Official Name Hank Hughes Interim Head Coach Thread | The Boneyard

Official Name Hank Hughes Interim Head Coach Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He carried himself so well during the post Randy interim period. Give him the rest of the season like a Kevin Ollie and let's see what changes. Then Warde can make decisions.

I'm still stewing four hours later and there's no alcohol involved

Reaction Score
He would never embarrass PP by doing that but I like the idea.

There's a lot of money to eat with his contract so to let him go after 2 years would be tough but the long term damage of keeping him could cost them more.

Too bad Brown couldn't be HC and DC and have him bring in a young gun with a hurry up offense like the rest of the country.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's a lot of money to eat with his contract so to let him go after 2 years would be tough but the long term damage of keeping him could cost them more.

Exactly right.

Reaction Score
Nope. For the guy who had the plan to keep building on the foundation that was built over the past ten years

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can't change coaches in the middle of the season. Unless you don't mind losing your last 8 games.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He would never embarrass PP by doing that but I like the idea.

Too bad Brown couldn't be HC and DC and have him bring in a young gun with a hurry up offense like the rest of the country.

One idea bounced around a couple of weeks ago is to make Brown the HC and make Hughes the DC.

Reaction Score
Stupid
Stupid is the continued Wild Cat nonsense. Stupid is running McCombs into the middle of the line repeatedly.
Stupid is losing to Western Michigan two years in a row. Stupid is complete ineptness on offense in the last two years. Stupid is hanging onto Hathway's stupid decision. Stupid is 7000 empty seats for the NC State game.

Reaction Score
Stupid is the continued Wild Cat nonsense. Stupid is running McCombs into the middle of the line repeatedly.
Stupid is losing to Western Michigan two years in a row. Stupid is complete ineptness on offense in the last two years. Stupid is hanging onto Hathway's stupid decision. Stupid is 7000 empty seats for the NC State game.
I agree with most of this but blaming the coach for empty seats IS stupid. If we had a different coach with the same results most here would still be complaining.

Reaction Score
I agree with most of this but blaming the coach for empty seats IS stupid. If we had a different coach with the same results most here would still be complaining.
I wish I were wrong but after the Wester Michigan game last year, I posted that the PP era was going to be short. Few agreed but most said he deserved more time.

Again, wish I were wrong last year but we now have a big enough sample size IMO.

Reaction Score
I wish I were wrong but after the Wester Michigan game last year, I posted that the PP era was going to be short. Few agreed but most said he deserved more time.

Again, wish I were wrong last year but we now have a big enough sample size IMO.
For me I think a coach needs at least 3 years. But I am frustrated just as much as you.

Reaction Score
For me I think a coach needs at least 3 years. But I am frustrated just as much as you.
In general I agree with you. But after watching the Kragthorpe and GRob debacles, not sure that is tried and true any longer

Reaction Score
I think it would be more prudent for PP to replace Deleone now than it would be for UConn to replace PP right now. Warde should talk to P.

Also might be a good idea to get rid of the WR coach. Guy has been here for 7 years and Easley is the only WR that was half way decent.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The only thing missing from this thread is a straight jacket. Granted you think it's bad now wait til Rutgers tears us a new ass in a few wks then the bullets are really gonna fly.

Reaction Score

Cersosimo and Wholley are the only guys who can recruit halfway decent talent on this staff. He's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom