October non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
To compare with the most hectic, frantic, and desperate collegiate recruiting process - college football recruiting - there are many programs who allow a prospect who committed to them to enjoy their recruiting process and take officials to other programs on those programs' dime. Their reasoning being that they want prospects to come into their programs who truly and fully want to be there, and know they do.

There are still others who think along the lines of your thinking, and tell prospects to wait to commit to them (if they want to) until AFTER taking those officials, OR if they had already publicly committed, to withdraw their commitment if they still want to take officials to other programs, and wait until after visiting to decide if they wish to re-commit. Those programs will tell the prospect, "hey, if you're still looking around, then we'll still look around as well, and if there are other prospects that fill your position of need that we like as much who wants to go ahead and pick us and shut it down, then we won't guarantee to you that we won't go ahead and let them take your scholarship spot while you're still looking around".

That may not be the case with collegiate basketball recruiting, as there are so much fewer top-rated prospects to pick and choose from than with collegiate football. But in THIS case, please remember that Watkins' commitment - if it exists - to us is a "silent" commitment, meaning it's pretty much not a legit official commitment to us yet, and therefore that could free Ashlyn up to continue her recruitment process with other programs until she makes it official.

The ONLY reason why we're even contemplating that Watkins has committed to South Carolina in the first place, is because of some tweet Dawn Staley put out back in June that doesn't (and by rules cannot) even name Watkins as that "birdie", while Watkins has officially committed to nothing, so I don't see how her continuing to make sure she makes the best decision for herself should be considered "a bad look"......
Could the birdie have flown out of the nest? Or maybe it was a 2023 birdie.

Reaction Score
I would like to remind people that Emma Risch and KK Arnold visited USC, I believe only a day or two before the birdie tweet. Not saying it's either one of them but it's seems a decent possibility it could be one of them. Mostly likely Risch of the two since she hasn't said much since the tweet besides thanking some schools for their offers, whereas Arnold had released a top 12 immediately afterwards.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
2023 6-4 Amanda Muse, espnW #24:

I kinda like seeing that purple W among the usual suspects.

Wait a minute, a cut list that includes UCLA but not Arizona? I didn't think that was possible.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Fellow
2023 6-4 Amanda Muse, espnW #24:

ND has mutual interest with three Cal Stars: Muse, Cunningham and Sofia Bell.
Unusual to see the Irish perusing West Coast talent as much as here: they're usually a "Route 80" team, more or less (NJ until Illinois, with a few exceptions). Stay tuned.

Last edited:

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Fellow

ND has mutual interest with three Cal Stars: Muse, Cunningham and Sofia Bell.
Unusual to see the Irish perusing West Coast talent as much as here: they're usually a "Route 80" team, more or less (NJ until Illinois, with a few exceptions). Stay tuned.
Maybe they noticed I-80 runs all the way to California. ;-)

Reaction Score
I would like to remind people that Emma Risch and KK Arnold visited USC, I believe only a day or two before the birdie tweet. Not saying it's either one of them but it's seems a decent possibility it could be one of them. Mostly likely Risch of the two since she hasn't said much since the tweet besides thanking some schools for their offers, whereas Arnold had released a top 12 immediately afterwards.

Some prospects have named USC in their list of final schools. Some prospects have even hesitated to even name a final listing.

And still other prospects have named their final listings that cut certain schools from the list. Arnold is one of these prospects that cut USC from her final list of schools. We won't be getting KK Arnold.....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Some prospects have named USC in their list of final schools. Some prospects have even hesitated to even name a final listing.

And still other prospects have named their final listings that cut certain schools from the list. Arnold is one of these prospects that cut USC from her final list of schools. We won't be getting KK Arnold.....
When did Arnold release her final list?

Reaction Score
Don’t believe she has. She hasn’t yet cut down her list of 12.

Also Emma Risch posted a tweet on her visit to South Carolina earlier on the same day as Dawn posted the birdie tweet (June 26). One of the pics had KK Arnold together with her and Dawn. Arnold tweeted about her UOV to SC three days later.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Don’t believe she has. She hasn’t yet cut down her list of 12.

Also Emma Risch posted a tweet on her visit to South Carolina earlier on the same day as Dawn posted the birdie tweet (June 26). One of the pics had KK Arnold together with her and Dawn. Arnold tweeted about her UOV to SC three days later.
That’s what I was thinking.

Reaction Score

How do you know that Arnold has dropped SC?

Reaction Score

I thought I saw a month or two ago where she further narrowed her finalists again, and we were dropped, but trying to retrace my steps I cannot find anything on it. I could've gotten confused between her and Shade, but who knows. It would be good to continue to be in the hunt for her services.....

Reaction Score
A poster on a South Carolina message board said Arnold was the birdie. If she is committed to South Carolina, what are the chances of Fulwiley landing there as well?

Reaction Score
A poster on a South Carolina message board said Arnold was the birdie. If she is committed to South Carolina, what are the chances of Fulwiley landing there as well?
A would trust that VERY little.

I would be more inclined to believe that Fulwiley is the secret birdie but I base that on nothing other than Fulwiley being a hometown gal.

Getting them both would seem very duplicative. But Dawn has run two point guards together , so I wouldnt rule out the possibility completely.

Reaction Score
Many think the birdie was Watkins. I think we will find out very soon if that were the case. Ashley takes her OV to Columbia this weekend and I think she's supposed to "commit" some time in November. I have seen Ashley many times at a SC game over the past 3 or 4 years so I'll be really surprised if she's not a Gamecock.

Reaction Score
IDK the chances, but I don’t think an Arnold commitment precludes Fulwiley from coming to SC. Two PG backcourts are the norm at SC so an Arnold/Fulwiley duo would fit right in with what Dawn has utilized in the past. I’ve read some who floated that Fulwiley would best be used more off the ball a la Zia Cooke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom