Official: new uniforms | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official: new uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New unis are ok... should've used the husky logo instead of spelling out "HUSKIES" on the shorts (the only big mistake) and I'd bring back the red "U"

Reaction Score
Heres the video

FINALLY!!! Some Unis i absolutely love! I love the trim around the bottom of the shorts and the style the jersey is cut looks fantastic!!! I always said i liked the desighn but i hated the cut. Love these!

Reaction Score
The only thing I don’t love is the “huskies” written down the shorts, but it’s growing on me. Just a much more professional uniform imo, the old ones just seemed a little childish if that makes sense. These scream Big East.

Reaction Score
I like the more angled collar and the Husky Logo on the shorts.

1601812118794.png

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I would buy multiple pairs of the shorts, it's too bad

I’m confused...has Nike stopped selling these at places like Eastbay? I guess it was a few years by now but I know they sold all team shorts every year.

I bought the Purvis/Adams era ones last but always assume they’ll be available come Oct/Nov.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Throwback need to be Ray era Connecticut jerseys or the bubble script UConn (not technically a throwback as they were never a jersey before)

Reaction Score
Where are people seeing confirmation of throwbacks for this season?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Don't some schools do "blackout" games or is that only football? I'd scoop up a black uni if they made them...partly bc black is slimming and I could use some of that in my life after Covid.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't some schools do "blackout" games or is that only football? I'd scoop up a black uni if they made them...partly bc black is slimming and I could use some of that in my life after Covid.
I’ve never seen the point of doing a black alternative uniform winter colors are national flag blue. After the rebrand they lightened up the color a little bit. I’d love to see us go back to that deep national flag blue. For what it’s worth though, Geno has done black uniforms for the women’s team.

Reaction Score
Nothing unique about "HUSKIES" and too much lettering (looks too busy, not clean at all). The logo on the other hand is unique and gives a much cleaner look.
It makes me think the Logos days might be numbered because although i agree that the HUSKIES looks cool i also wouldnt mind seeing simply the logo and im sure it was discussed. But then again they couldve redesigned the logo and put it on the shorts to begin with. idk im very happy with the new unis though.

Reaction Score
It makes me think the Logos days might be numbered because although i agree that the HUSKIES looks cool i also wouldnt mind seeing simply the logo and im sure it was discussed. But then again they couldve redesigned the logo and put it on the shorts to begin with. idk im very happy with the new unis though.
I think thats a good point. Maybe they realize not many fans “love” the new logo, and thats why they got away from it on the new uniforms. Maybe Im over thinking it, but how many UConn fans could actually say they “love” the new logo? I guarantee theres way more fans that would prefer the old logo over this new version. Thats why the retro UConn apparel has been selling like crazy on sites like 19nine.

Regardless, I think these new uniforms are the best we’ve had in years.

Reaction Score
I think thats a good point. Maybe they realize not many fans “love” the new logo, and thats why they got away from it on the new uniforms. Maybe Im over thinking it, but how many UConn fans could actually say they “love” the new logo? I guarantee theres way more fans that would prefer the old logo over this new version. Thats why the retro UConn apparel has been selling like crazy on sites like 19nine.

I’d venture to guess the majority likes the new logo better than the old. Of course there is the white Samoyed diehards whom are more vocal and hate the newer logo but it seems to me more are for then against. I personally don’t care but I did think that old one looked cartoonish and silly

Reaction Score
I’d venture to guess the majority likes the new logo better than the old. Of course there is the white Samoyed diehards whom are more vocal and hate the newer logo but it seems to me more are for then against. I personally don’t care but I did think that old one looked cartoonish and silly
Im nostalgic for the old logo but i like dont love the new logo as it feels a bit generic to me and wouldnt mind keeping it but changing it up a little.

Reaction Score

The old logo is 1000x more popular than the current

Reaction Score
You're exactly right, there's a few people who are very vocal in support of the old logo but the majority love the new one

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak