those who are "committed" are the ones who I'll spend my time worrying about at this point.
I will admit that he should, or I should have sent a message on this board that he was sick. We were told in our house by the head coach that this is a completely dead period until tomorrow and we honestly were frustrated all day at not being able to talk to anyone. I appreciate your support for Richard but the big story should be the great class the coaches put together. It is very good and Richard has grown to know some of them and the school has a great opportunity. It is damn good!

Reaction Score
How can one be committed but exploring other options? It reminds me of a guy and his date. As they are driving to the movies the date asks the guy if they can pick someone up. The date explains that she has another date as well. You start to think about the weirdness of the evening as again your date asks you to pick up yet again another person.

It has to be known in college athletics that there will be multiple players at each position. But schools rely on a players word to sign that piece of paper on signing day. And when that player doesn't sign, the school moves on to plan B, C and D.

If the school doesn't then it effects a community

I am committed to my current employer but exploring options. Same thing.

I could say something like I'm committed to my current wife....but I won't go there.

Mr. Lagow,

I hope Richard is feeling better today and that everyone, including some of the idiots on this board, can get over it and move on. Recruiting isn't easy and a curve ball can and will shake a kid. In the end, I know I'm with the majority in hoping your son does become a Husky. Last night you mentioned a quality education. That's where UConn will have a leg up on nearly every other college out there. That's one piece of the puzzle and coming in to compete is the other.

All the best, however this shakes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr