Official NLI thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today is the biggest day in the kids football career to date. Since Boyles committment, there have been tweets from him saying that things can change. Even when there was word about another QB coming in he was saying that adding another QB in his class could change things for him. I have moved past the fact that we might lose him because of this. I couldnt agree more that each of these individuals needs to do what is best for them. No one is going to look out for their interest more than themselves. Today he is a tweeting madman, but there hasnt been anything about him being sick. No "Sorry UConn Country, gonna have to wait till Friday for my LOI." It just seems incredibly convienient to have come down with a 103 fever.

I hope the kid is well, but this is just mashugana.

It was a rhetorical question. I don't want to see the negativity and no one has any reason to believe he's not being up front about being sick.

Reaction Score
I expect bad news on Friday from the Lagow camp.

I've decided to not waste anymore time sucking up to a parent of a player who is not sure he wants to be here.

A 103 fever is no joke so maybe instead of continuing to post here he should attend to his sick son.

Today we should focus on the players who have comittted to #bleedhuskyblue.

If Richard commits to UConn then he is part of the family. If not good luck to him.

Reaction Score
There's no need to douse this thread in negativity. I believe Lagow will be a Husky based on the information I've read, and if not, then I hope he has a successful career, but I am going to hope for the best and wish all of our new Huskies a warm welcome.

Reaction Score
That makes 12 today. 14 total. Although as HFD says those other 2 count towards 2012.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, this is a great day, a day for celebration! Don't throw a wet blanket on it with any negativity, especially negativity about things that haven't happened and probably won't happen.

Reaction Score
I've decided to not waste anymore time sucking up to a parent of a player who is not sure he wants to be here.

A 103 fever is no joke so maybe instead of continuing to post here he should attend to his sick son.

Today we should focus on the players who have comittted to #bleedhuskyblue.

If Richard commits to UConn then he is part of the family. If not good luck to him.

I agree. I hope if the info is correct, that Lagow is feeling better soon. That kind of fever is indeed dangerous in an adult. Luckily, he's not in a developing country somewhere around the world.

FWIW: I don't believe that the player doesn't want to be here. I think it was my first response to this whole thing, that I said the only people that would really have a problem with Boyle coming in late, are parents, siblings, friends, relatives that really want to see their son, brother, friend, family relation - on the field.

Speaking from my own experience only - in real life - parents are most often the most difficult part of educating kids, whether it be in the classroom, or on a football field.

The most important thing for a college football scholarship freshmen, is to make the transition from being a high school kid living at home, to being an adult living away from home, with significnat responsibilities, to make that transition well. It's not how much playing time their going to get.

The next most important thing, is that the athlete actually make it through to graduation. Parents, may often, lose sight of this fact and accept it as maybe a given part of the process. It is by far, not a given, that players coming in will graduate. They need to put in the work.

The good news is that UCONN is an institution, that has been, and will continue to be an institution that values both winning - and graduating - from it's football players.

Yesterday, I posted a long thing in response to the parent, tracing out the histories through about the past 15-20 years of QB's that have come through UCONN, and graduated. It's impressive. NFL players (2) professional players in arena and europe. CEO's of successful companies. Athletic directors. ETC. DIvision 1A football coaches.

That same kind of success thing exists for players that have graduated at multiple other position groups from UCONN football.

I hope that Lagow chooses to come to UCONN, but more importantly, if he does - I hope chooses to come to UCONN and does the work he needs to be successful on both the field and classroom, and graduates.

I hope the same thing for every player that signs on for marriage to the UCONN football program.

Reaction Score
That's a biggee. Top of the class.

Yeah and one of the ones who was wavering and visiting USF. He had re-affirmed his commitment, but you just never know with these things. Nice to have him locked up.

Reaction Score
Guys, he is laying in bed and has an appointment at 9 am but he never is sick and the fever is very high. He will tweet but he would never admit to being sick or hurt. His junior year he broke his ankle and told them to tape it up and then proceeded to try and run on the sideline and then see if he could throw. They would not let him in the game and they operated on him the next day and he needed pins so I don't think his toughness is in question and if he had to tell his coach that he had to delay his signing, it is serious because he worked for signing day and the opportunity it presents.

Reaction Score
Look in the 2013, commitment thread. His dad posted Rich is ill and won't be signing today. Was headed to the Dr.
Can we get an 'unlike' button created? After getting this kind of news you want to push that button...

Reaction Score
Hope he's OK, Mr. Lagow. Thank you for chiming in. We're on our way towards our best recruiting class ever.

Reaction Score
Guys, he is laying in bed and has an appointment at 9 am but he never is sick and the fever is very high. He will tweet but he would never admit to being sick or hurt. His junior year he broke his ankle and told them to tape it up and then proceeded to try and run on the sideline and then see if he could throw. They would not let him in the game and they operated on him the next day and he needed pins so I don't think his toughness is in question and if he had to tell his coach that he had to delay his signing, it is serious because he worked for signing day and the opportunity it presents.

No worries. Some people are just so passionate that it makes them neurotic and any sign of anything even mildly less-than-perfect and they start freaking out. Passion sometimes leads to irrationality.

Here's hoping Richard feels better soon.

Reaction Score

Hope he gets better soon. And if its not clear we REALLY REALLY want him on in Blue!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I really think Mr Lagow should stop posting in this forum. I want Richard to come to Uconn, but no good will come from participating with the fans. It rarely worksout. He should ignore us.

And again, I want to see Lagow in Storrs..... he shouldnt fear the competition. No matter where he goes, he's going to have to earn that space.

Reaction Score
Mr Lagow,

Perhaps stopping at Staples on the way home from the doctor visit to fax in a signature would help your son (and a bunch of overly passionate knuckleheads here) relax?

Reaction Score
Hope Richards gets better soon. It's understandable that he wants to wait til he's better to have the signing ceremony. These kids dream about them before they commit or when they commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom