Official NLI thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please ignore whaler.

He fights with everyone. In face, throw him a couple Canadian two-nies & he will go fight on a Toronto Maple Leaf board for a couple hours. (former whalers) I just don't see the point of getting into it with a parent.

Where is Old Man Orlovsky when you need him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the best part about this thread is i just started drinking 1 minute ago. already bunged up as usual:confused:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
whaler11, what have you been drinking tonight? I got some River Horse "Triple Horse" Belgian-style ale. Good stuff.

I shouldn't be surprised that some of you guys don't stand up for the coaching staff - but I guess someday I'll learn.

Reaction Score
whaler, you make it too easy to let your good points get drowned.

huskydan - bravo.. bravo, bravo, bravo....your interjection of the blue tie / red tie discussion in the middle of this thing..... pure genius. Is it comic relief? Is it real? Pure genius.

It's a razor edge, the line between genius and insanity.

As for Lagow - holy mary. It's time to turn off your computer and go to bed, and I hope the kid knows what you've been up to, and approves.

The leeway period for the NLI, is for players that have actually signed a letter, and get cold feet.

An unsigned letter is worthless, at any given moment in time, and the NCAA mandated period is not applicable if the letter isn't signed. Worthless, especially when it's been expected to be signed, and delivered, and hasn't been.

It's the many, many odd things like this that have popped up over the last few days, that really just make me wonder, if Richard Lagow, has any idea what justwinbaby has been up to.

Sportsart asked a really great question.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler is not wrong here folks. He's being his usual d!ckhead self about this, but he's not wrong.

Thank you Jimmy. I have never claimed I'm not an ass*ole.

Reaction Score
It's a damn good question.
What dirty laundry? Before he did not sign there wasn't laundry. I have done nothing but act cordial, except for the bridge, and not said a word about any coaches. So what dirty laundry? He brought some down the stairs earlier for his mom to wash, but that is about it. He was and is sick, maybe that is it. He did a phone interview late in the day after determining Uconn had moved on without him, was he not supposed to? I guess that if a kid commits early, then sees he has been replaced, that he is supposed to not do a phone interview where he states he has NOT de-committed from Uconn and that he was sick and his high school coach reported his illness to the press here and trust me on this, the coaches here would not lie for any kid. They have 2500 or so in two grades, they do not need anyone. Believe what you want, at this point I hope the article opens fifty offers......oh wait, you can only take one. Maybe that is the agenda. The program got everything it wanted and needs the commitment back so it can sign another lineman or something. If that is the case you are going about this all wrong and need to start really talking Richard up so someone else will offer and you get that letter back. I know, you can talk him up as much as he talked up Uconn and the coaches.

Reaction Score
Richards twitter still says UConn bound and is adorned with the block C. I'll be optimistic for once in my life and say he is coming here. Even though I don't believe it.

And if he doesn't. Then whaler can go buck nutty and call everyone liars.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
WTF. This is about a ****ing commitment. Not criminal activity.

Reaction Score
Whaler11-if you are ever on a bridge in a moment of despair, take a little advice. Look for a taller bridge and jump.

I second, third and fourth this! I have no doubts that Richard will be signing on Friday. It's funny how on the first couple pages of this thread that many posters were raving about the entire families of these recruits being together and participating in the signing. Then, they get all bent out of shape because Richard postponed until Friday because he was sick and wanted to still have the ceremony that he's worked so hard to get to. Richard has pumped this programs every step of the way. Why should we expect a different answer come Friday?

To whaler-please leave.

To mr lagow-we look forward to seeing you in a UConn hat next to your son on Friday!

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I shouldn't be surprised that some of you guys don't stand up for the coaching staff - but I guess someday I'll learn.
I accept the hand of cards we've been dealt. It does seem to be getting better with GDL being booted from the OC position. I know better can be made out of what's in place but that takes patience.

Reaction Score
We know your right. One advantage of P (yeah he sucks at clock management and a host of other things) is that he has a real solid reputation of doing things the right way. HS coaches have raved about the dude. This one incident is not going to really affect the way P is viewed. It would be interesting to hear Rich's high school coach's take. It is clear UConn did nothing wrong here. They clearly didn't pull the kid's ship, because they landed a "higher ranked recruit". They simply went about their business of running their program. We ALL get it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I second, third and fourth this! I have no doubts that Richard will be signing on Friday. It's funny how on the first couple pages of this thread that many posters were raving about the entire families of these recruits being together and participating in the signing. Then, they get all bent out of shape because Richard postponed until Friday because he was sick and wanted to still have the ceremony that he's worked so hard to get to. Richard has pumped this programs every step of the way. Why should we expect a different answer come Friday?

To whaler-please leave.

To mr lagow-we look forward to seeing you in a UConn hat next to your son on Friday!

Christ there really is someone stupid enough to post this?

Reaction Score
To Mr. Lagow: There are a great many people on this board who were and still are excited about the prospect of your son playing football for UConn. Richard has been a great ambassador for the university up to this point, and I still believe that if he chooses UConn, he will be loved and accepted by the entire UConn family. Quite like our mascot, we are very loyal!
[/quote]

We will only love him if he's #2 on the depth chart. We love our backups. They are the best QB's in the nation.

Reaction Score
whaler, you make it too easy to let your good points get drowned.

huskydan - bravo.. bravo, bravo, bravo....your interjection of the blue tie / red tie discussion in the middle of this thing..... pure genius. Is it comic relief? Is it real? Pure genius.

It's a razor edge, the line between genius and insanity.

As for Lagow - holy mary. It's time to turn off your computer and go to bed, and I hope the kid knows what you've been up to, and approves.

The leeway period for the NLI, is for players that have actually signed a letter, and get cold feet.

An unsigned letter is worthless, at any given moment in time, and the NCAA mandated period is not applicable if the letter isn't signed. Worthless, especially when it's been expected to be signed, and delivered, and hasn't been.

It's the many, many odd things like this that have popped up over the last few days, that really just make me wonder, if Richard Lagow, has any idea what justwinbaby has been up to.

Sportsart asked a really great question.
I appreciate your response but after this board took fire today I personally spoke to the NCAA regulator head and was told that under no circumstance could a coach signed letter offering be retracted for 20 days. You can call them tomorrow if you want. You will need to get past the thirty minutes of hold time. It says on the document but with all the new love here I wanted to be sure.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Now what goes up, must come down (shiiett)
But we ain't postin down, it be them same ole' clowns
Aiming your pound pretending they proud
But when you leave town they go around they running they mouth (maaann)
They something like a hater man
Talking bad about HFD as if I'm not gon post ya back later man
You constantly frontin until you confronted on
If you don't like whats going on go on to another board
Cause I keep a hater guilty
My blue pride and Cut life all alike man, both them filthy (get it?)
From skimpy and empty to fuel on full
See I be high when with my Cargo cult
Obey no rules to school you fools
Schoolboy's err'y where, we're Young Dude news (maann)
Connecticut like Geno, Danny O and Jimmy C
And the Young Dude done tweeted young dudes' dues dude

Reaction Score
I appreciate your response but after this board took fire today I personally spoke to the NCAA regulator head and was told that under no circumstance could a coach signed letter offering be retracted for 20 days. You can call them tomorrow if you want. You will need to get past the thirty minutes of hold time. It says on the document but with all the new love here I wanted to be sure.

Is it 20 days from being offered? Or 20 days from signing day? Not being a wise ass. I really have no clue..

Reaction Score
What dirty laundry? Before he did not sign there wasn't laundry. I have done nothing but act cordial, except for the bridge, and not said a word about any coaches. So what dirty laundry? He brought some down the stairs earlier for his mom to wash, but that is about it. He was and is sick, maybe that is it. He did a phone interview late in the day after determining Uconn had moved on without him, was he not supposed to? I guess that if a kid commits early, then sees he has been replaced, that he is supposed to not do a phone interview where he states he has NOT de-committed from Uconn and that he was sick and his high school coach reported his illness to the press here and trust me on this, the coaches here would not lie for any kid. They have 2500 or so in two grades, they do not need anyone. Believe what you want, at this point I hope the article opens fifty offers......oh wait, you can only take one. Maybe that is the agenda. The program got everything it wanted and needs the commitment back so it can sign another lineman or something. If that is the case you are going about this all wrong and need to start really talking Richard up so someone else will offer and you get that letter back. I know, you can talk him up as much as he talked up Uconn and the coaches.
Mr. Lagow, I really hope you can look above this bull**** thread and look at the broader picture.

Reaction Score
I'm impressed that you continued to take personal shots and threaten violence instead of answering direct questions.

I do not represent the school, players or programs in any way. I have no desire to be around the team or players in any setting other than the bleachers during games.

And to be clear I'm not calling him a liar or questioning his integrity. I'm calling you a liar and questioning your integrity. I truly hope he overcomes the additional adversity you've created for him.
I did not threaten violence, just that I would not get along with a person of your character. And my integrity, whether you realize it or not, is beyond question and I have no reason to lie and would not.

Reaction Score

To whaler-please leave.

No way. Whaler is part of us. He is like the dude with no filter/turrets syndrome. He is going to blurt out exactly what's on his mind. You/me/anyone doesn't have to read/engage him.

Reaction Score

You can spin a story with the best of them. UConn did not move on without your son. You got cold feet. They did not replace him, they brought in an athlete.

If you were in touch with the coaches over the past week like most recruits families instead of trying to preach to the choir on here about Richard he would probably be a Husky today.

If you were to show Richard your antics on here today and he was ok with it...well that will not get a comment from me.

Stop acting like you are entitled because you are not. Notice I didn't say Richard but you. Your son has been a great ambassador for UConn. You have been an embarrassment to your son.

If Richard ends up with a less of an offer than UConn it will be because of your bad advice.

Trust me when I say the coaches saw everything you posted over the last few days. All schools watch forums like this to see if commits are wavering.

Please move on and stop looking for attention. You've already cast a dark cloud over the board. Regardless if people reacted poorly to you and made it worse you had no business being on here and posting like you did during such a sensitive time.

Reaction Score
Is it 20 days from being offered? Or 20 days from signing day? Not being a wise ass. I really have no clue..

It really is 20 days from signing date. I was as surprised as anyone when I read it and then I called to see if I was reading it correctly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I did not threaten violence, just that I would not get along with a person of your character. And my integrity, whether you realize it or not, is beyond question and I have no reason to lie and would not.

A man of your honor and integrity can answer a simple question I presume?

Since it was only you son's illness that has postponed his event, on Friday will his signed letter arrive in Storrs?

Keep in mind a simple yes followed by that letter allows you to make me look like the biggest a**hole in history so you get an extra bonus.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this htread is a dog treat and a half. love that we have so many uconn crazy fans no matter how left and right sided we are on things. did any of u guys see what ttech fans did today? they faxed tubs the menu of the steak house that he ditched mid dinner with those recruits when he left for cincy. a+ to those fans thats funny stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom