Offense, Passing & Great Catches | The Boneyard

Offense, Passing & Great Catches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everywhere you looked today: there was passing galore, great catches and scoring. UConn doesn't even look like they are playing the same game. The Texas Tech v. TCU contest alone was nothing but offense. It's like the game passed Connecticut (both Randy & Paul) by. Just sad that UConn is so inept and so very boring. How many backup QBs & WRs frustrated by lack of playing time at other big time programs could have been household names here. They'd be rewriting the record book here rather than running the scout team in practice at the better programs.

Reaction Score
We threw over 40 times for 296 yards while getting obliterated and you're still sticking to pass offense is everything and if we could just throw the ball we'd win? LMFAO. You've just become the Knight in Monte Python with your four limbs cut off asking if it can be called a draw.

Reaction Score
I hardly ever see eye to eye with BL...BUT he is dead on about this. For a passing game to work you need to have more than -6 yds rushing. Even teams like Oregon run the football well.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I hardly ever see eye to eye with BL...BUT he is dead on about this. For a passing game to work you need to have more than -6 yds rushing. Even teams like Oregon run the football well.

Even teams like Oregon? All they do is run the ball. They are #5 in the country running the ball. Their passing game sucks.

Reaction Score
Even teams like Oregon? All they do is run the ball. They are #5 in the country running the ball. Their passing game sucks.
My EXACT point...everyone keeps saying they want an offense like Oregon on here.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Y'know... I think TDH views football like figure skating or gymnastics. He doesn't care about defense, he doesn't care about the score, he doesn't seem to realize there's another team on the field that's coming up with ways to stop you. in TDH's world, it's all about artistry in the passing game. I think someone should make a DVD of offensive practices, with WR's running long routes with no defenders on a field and that would be TDH's christmas present. Perhaps we should make it into an olympic sport, where everyone would argue about which route was the perfect score, and why the judges gave too high or too low of a score to this WR or that WR.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard can your starter average 7.5 yards per attempt and have 16 tds against 5 picks and have a bad passing game.

Reaction Score
We threw over 40 times for 296 yards while getting obliterated and you're still sticking to pass offense is everything and if we could just throw the ball we'd win? LMFAO. You've just become the Knight in Monte Python with your four limbs cut off asking if it can be called a draw.

How'd your "smash mouth" running game go the other night? How bout the shutdown defense? The passing game, however humble it may be right now, was all the Huskies had. Better watch a few other college games to get better acquainted with how the games played today, Monte.

Reaction Score
If you have a monstrous offensive line in football you can do whatever u want

Reaction Score
If you have a monstrous offensive line in football you can do whatever u want

huh ????

Our OL is pretty darn big. Well above average in FBS

The OL needs to be able to read blitzes, and they need not to have a total idiot for a coach.

Reaction Score

Just 'cause you pass a lot in one game where are behind by 17 early in 3rd qtr does not a passing offense make. Guess being #63 in passing yardage way better than our #116 in FBS rushing yardage. Unless you punt on 1st down you got to either pass or run. If you run for negative yardage, guess you should either pass or punt.

Reaction Score
huh ????

Our OL is pretty darn big. Well above average in FBS

The OL needs to be able to read blitzes, and they need not to have a total idiot for a coach.
I never said we were small. Just not monstrous. All 6'6 330

Reaction Score
UConn may not be great at throwing the ball, but it's their best offensive option right now. Two good TEs, a promising WR in #85. # 6 coming on recently. Now imagine if they had on OC.

Reaction Score
Y'know... I think TDH views football like figure skating or gymnastics. He doesn't care about defense, he doesn't care about the score, he doesn't seem to realize there's another team on the field that's coming up with ways to stop you. in TDH's world, it's all about artistry in the passing game. I think someone should make a DVD of offensive practices, with WR's running long routes with no defenders on a field and that would be TDH's christmas present. Perhaps we should make it into an olympic sport, where everyone would argue about which route was the perfect score, and why the judges gave too high or too low of a score to this WR or that WR.

It's not so much the passing as it is opening up the field. Just slamming the ball into a ton of bodies makes no sense unless you're Alabama or Wisconsin or Stanford and your offensive line is great.

Reaction Score
Y'know... I think TDH views football like figure skating or gymnastics. He doesn't care about defense, he doesn't care about the score, he doesn't seem to realize there's another team on the field that's coming up with ways to stop you. in TDH's world, it's all about artistry in the passing game. I think someone should make a DVD of offensive practices, with WR's running long routes with no defenders on a field and that would be TDH's christmas present. Perhaps we should make it into an
olympic sport, where everyone would argue about which route was the perfect score, and why the judges gave too high or too low of a score to this WR or that WR.

Flame away. Your point isn't flying. Watch some other teams and get a clue as to just how prevalent passing is in college football and what an effective weapon it can be. And if it's exciting to me, just think how recruits look at it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yesterday while watching the scoreboard (and taking a short break from my kitchen remodel) my buddy (who did the plumbing) mentioned the scoring numbers in college football these days. I reiterated a conversation I had with a co-worker a couple of days after the WVU-Baylor scorefest when I stated "if this sport reaches the point where giving up 500 yards and 45 points in a game is viewed as a solid defensive effort and normally sufficient to win I will stop following college football".

I realize that TDH wants to watch a sport where numbers roll like a pinball machine. I personally want something a little different.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah the style of football in the Big 12 is terrible. It's no better than UConn-Rutgers just has more commercials.

The Big 12 had more touchdowns than punts yesterday - that's just silly. Like watching late 90's baseball at Coors Field. It's terrible.

Reaction Score
Yeah the style of football in the Big 12 is terrible. It's no better than UConn-Rutgers just has more commercials.

The Big 12 had more touchdowns than punts yesterday - that's just silly. Like watching late 90's baseball at Coors Field. It's terrible.

But that is what the lemmings are led to believe. Arena football here we come - but hey they have flashy uniforms which appeal to a Generation XYLost.

Reaction Score
All offensive systems, are built on the same foundation. Blocking.

Our passing offense, in 2012, is much different, and much improved from any passing offense we've had in many years. A long time.

THe problem is that it's only good for about a single drive a game on average, because our blocking foundation in this offense we are running now - SUCKS.

Truthfully, I have no idea why. Players / coaches / scheme - I have my thoughts, and as this miserable stretch of uconn football history goes on, it's becoming very clear with each passing game.....(see what I did there?).....with each passing game, that the problem is twofold - the guy in the booth, and that guy on the sidelines, that's either unwilling or unable, to stop him.

ALl we can do, is hope that the players get enough figured out on the field, to win a couple of games, until things can change.

Reaction Score
All offensive systems, are built on the same foundation. Blocking.

Our passing offense, in 2012, is much different, and much improved from any passing offense we've had in many years. A long time.

THe problem is that it's only good for about a single drive a game on average, because our blocking foundation in this offense we are running now - SUCKS.

Truthfully, I have no idea why. Players / coaches / scheme - I have my thoughts, and as this miserable stretch of uconn football history goes on, it's becoming very clear with each passing game.....(see what I did there?).....with each passing game, that the problem is twofold - the guy in the booth, and that guy on the sidelines, that's either unwilling or unable, to stop him.

ALl we can do, is hope that the players get enough figured out on the field, to win a couple of games, until things can change.
Look no further than temple getting pressure rushing two. Yes two. The line is very confused at times

Reaction Score
Yesterday while watching the scoreboard (and taking a short break from my kitchen remodel) my buddy (who did the plumbing) mentioned the scoring numbers in college football these days. I reiterated a conversation I had with a co-worker a couple of days after the WVU-Baylor scorefest when I stated "if this sport reaches the point where giving up 500 yards and 45 points in a game is viewed as a solid defensive effort and normally sufficient to win I will stop following college football".

I realize that TDH wants to watch a sport where numbers roll like a pinball machine. I personally want something a little different.

Sounds like soccer is the sport for you, FCF. The rest of the country (that part which does get respected, at least) seems to see things different. No wonder the Big East is being shoved out of the majors. I'm sure that their 85,000 fans in attendance enjoy this football a lot better than the 40,000 (if that) fans sitting in tiny little Rentschler. And, how in the heck does a UConn fan want to look down their nose at the Big 12 style of play when those teams would eat the Huskies lunch. Arrogant much?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
TDH can you explain the SEC when you get a chance? They play defense and have the biggest crowds and highest ratings.

Reaction Score
TDH can you explain the SEC when you get a chance? They play defense and have the biggest crowds and highest ratings.

First off, a lot of those programs do play up tempo offense. Secondly the SEC gets the best athletes in the nation, so they pretty much line up the best 11 players on the field when their opponents have the ball.

Right now, take Alabama's or Florida's second team offense and second team defense and dress them up in National Flag Blue, Block C and white trim and . . . . you have a much more successful UConn team than what we currently see. A wide open passing attack is one way a lesser talented team can level the playing field.

Reaction Score

Yeah, that's why their conference is considered inferior to the Big East. Come on man, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, K-State, Texas Tech, TCU . . . . these programs would destroy UConn - and have a whole lot of fun doing it. And their fans probably would be happy with more TD's than punts. Northeast football = old school = ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom