OC Requirements/Job Posting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OC Requirements/Job Posting

Reaction Score
I’m not expressing an opinion on him, just that it wouldn’t shock me since Randy hired him previously
FWIW, Maryland fans will tell you Locksley was forced on Edsall because of his DMV ties

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He was forced to hire him by Kevin Anderson because of Locksley's recruiting ties to the Baltimore/Washington DC area.

Had no idea. Good info.

Reaction Score
Only a few hundred coordinators out there with 5....better yet 7 years experience.
Maybe so. But it eliminates a lot of unrealistic speculation mentioned here. DO for instance. Others considered boy geniuses or young up and comers as well.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there is. Five years minimum, seven preferred.
Only a few hundred coordinators out there with 5....better yet 7 years experience.
This is directly from the job posting:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Seven years of experience as a football coach at the collegiate and/or professional level.

It only mentions football coach experience. There is nothing in the above information I copied and pasted from the actual job posting that mentions OC experience. It also does eliminate DO from the job due to him not having the years of coaching experience listed.

Reaction Score
It only mentions football coach experience. There is nothing in the above information I copied and pasted from the actual job posting that mentions OC experience. It also does eliminate DO from the job due to him not having the years of coaching experience listed.
At the collegiate and/or professional level. Agreed, does not have to have coordinator experience. I would guess that it is unlikely they will hire someone without OC experience, though. It might be at the FCS level, but I doubt a position coach would get the job.

Reaction Score
This is directly from the job posting:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Seven years of experience as a football coach at the collegiate and/or professional level.

if we get an OC that's never been an OC then I'm going to be pissed

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I dont believe this link is behind the paywall. Among Rutty's final candidates - the current UNH OC. Yep, a candidate without G5 or P5 experience.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
They had a really good team this year. High level FCS is legit, I'd def take an OC from a good FCS team
I'm with you....but some think its crazy or just doesn't happen.

Reaction Score
Anyone else think Dave Benedict has a say in this hire?! Or is this solely an Edsall hire?

Reaction Score
Anyone else think Dave Benedict has a say in this hire?! Or is this solely an Edsall hire?
I want Benedict involved. In hope we don't return to a ball control scheme in this league. This is basically the big 12 lite. Need to score to win.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think Toledo guy is a good fit. Was hearing Yale OC but unless he has previous FBS/NFL experience he’s out.

Rich Rod

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We did it last year with Crocker.

Reaction Score

Chip Kelly from UNH OC to Oregon OC and 2 years later Oregon Head Coach.

If you are UConn, you want to hire someone with experience designing and running an offense and calling plays. You are not going to be able to hire a successful P5 OC, but you can hire a successful G5 or FCS OC. Personally, I would like to hire a currently successful OC to replace Lashlee and not a retread.

Reaction Score
Robert Prince seems to fit the job posting. NFL, FBS, plus he has been a QB coach and OC both a must since he will do both jobs.

Reaction Score
He has never been a QB coach...RE filled the 10th Asst spot with a full time special teams coach so whom ever he tries as OC is going to be coaching the QB's like Rhett did.

Prince was a OC/QB coach at Portland State and Atlanta Falcons QB assistant in 2006.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want Benedict involved. In hope we don't return to a ball control scheme in this league. This is basically the big 12 lite. Need to score to win.

No way DB should have any say this time around other than salary. I would expect RE to quit on the spot if DB overruled his choice. No worries though, I think RE is committed to the spread offense. No fullbacks on this team.

I always thought RE strength was knowing how to surround himself with good coaches. He is the complete opposite of Diaco.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom