Official 2016-17 rankings thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Official 2016-17 rankings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You get no argument from me there and, once again, I am not arguing that Mulkey is a better coach than McGraw, but I certainly don't think that McGraw is any better than any other coach on the list of one or two time winners of a NC. However, if she wins another one or two...or more, then I will be so inclined to put her higher on my list.

I think that most UCONN fans think she is a better coach just because she had UCONN's number there for a while.
Hasn't she also had everyone else's number BUT UCONN's for a while now with her 96+% winning last 4 years?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Regionals :)
BPort: NDame, UConn, Maryland
Lex: Oh St, Louis, Tenn
OKC: Bay, UCLA, SC
Stoc: Stan, Tex, Miss St
Why would Notre Dame travel to Bridgeport if you have them as a higher seed than tOSU? Lexington is 5 hours away from South Bend while Bridgeport is 12 hours.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
He has not had nearly the talent McGraw has. I consider him to be one of the best Xs and Os coaches in WCBB.

Sorry that I don't have more respect for your coach's abilities. Don't take it personally. I simply consider her overrated as a great basketball mind.
You can take Perretta, I'll take Doug Bruno or Jim Jabir, though I like Muffet. And yes, I think Mulkey is a great recruiter, but overrated as a coach.

Reaction Score
You get no argument from me there and, once again, I am not arguing that Mulkey is a better coach than McGraw, but I certainly don't think that McGraw is any better than any other coach on the list of one or two time winners of a NC. However, if she wins another one or two...or more, then I will be so inclined to put her higher on my list.

I think that most UCONN fans think she is a better coach just because she had UCONN's number there for a while.

So who is higher than McGraw if not Mulkey? What coaches are between Geno and McGraw on a list of best active coaches? I might give Tara, but that's about it.

Reaction Score
And also, let's be clear, when we talk about "best coach", we mean the sum total of recruiting, motivation/etc, and in-game Xs and Os.

Reaction Score
Maybe Muffet needs to become a better coach and she can win championship number 2. Everyone likes to put her as the "second best" coach in the nation yet she hasn't won a championship in the past 15 years. #toomuchrespect

And only one her one and only championship because of injuries to UConn. Let's remember that!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Soooo, get involved, voice an opinion. I'm pretty sure you're not gonna be pushing Coach P.;)

Off the top of my head

1) Notre Dame
2) Baylor
3) South Carolina
4) UCONN
5) Ohio State
6) Stanford
7) Louisville
8) Maryland
9) Texas
10) Miss State

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And only one her one and only championship because of injuries to UConn. Let's remember that!
I'm not so sure about that.
UCONN was injury free when earlier in the season the team went into South Bend and lost handily. I am always skeptical when I hear that the game was determined by a player that didn't play.
Natalie Achonwa in 2014 ? Do we really want to rehash this?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You can take Perretta, I'll take Doug Bruno or Jim Jabir, though I like Muffet. And yes, I think Mulkey is a great recruiter, but overrated as a coach.

She actually hasn't been a great recruiter until recently, really. She had Griner and Sims but other than that she has not had a top rated player until Cox came along. Had Jones not transferred to Baylor Mulkey would not have had one top 10 player on the roster other than Kalani Brown, who was ranked number 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom