October UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

October UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was not impressed with Hailey Van Lith's play last summer in the FIBA U19 World Cup, she seemed to be slow and lost.

Reaction Score
Now that's recruiting! Bring em home Saylor!
Screenshot_2019-10-24-22-27-58.png

Reaction Score
It's possible I've missed this being posted, but in case it wasn't here's a more up-to-date video highlight of Nika Muhl. If she plays like this or better for us it's going to be really hard to keep her off the floor. The next couple of years are going to be a pleasure to watch. And if we get Azzi and Amari, it will simply be glorious! Lol

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hmmm Not yet?

Similar answer for ND in regards to Verhulst visiting the campus.

Can report that ND and Verhulst's USA backcourt mates Oliva Miles and Sonia Citron have "mutual interest": Miles visited ND in the summer on the way to a tourney in Indy; and, Citron has an offer from the Irish.
Will take a look for Citron in the stands at Fordham on Nov. 5th.

Will have a somewhat clearer picture after the 2020 situation finishes.

Reaction Score
It's possible I've missed this being posted, but in case it wasn't here's a more up-to-date video highlight of Nika Muhl. If she plays like this or better for us it's going to be really hard to keep her off the floor. The next couple of years are going to be a pleasure to watch. And if we get Azzi and Amari, it will simply be glorious! Lol

There is so much polish and nuance to her game! She sets up every pass or shot with a shoulder fake, head fake, look away, etc. She is going to be fun to watch!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I really enjoyed watching the European players in the last 2 World Cups, in Istanbul and Tenerife. They have players like Emma Meesseman, the 2019 WNBA Finals MVP. Nika will be a joy to watch.

If we hadn't gotten Paige, I would have been thrilled that we got an excellent PG in Nika. But we have them both. Don't turn your head when she is on the floor, or you will miss a highlight like those provided by Moriah. The ball movement with Nika and Paige will be dazzling. They will have finishers that include Megan, Christyn, Olivia, Anna, Aaliyah, Mir, and Saylor. Hopefully, Azzi will be added to that list. She's the best finisher since Maya.

Reaction Score
22 points, 22 rebounds for Awak Kuier yesterday.

I guess that's a double-double-double-double.
Sluconn it seems that you're very high on Kuier. Can you talk a little bit more about her strengths compared the other players UCONN is targeting. It seems most want and believe Deberry will come to Storrs, but you seem to be higher on Kuier.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sluconn it seems that you're very high on Kuier. Can you talk a little bit more about her strengths compared the other players UCONN is targeting. It seems most want and believe Deberry will come to Storrs, but you seem to be higher on Kuier.

From what I've seen--highlights only--she seems to be a much more athletic, more coordinated Breanna Stewart. And her development curve appears enormous. It's taken her about two years to go from a post player to an all-around player who is now hitting threes.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From what I've seen--highlights only--she seems to be a much more athletic, more coordinated Breanna Stewart. And her development curve appears enormous. It's taken her about two years to go from a post player to an all-around player who is now hitting threes.

Guessing you are extrapolating Stewie back to her High School form??

Reaction Score
If you Google her, there’s a USA Today video of her jamming a two hand reverse dunk. Freakish athleticism.

Reaction Score

I think we are going to move into a time reminiscent of DT and Maria Conlon where Paige plays the DT role and Nika plays the Maria Conlon role. It's going to be great pretty basketball!!!!!

Reaction Score

Quick, decisive, and no hesitation with the ball. Her footwork and body control is phenomenal. If a degree isn't important to her she probably is too good to spend time playing college ball. She's the best big at her age I've seen in many years, including Stewart. AT HER AGE NOW. The mobility plus the post setup and moves are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom