Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Official: Hurley tells UK, NOPE

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This is gonna be unpopular but I'll say it again: can we please try to leave the people who live in Kentucky alone? I don't care what some of their fans said. We are a passionate fan base, just like them. We were on pins and needles waiting for Hurley to decide when it was between us and Pitt. We know their situation as a proud program.
It seems we've got our staff in place again. Better for us to just go about our normal business and not trash another United State and our countrymen. Trash ME instead if you want.
Go Huskies
Yeah, no.

IMG_3029.jpeg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Right but it's clearly said in jest and now Kentucky fans are twisting it to say from pretty vile stuff. I just think it's better for fans to leave her out of it.

Are we responsible Kentucky fans spewing demented bile? They are Kentucky fans.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Stop with this. He was offered the best job available in college basketball, that's why he left Rhode Island. He's made that job the best job in the country, that's why he isn't leaving for another college job.

You guys are taking a joke way too seriously

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Stop with this. He was offered the best job available in college basketball, that's why he left Rhode Island. He's made that job the best job in the country, that's why he isn't leaving for another college job.
This isn't new. He had to talk her into leaving URI because she was so happy there, this only worked cause CT is in NE, if you believe their story. She's never leaving NE, so Dan can't either.

Doesn't even mean he would, it's just the largest barrier in his life to even consider it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
John Fanta called it on the field of 68 the night of the championship game

Go the 50 minute mark of the podcast from the night of the NC

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We clearly have people here who think Andrea Hurley is the reason Hurley turned down Kentucky and a lot of Kentucky fans on their board are using that as the excuse as well.

If you’ve followed those clowns on twitter, they’ve changed the reason of why they’ll get him and why they didn’t every 5 minutes.

I mean this sincerely, they are by far the worst fanbase. Worse than Cuse and worse than PC

Reaction Score
We clearly have people here who think Andrea Hurley is the reason Hurley turned down Kentucky and a lot of Kentucky fans on their board are using that as the excuse as well.
I think you’re taking what people think on twitter a bit too seriously.

Reaction Score
Not just that, Hurley Sr. never chased the dollars when he could have.
This 100%. Danny wasn’t raised with money as a lone motivating factor. He saw his Dad for atleast 15 years turn down more lucrative deals to coach college. Every single year. But Bob was loyal to Jersey City, to the boys and girls club, and St. Anthony’s. That was greater than money. Fast forward to 2024 and Danny surely isnt leaving for a few extra million. Besides, it’s not like he is making 400k. He will most likely make 8 mil per. That’s probably more than he ever expected.

One of the most admirable qualities Danny has is self awareness. He knows who he is. He is a northeast guy to the core. With that, he is not just the perfect fit for UConn, UConn is the perfect fit for him. It allows him to be himself and I would argue allows him to maximize his potential. From resources and support, to fan appreciation and how e have embraced not just him, but his wife and son, is invaluable. I truly believe he knows that.
I could imagine if he even had a conversation with his dad on potentially leaving. How quick would that conversation be?
Obviously, I have been a pro Danny guy from the start. I am not all surprised that he is thriving here(I didn’t expect back to back) but damn this feels good to have him.

Reaction Score
This is gonna be unpopular but I'll say it again: can we please try to leave the people who live in Kentucky alone? I don't care what some of their fans said. We are a passionate fan base, just like them. We were on pins and needles waiting for Hurley to decide when it was between us and Pitt. We know their situation as a proud program.
It seems we've got our staff in place again. Better for us to just go about our normal business and not trash another United State and our countrymen. Trash ME instead if you want.
Go Huskies
Have you ever seen people that live in Ashford CT. They’re fun to trash.

Reaction Score

I respect you as a poster. But please lighten up. use wife as a reason is most polite and endearing tactic. Did Scott Drew not turn down Kentucky using his mother in law, wife and family ?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"my wife wont let me" or "because my wife said so" is a humorous deflection. anyone married would know that, even if it's true.
It was funny but also partially true. Hurley is a family man and any decision would be made with getting an opinion from Andrea. Their long term relationship would have made it clear to Danny that Kentucky was an unlikely destination for them.

Reaction Score
Pretty big statement that the head coaches of Baylor and Alabama say thanks but no thanks to the Kentucky job. Unfathomable as recent as five years ago.

Reaction Score
Pretty big statement that the head coaches of Baylor and Alabama say thanks but no thanks to the Kentucky job. Unfathomable as recent as five years ago.
I’ve read that Nate Oats has some family/personal reasons going on which makes it really not an option to leave Alabama right now.

Reaction Score
Alright Scrooge
You're parroting the same nonsense the people on BBN are parroting. I didn't say anything about Twitter, some of our own fans here are sounding like Kentucky fans over at BBN as to why Hurley is staying at UConn.

It was a joke.

Hurley also said he talked about retiring along with Luke Murray, that was another joke.

Reaction Score

Not as much as you might think, Jay Wright turned them down multiple times and so did Billy Donovan in 08. It's really just not that attractive of a job and there's almost zero home grown talent in Kentucky (even less than Indiana).

Reaction Score
She does seem to be the biggest reason he can't leave the north-east.
He can’t leave? I think it’s more like doesn’t want to leave, and that’s not the only reason. Anyone that would leave a good marriage, which they seem to have, and where there are kids, for a job is an idiot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom