Official NLI thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Should I believe him or you?

“I’m not sure exactly where I’ll be signing,” Lagow said. “I’m not sure when it will be. I’m not saying I won’t be signing with UCONN but I’m looking at all options. Anybody that wants to talk to me and wants to recruit me, I’ll be open to them and listen to what they have to say.”

So did he not sign because he was sick? Or did he not sign because he is looking at his options?

Let Dan and Butch kiss your rear end. My agenda is that you aren't going to manipulate our less savvy fans by painting our staff in a negative light through your lies.

Dude, just get a grip, please!

First, this is the kid's father. If you don't understand that you aren't going to get an "unbiased, third-party look" from him, then you're not very bright.
Second, if you think anything you say in an argument with him helps UConn in any way, shape, or form, then you're REALLY not very bright.
Finally, if you think that my telling him that his son will be welcomed if he decides to come to UConn is "kissing his rear end," then I have overestimated your love for UConn.

IT'S THE KID'S FATHER! LET IT GO! YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY TO WIN EVERY F#$KING FIGHT YOU ENTER!!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So I left this board @ around 11 unfortunately because duty called. I have been back for the last hour catching up on what is most definitely the thread of the year.

Quick synopsis. For all the others who stepped away.

Some great early signings, some suprises in guys named Boland (the PA one not Bethesda) and a guy named Tivon Kivan Kivon Walker Taylor? Then a nice stop by from an all-knowing and obviously very caring father who has no idea what his son wants and doesn't know how to tell the rabid fanbase that wants his #bleedhuskyblue. This leads to inquisitions which leads to insults which leads apologies from some and conspiracy theories from others. Father then "takes a break to presumably take QB to the docs". Mean while HFD is MIA until he suddenly erupts into his daily "nitpicking", as they've been called rants. The AD this, the president that, Our old buffoon of a coach this.....Which he is probably right on about 75% of what he says but most people vehemently and angrily disagree because this is not the time nor the place........Its suppose to be a happy day.....A handful of pictures of random D1 coaches in ties and polos later and K. Lagow is back to rightfully defend his son. A first time poster, Steve, then daringly sticks up for the currently-loathed, until he provides us with earth shattering underground 2017 recruiting intel, HFD. More pictures, and more verbal jabs at both K. Lagow and HFD. Hijacking of thread talk, half naked girls dancing GIFs, people cursing, mass chaos and at the end we are still left wondering; will Richard Lagow, hopefully grace us with his presence next year and when he does what position will old "popcorn fart" Pasqualoni play Kivon at.

BTW my guess is we attempt to add weight and play him at strong safety ala Robert Sands, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman..

Its been fun and maddening catching up on this "thread of the year". Nobody can tell me that we don't have some of the most passionate fans in the country....We just need to grow and multiply our rabid base now!!!!!!

Thanks kcc !

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, you couldn't be more rude. Silence is golden. No one wants to hear your negative thoughts and suspicions.

And I kept them to myself until he decided to paint the staff in a negative light. Few have more complaints about the work P has done here, but I'm not going to allow someone to paint an incorrect portrait of what happened in a high profile situation that makes UConn look bad.

You are OK with it? I am not. No one is forcing you to read.

Reaction Score
Whaler high school yearbook pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360209135.684659.jpg

Reaction Score
At least I wouldn't be afraid to compete.

Sorry you can't keep your story straight.
First you would have had to have ever had the ability compete and then miraculously had a story, which is equally impossible. You prefer to bad mouth a kids actions, question his integrity, all quite anonymously. On the other hand I use my name, do not bad mouth a school or program, refuse to share any coaching conversations with you and it drives you nuts, and I do not conduct myself any differently here than in real life. I suspect that if we were to ever meet it would not end well and I have a real growing concern if someone like you represents or is allowed around the team and the players.

Reaction Score
First you would have had to have ever had the ability compete and then miraculously had a story, which is equally impossible. You prefer to bad mouth a kids actions, question his integrity, all quite anonymously. On the other hand I use my name, do not bad mouth a school or program, refuse to share any coaching conversations with you and it drives you nuts, and I do not conduct myself any differently here than in real life. I suspect that if we were to ever meet it would not end well and I have a real growing concern if someone like you represents or is allowed around the team and the players.
He's fine off here. Please, let it go. If we all meet at the stadium, I can guarantee you we'll all be having a good time.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
this thread is great. i vote it stays and i blow it up to 100 pages by next week. i plan to fight whaler on page 45 and on page 76 pj, dan97 and mike can talk me off the cliff

You think I would be able to stop you??? I can't stop you from losing it over the color of a tie! What the hell makes you think I could stop a fight between you and Whaler??? :p

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
i just want to let u know that i looked at your avitar and then it hit me thats nelly like the old school nelly and i just went in my head " yea". lol that is a great picture, where the heck did u find that?!?!!?!!? i would love nothing more then to find murphy lee in uconn gear 2!
Thanks man. Screen shot from dilemma video on YouTube.

I busted it out today on the mascot changing thread cause we need more famous people (from this decade) to wear our gear. Marketing should be air dropping gear to celebs coast to coast.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It took me less than 50. :D

Seriously, we all need to keep in mind this is a message board and most of us will act differently in person. We are generally respectful of each other off this forum. Maybe except HFD....

i am more evil then walmart and weed laws in your book. we get it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
this thread is great. i vote it stays and i blow it up to 100 pages by next week. i plan to fight whaler on page 45 and on page 76 pj, dan97 and mike can talk me off the cliff
Sometimes it's fun to let you see what's at the bottom of the cliff. ;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Thanks man. Screen shot from dilemma video on YouTube.

I busted it out today on the mascot changing thread cause we need more famous people (from this decade) to wear our gear. Marketing should be air dropping gear to celebs coast to coast.

i hope u appreciate this then

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I have a daughter in law school who is on the international law review who I need to get involved because obviously I can not communicate the issues and you seem to know when a kid is sick or not. As I said, take your best shot at me, but not a kid that missed his signing day. Hell, call the school and see of he was there today, and likely will not be there tomorrow. Good grief Butch was 10000% correct, I should not have tried. But what I am not ever going to do is share any conversations from the coach so there is no way you are ever going to be satisfied with my son's efforts towards your football program.

I went to law school and you are doing just fine. Unfortunately for all of us, the Boneyard's resident contrarian has decided to join the fray. It's sport for him. Don't allow your daughter to be distracted by this nonsense; allow her to focus on her studies.

As others have suggested, if Richard ultimately decides to deliver his signed NLI to Connecticut, then he's one of 2 pro set QB's in the class, set to compete for playing time as he will at any other FBS school he attends.

And not to beat a dead horse, but as many here, including yourself, have suggested, stepping away from this forum will probably serve the Lagow family well. No real upside to you all in engaging the inmates that inhabit this asylum...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You are. Remember carpet-bombing?

are you refering to my stance on the middle east, north korea and the city of boston?

Reaction Score
Has anyone told Mr Lagow that whaler is 6'5" and 286lbs?

Actually, we are all 6'5" and 286lbs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'm impressed that you continued to take personal shots and threaten violence instead of answering direct questions.

I do not represent the school, players or programs in any way. I have no desire to be around the team or players in any setting other than the bleachers during games.

And to be clear I'm not calling him a liar or questioning his integrity. I'm calling you a liar and questioning your integrity. I truly hope he overcomes the additional adversity you've created for him.

pj

Reaction Score
I have a real growing concern if someone like you represents or is allowed around the team and the players.

Rest assured, whaler is not allowed out of the asylum on game days. He does visit the stadium on occasional weekdays to denounce the empty seats.

Reaction Score
Kyle,
From one Kyle to another, Whaler11 isn't worth your time right now. He is grumpy and PO'd. He's got his mind set on certain things and if you keep chattering with him he is just going to piss you off and give you a negative stereotype of UCONN Fans. I know you probably have a great deal of frustration going on right now with whats happened but going toe to toe with Whaler is not solving anything. I'm sure you're telling Richard to clear his head and think things through and make the right decision for his future. Despite all that has gone down, I truly think he loves it up and will realize if he can swallow his pride that UCONN presents him with the best opportunity to achieve his goals. At this point the football program could definitely use that added bonus of one more impact player but if Richard chooses not to come than godspeed to him. I would try my hardest to exchange posts with the positive people on this board if you wish to remain viewing and chatting...........Plus it would do us all a HUGE FAVOR!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
He does visit the stadium on occasional weekdays to denounce the empty seats.

I'm still laughing picturing this happening!!! Fantastic!

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
whaler11, what have you been drinking tonight? I got some River Horse "Triple Horse" Belgian-style ale. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom