Official Julienne the Carrot Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Official Julienne the Carrot Thread

Reaction Score
The team is fighting super hard! If we continue to play with this type of grit and determination, we are poised for a deep tourney run!

Reaction Score
Polley, has actually played better def then most tonight - if he was used properly throughout the year he would be better by now. Still has nice potential
He might have potential but I clearly don’t see much of it. Whether that is on Ollie is probably part of the problem with the offense he runs. No wonder why so many players want to leave.

Reaction Score
Play that stuck out to me that half was when Vital grabbing a Cincy pass, got out of bounds, and whipped it back in play within a second. Cincy couldn't set up the press and we were easily into the halfcourt and into the "offense." How is this not something every D1 player knows to do? Fire Ollie

Reaction Score
They attacked the press effectively. Cinny has become more passive after a make. Easy to miss it in the this mess. But that was a positive.

Reaction Score
The play I didn't like was Carlton alone under the basket and Vital dribbling 50 feet to get a lay up blocked.

Reaction Score
Not as starters. They are backup players at best but unfortunately our talent with actual basketball skills are lacking.
I realize they are freshman but they all need to really raise their level of hustle and toughness. They all play soft. Until they show progress there just drifting around launching shots and wearing the uniform will give them 4 years of losing records. Ollie has us playing like a team that accepts losing.

Reaction Score
I realize they are freshman but they all need to really raise their level of hustle and toughness. They all play soft. Until they show progress there just drifting around launching shots and wearing the uniform will give them 4 years of losing records. Ollie has us playing like a team that accepts losing.
Pretty much that is what it looks like from watching every game. There is no sense of how to run and offense and hunger to rebound.

Reaction Score
Polley, has actually played better def then most tonight - if he was used properly throughout the year he would be better by now. Still has nice potential

Polley dribbled into a friggin trap and lost control of his dribble and hurled a prayer pass at Vital that got picked off and turned into a lay-up in transition.
The play I didn't like was Carlton alone under the basket and Vital dribbling 50 feet to get a lay up blocked.

God yesss... wtf was that?

Reaction Score
Guys have to be strong with the ball ... we simply panic and just throw a pass hoping it gets to one of our own ... 10 points just off bad passing

Reaction Score
Why don't we have our own floor FFS. This game is so unwatchable. We obviously have a lot more talent but neither team runs any semblance of offense. Turning this off at the half.

Yea right.... Your loving this

Reaction Score
Polley dribbled into a friggin trap and lost control of his dribble and hurled a prayer pass at Vital that got picked off and turned into a lay-up in transition.

God yesss... wtf was that?

Polley, should have never been put in the spot of being a primary ball handler - but I said his defense has been good, check out his positioning and the amount of times his guy gets free for an open look vs everyone else. Plus he has shown he can knock it down the last 3 games.

Reaction Score
What stands out to me and sums it all up and why Ollie needs to go now is this. Williams goes up strong to deny a layup by a Cincy player and shows some grit and toughness, both players get a technical and what does Ollie do, takes him out not to be seen again. Yet a guy like Larrier continually plays soft and let's guys drive in for uncontested layup after layup and doesn't get pulled. Unbelievable and the end of the line for me.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
The team is fighting super hard! If we continue to play with this type of grit and determination, we are poised for a deep tourney run!
They do look to be playing with some intensity and hustle but along with playing hard they need to play smart. (Don't know if your comment was sincere or sarcastic.)

Reaction Score
Ollie gave KW a hard high five when he benched him after the T. Head bang

Reaction Score
When does Larrier get the mask off? He must be shooting under 30% since he’s had that thing on

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Why is Larrier allowed to not wear the mask during warmups?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom