Offensive Rating - Cam Spencer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Offensive Rating - Cam Spencer

Reaction Score
Cam already is a UConn legend. He’s really been a tremendous player for us
What makes for a great program is how many remarkable kids roll through. So many special ones beyond those that land in the NBA.

Reaction Score
we used to have a kevin olllie meme with his hair growing on fire. I wish we could do that with Cam signaling the out of towners to out of town.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of integral pieces but none more important than Cam the way he plays.

Reaction Score
“I think no matter where I am I always try to play with that chip on my shoulder,” Spencer told The Courant on Monday, five years later. “Like, I only had one Division I offer coming out of high school, nobody wanted me. So that’s kind of the mentality that I take into every practice and every day. It’s awesome to be at UConn and I love everything about it.”

Alternate access:

How Cam Spencer has formed a ‘perfect marriage’ with UConn

Reaction Score

Best of the best

Cam Spencer, UConn Huskies
Spencer was viewed as the missing piece when UConn landed him in the spring following his departure from Rutgers. He has met those expectations and more. He's averaging 15.5 points and 3.2 assists, while shooting better than 45% from 3. Spencer put up 20-plus in each of his past two games.

Grass isn't always greener

Nicolas Timberlake, Kansas Jayhawks

After being one of the best players in the CAA the past three seasons, Timberlake transferred up to the Jayhawks. He had 13 points in the opener but has struggled for consistent minutes in the three months since, averaging 3.4 points in 10.7 minutes.

Reaction Score
Aside from getting great players, Hurley has brought in incredibly likable kids.
My son and his friends love Spencer and they aren’t UConn fans. Suburban white kids see Spencer living the dream.

Reaction Score
Taking off your Husky Blue glasses......
I doubt many UConn opponents' fans find Spencer likeable. Not that I care what they think.
I said this in another thread a while back. He’s a psychopath but he’s our psychopath. Jawing with opposing players, riling up opposing fans. The guy embraces the villain role. He's the player equivalent of Hurley. Hate his fire if it’s not your team, love it if it is.

Reaction Score
I said this in another thread a while back. He’s a psychopath but he’s our psychopath. Jawing with opposing players, riling up opposing fans. The guy embraces the villain role. He's the player equivalent of Hurley. Hate his fire if it’s not your team, love it if it is.
I love Cam’s passion just like I loved AJ’s passion last year. Getting under the skin of an opponent while still being effective is a skill. The only difference is people on this board were hating on AJ for doing it. Not sure why the double standard.

Reaction Score
I love Cam’s passion just like I loved AJ’s passion last year. Getting under the skin of an opponent while still being effective is a skill. The only difference is people on this board were hating on AJ for doing it. Not sure why the double standard.
Not sure people hated on Andre for his passion or jawing. People got annoyed with him because he wasn’t as good at toeing the line and got T’d up too often.

Reaction Score
Newton needs to pick his spots better from 3 at times. He's good for one headscratcher a game. Not that it has made a huge difference to day, but 1 or 2 possessions wasted can doom you in March.
Or you get a Kansas game.

Reaction Score
Not sure people hated on Andre for his passion or jawing. People got annoyed with him because he wasn’t as good at toeing the line and got T’d up too often.
I thought they hated on him for his lack of a jump shot.

Reaction Score
TF are you talking about ? Andre is one of the most beloved players ever. Half the people on this board would probably name their next kid Andre.
Some people were upset at the time because he was getting technicals, and we also happened to be losing at the time. Not nearly comparable.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Cam is a baller. Will be invaluable during BE Tournament/March Madness
As we head toward March it is very comforting again to have fantastic guys to close out a game. Cam, Karaban, Newton, Diarra and Ball or Castle. Textbook closeouts. Reminiscent of the Bazz/Boat/Giffey era. Red Aurbach would be lighting up a victory cigar somewhere and Don Meredith singing "Turn out the lights the party's over"

Reaction Score
TF are you talking about ? Andre is one of the most beloved players ever. Half the people on this board would probably name their next kid Andre.
Some people were upset at the time because he was getting technicals, and we also happened to be losing at the time. Not nearly comparable.
What a strange take from him, I feel like half this board has said Jackson is their favorite Husky ever.

Poe

Reaction Score
Cam still #1, Karaban 4th and Clingan 8th.

Absurd.

IMG_4238.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom