Official attendance prediction vs Pitt

• Thread starter fortebleedsblue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Attendance doesn't seem to move that much with UConn. 33-34k.

Reaction Score
1st quarter - 26k
2nd quarter - 32k
3rd quarter - 22k
4th quarter - 7k

These are numbers at the end of each quarter, no matter what the score.

Reaction Score
they never give the actual total of people who went throug the gate. They give the # of tickets that are out.
They will say 34K, but it will be more like 24K

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Announced: 34,941
Actual midway through second quarter: 29,505
Actual with 2 minutes left of a 10-3 game: 2,308

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Announced will be the same as always. ~35k. If game was today would be lucky to get 20k in - it's miserable. Supposed to be ok tomorrow. I'd say they scan 29-30k tickets.

Reaction Score
Lots of big-time schools have a small percentage of fans left in the seats by the fourth quarter. Those who leave are the casual fans. The ones that remain into OT are the diehards.

Reaction Score
I'd say 35,000. Friday night is a good party night. Should be lots of kids who have imbibed early...and middle aged men in the same state of inebriation...:)

Reaction Score
Reported 36k.
Actual, 29k
End of 3rd, 15k.

Also, watch the student section file out after 3 quarters. duck the next poster who argues we need to give students more seats, they're great for 3 quarters, then they leave like a lot of other people.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Reported 36k.
Actual, 29k
End of 3rd, 15k.

Also, watch the student section file out after 3 quarters. duck the next poster who argues we need to give students more seats, they're great for 3 quarters, then they leave like a lot of other people.
Not when the team is competitive and playing in a close game. If the team sucks, yeah they're just as bad as the rest of the crowd. But most student sections will be like this when their respective teams are having terrible seasons.

Reaction Score
Not when the team is competitive and playing in a close game. If the team sucks, yeah they're just as bad as the rest of the crowd. But most student sections will be like this when their respective teams are having terrible seasons.
I call bullsh!t. I've been sitting right behind them for 6 years. I can count on one hand the times the section was full till the end of the game. But even if you at least recognize they are like most fans, that's reason enough not to take the financial hit of extending the student section. We'd make less money off tickets sold to people also uninterested in staying the duration of the game.

I've seen it empty prior to the 4th quarter of a 1 score game (winning or losing) too many times to count.

Reaction Score
Don't expect it to fill up too much to begin with. Student here I can't make the game because I have a conflict exam till 8:30 that night or so and I had trouble giving my ticket away to someone that would actually go.

Reaction Score
Lots of big-time schools have a small percentage of fans left in the seats by the fourth quarter. Those who leave are the casual fans. The ones that remain into OT are the diehards.

NOT!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hopefully being the final meeting it will be full and the game semi competitive.

Reaction Score
Don't expect it to fill up too much to begin with. Student here I can't make the game because I have a conflict exam till 8:30 that night or so and I had trouble giving my ticket away to someone that would actually go.
Students tend to be late arriving on weeknight games. I understand the difficulty. I don't mind late arrivals on weeknight games from anyone as most people work or have other responsibilities, and traffic is always much worse.

It's the leaving early that pisses me off. Especially for noon games on Saturday. You're in ducking college, the parties don't start till 10, and they don't end till 3 or 4. Where the duck do you have to be on a Saturday at 3 in the afternoon that you can't stay till the end of a football game? Pathetic.

Reaction Score
With the wind tommorow night look for a wind chill in the teens. We could see a mass exodus at half time no matter what the score

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I call bullsh!t. I've been sitting right behind them for 6 years. I can count on one hand the times the section was full till the end of the game. But even if you at least recognize they are like most fans, that's reason enough not to take the financial hit of extending the student section. We'd make less money off tickets sold to people also uninterested in staying the duration of the game.

I've seen it empty prior to the 4th quarter of a 1 score game (winning or losing) too many times to count.
Oh I don't think it should be expanded at all unless the stadium is expanded. Students won't want to stay until we start playing an exciting brand of football. And the stadium won't be expanded until we play an exciting brand of football and win games. It will be a natural process if it ever does happen.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
student section attendance is gonna be really low. lots of people selling tickets on facebook. I, however, will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom