Official NLI thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So I left this board @ around 11 unfortunately because duty called. I have been back for the last hour catching up on what is most definitely the thread of the year.

Quick synopsis. For all the others who stepped away.

Some great early signings, some suprises in guys named Boland (the PA one not Bethesda) and a guy named Tivon Kivan Kivon Walker Taylor? Then a nice stop by from an all-knowing and obviously very caring father who has no idea what his son wants and doesn't know how to tell the rabid fanbase that wants his #bleedhuskyblue. This leads to inquisitions which leads to insults which leads apologies from some and conspiracy theories from others. Father then "takes a break to presumably take QB to the docs". Mean while HFD is MIA until he suddenly erupts into his daily "nitpicking", as they've been called rants. The AD this, the president that, Our old buffoon of a coach this.....Which he is probably right on about 75% of what he says but most people vehemently and angrily disagree because this is not the time nor the place........Its suppose to be a happy day.....A handful of pictures of random D1 coaches in ties and polos later and K. Lagow is back to rightfully defend his son. A first time poster, Steve, then daringly sticks up for the currently-loathed, until he provides us with earth shattering underground 2017 recruiting intel, HFD. More pictures, and more verbal jabs at both K. Lagow and HFD. Hijacking of thread talk, half naked girls dancing GIFs, people cursing, mass chaos and at the end we are still left wondering; will Richard Lagow, hopefully grace us with his presence next year and when he does what position will old "popcorn fart" Pasqualoni play Kivon at.

BTW my guess is we attempt to add weight and play him at strong safety ala Keith Tandy, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman..

Its been fun and maddening catching up on this "thread of the year". Nobody can tell me that we don't have some of the most passionate fans in the country....We just need to grow and multiply our rabid base now!!!!!!

a+ still laughing. glad i could help along this thread!

Reaction Score
No I'm referring to the obvious. That they took Taylor because you son didn't send his letter.

I'd expect someone who has been through the fire and back to not frame themselves as a victim when they aren't one.

They left the ball in your court. Send the letter and Taylor is a safety. Don't send the letter and he is a QB.

Since they didn't get your son's letter they got LESS than they expected. That's actually a compliment acknowledging that your son is a very good prospect.

Seriously, drop the fever bull . You don't like that Day prefers the local kid and you don't want to sign until you know there isn't a better alternative.

I'm not badmouthing you - just not allowing you to frame yourself as a victim of the coaching staff. Want to handle it in public? Well then deal with the fact some people understand how things really work.
I have a daughter in law school who is on the international law review who I need to get involved because obviously I can not communicate the issues and you seem to know when a kid is sick or not. As I said, take your best shot at me, but not a kid that missed his signing day. Hell, call the school and see of he was there today, and likely will not be there tomorrow. Good grief Butch was 10000% correct, I should not have tried. But what I am not ever going to do is share any conversations from the coach so there is no way you are ever going to be satisfied with my son's efforts towards your football program.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This thread. WOW, this thread! My eyeballs started bleeding most of the way through, and thank God my boy Jrazz hooked me up with a dancing Kate Upton to keep me going.

To Mr. Lagow: There are a great many people on this board who were and still are excited about the prospect of your son playing football for UConn. Richard has been a great ambassador for the university up to this point, and I still believe that if he chooses UConn, he will be loved and accepted by the entire UConn family. Quite like our mascot, we are very loyal!

To all the young men who chose UConn today (and earlier LOI's): Thank you for choosing UConn as your school of choice! I'm confident that the decision to go to the University of Connecticut will enrich your life in a great many ways, as it did mine. Welcome to the family!!!

That's all I had for now. Back to the dancing Kate Upton GIF... ;)

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
the sky and the oceans are both blue in my world. connecticut blue. and i'll be dammed if another school tries to claim them before uconn does.
I stick my UConn flag everywhere I can.

You're right Dan. Go big or get out out of the game. We're going big!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I have a daughter in law school who is on the international law review who I need to get involved because obviously I can not communicate the issues and you seem to know when a kid is sick or not. As I said, take your best shot at me, but not a kid that missed his signing day. Hell, call the school and see of he was there today, and likely will not be there tomorrow. Good grief Butch was 10000% correct, I should not have tried. But what I am not ever going to do is share any conversations from the coach so there is no way you are ever going to be satisfied with my son's efforts towards your football program.

By the way, it is a well-known Boneyard "rite of passage" to get into an argument with Whaler. For some of us, it takes as many as 100 posts or more to achieve this feat. For you, it was only about 50 or so. Impressive. Very, very impressive... ;)

Reaction Score
Oh sweet Jesus. His name didn't get called because he didn't sign the letter he was too sick to sign between all the tweeting and interview granting.

I'm sure begging for other offers at the end is a wild coincidence and you had no idea that would get published.
He does not have to, and will never have to, beg for anything and it is easy to tweet and answer a phone but he was not going to sign some papers so that you would be happy. Fever, no fever, think what you want. I tried to be courteous. The simple fact is that you have some other agenda but it will not impact his decision.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'll let you off the hook because you've made yourself look so foolish today.

If you can give an interview to a website begging for offers, you can sign a letter.

You can continue to pretend that this is about some high school function, but no one is stupid enough to believe that.

In the end, I'm hopeful Richard is able to overcome your advice.

Simple question to finally end it: is Richard faxing his letter to UConn on Friday? Seems if he is just sick this is a simple yes, followed by your ability to make me look like an balloon knot on Friday - so here is your chance.

pj

Reaction Score
This thread. WOW, this thread! My eyeballs started bleeding most of the way through, and thank God my boy Jrazz hooked me up with a dancing Kate Upton to keep me going.

To Mr. Lagow: There are a great many people on this board who were and still are excited about the prospect of your son playing football for UConn. Richard has been a great ambassador for the university up to this point, and I still believe that if he chooses UConn, he will be loved and accepted by the entire UConn family. Quite like our mascot, we are very loyal!

To all the young men who chose UConn today (and earlier LOI's): Thank you for choosing UConn as your school of choice! I'm confident that the decision to go to the University of Connecticut will enrich your life in a great many ways, as it did mine. Welcome to the family!!!

That's all I had for now. Back to the dancing Kate Upton GIF... ;)

I need to double-like this one so I'm going to re-post it and like my own post.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I stick my UConn flag everywhere I can.

You're right Dan. Go big or get out out of the game. We're going big!

i just want to let u know that i looked at your avitar and then it hit me thats nelly like the old school nelly and i just went in my head " yea". lol that is a great picture, where the heck did u find that?!?!!?!!? i would love nothing more then to find murphy lee in uconn gear 2!

Reaction Score
The 24/7 article has Richard stating he knew this would be a 2 QB class. Getting a very mixed message here. Does Richard even know you've been on here for the last few days airing his "dirty laundry"?

It's a damn good question.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Where were you fifty swings back. :)

Where was I??? I was fighting with Whaler on another thread!!! :eek: (just kidding, Whaler....we'll continue our regularly-scheduled grudge match in the "Conference Realignment" tab)

Reaction Score

If you can give an interview to a website begging for offers, you can sign a letter.

You can continue to pretend that this is about some high school function, but no one is stupid enough to believe that.

Simple question to finally end it: is Richard faxing his letter to UConn on Friday? Seems if he is just sick this is a simple yes, followed by your ability to make me look like an on Friday - so here is your chance.

Whaler seriously..... What is the point of this? Enough already, just let it go! Parents are hyper protective of their children, we've heard enough........

Reaction Score

Simple question to finally end it: is Richard faxing his letter to UConn on Friday? Seems if he is just sick this is a simple yes, followed by your ability to make me look like an on Friday - so here is your chance.
Whaler11-if you are ever on a bridge in a moment of despair, take a little advice. Look for a taller bridge and jump.

Reaction Score
Whaler11-if you are ever on a bridge in a moment of despair, take a little advice. Look for a taller bridge and jump.

You really need to leave. You've embarrassed your son enough.

Reaction Score

Whaler, everyone has had your thoughts from the very first moment the sick thing came out. Minidarren and I exchanged private messages about it, but this back and forth with the pops, I mean.... Just let it go bro.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He does not have to, and will never have to, beg for anything and it is easy to tweet and answer a phone but he was not going to sign some papers so that you would be happy. Fever, no fever, think what you want. I tried to be courteous. The simple fact is that you have some other agenda but it will not impact his decision.

Should I believe him or you?

“I’m not sure exactly where I’ll be signing,” Lagow said. “I’m not sure when it will be. I’m not saying I won’t be signing with UCONN but I’m looking at all options. Anybody that wants to talk to me and wants to recruit me, I’ll be open to them and listen to what they have to say.”

So did he not sign because he was sick? Or did he not sign because he is looking at his options?

Let Dan and Butch kiss your rear end. My agenda is that you aren't going to manipulate our less savvy fans by painting our staff in a negative light through your lies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

At least I wouldn't be afraid to compete.

Sorry you can't keep your story straight.

Reaction Score
By the way, it is a well-known Boneyard "rite of passage" to get into an argument with Whaler. For some of us, it takes as many as 100 posts or more to achieve this feat. For you, it was only about 50 or so. Impressive. Very, very impressive... ;)
It took me less than 50. :D

Seriously, we all need to keep in mind this is a message board and most of us will act differently in person. We are generally respectful of each other off this forum. Maybe except HFD....

pj

Reaction Score

“I’m not sure exactly where I’ll be signing,” Lagow said. “I’m not sure when it will be. I’m not saying I won’t be signing with UCONN but I’m looking at all options. Anybody that wants to talk to me and wants to recruit me, I’ll be open to them and listen to what they have to say.”

So did he not sign because he was sick? Or did he not sign because he is looking at his options?

Let Dan and Butch kiss your rear end. My agenda is that you aren't going to manipulate our less savvy fans by painting our staff in a negative light through your lies.

Whaler, you couldn't be more rude. Silence is golden. No one wants to hear your negative thoughts and suspicions.

Reaction Score
Dude, stop blowing it out of proportion. I don't kiss rear ends.

Reaction Score

When it all comes down to it. YOU ARE A FAN........They need to make the best decision for themselves. It doesn't matter if they lied or were completely truthful. It doesn't matter if they felt one way and then switched their feelings. It doesn't matter if they were told one thing and then another. You are a fan, either hoping he comes here (which must not be the case anymore cuz your not helping your cause) or hoping he doesn't. Drop it already and stop trying to play detective. Lets all just get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom