Obsession | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Boeheim and his entire crew should have been shown the door for turning a blind eye to the Fine atrocities. But that would get in the way of winning basketball games.

You mean the incident with no proof that never happened? What else do you got for me?[/quote]
Didn't really want to respond to this thread cause I don't hate Syracuse, but do you really think nothing happened? Really? And when you say 'the incident' do you really think it is just one?

Trying to sell stolen laptops sucks no doubt and I'm embarrassed that players for my team did that - but is that nearly as bad as the stuff you seem to be denying? And you aren't embarrassed by that? For Real?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't really want to respond to this thread cause I don't hate Syracuse, but do you really think nothing happened? Really? And when you say 'the incident' do you really think it is just one?

Trying to sell stolen laptops sucks no doubt and I'm embarrassed that players for my team did that - but is that nearly as bad as the stuff you seem to be denying? And you aren't embarrassed by that? For Real?

I'm embarrassed you don't hate Syracuse J.

Reaction Score
Theres the same amount of SU threads here as well lol. Glass houses guys, glass houses. Get used to looking at those banners because its never going to change. In 100 years you will still have 3. You guys are a sinking ship in a dead end conference .
My God you are truly pathetic. For being such an "irrelevant program" you and your fellow bag fruit fans sure do enjoy talking about us...constantly, to the point you even fell the need come over here to tell us. The insecurity and jealously of cuse fans is quite comical.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed you don't hate Syracuse J.
Weird how the quotes aren't working correctly, but whatever....

There are lots of things to hate in this world (PETA, Obamacare), Syracuse Basketball with no comparison to our accomplishments doesn't rise to hate.

Reaction Score
They have some of the most annoying fans in any sport but they are hard to hate because they are so lacking in any accomplishments.. Even this year I would say they are the best team in the country right now but nobody actually thinks they will cut down the nets.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Well guys its been fun. Gotta gomeet Nate Miles out for drinks. Ill be rooting for you to lose in the NIT championship game. Take care.

Wait... Before you go I got you a t-shirt

image.jpg

Reaction Score
It is times like these that I like to imagine a pick up court where all 3 of our national championship teams come to play. Only two can be out there at once, so they have to shoot for it to see who gets to play, and then the third team has to get "next". Game to 11, by ones, win by two - but maybe cap it at 15, since they could go on for a while.

Don't know about you, but I'd pay to watch that. Ricky guarding Kemba? Rashad and Lamb trading big threes? The big to big double on Okafor? Great hoops!

Reaction Score
Look, I hate Syracuse with a burning passion, but glancing over at the Syracuse board every once in a while, and then returning here, the whole thing just seems ridiculous. It's not the hatred that's ridiculous. It's the fact that we don't play anymore, and more ridiculously, the fact that some of us (most of these people are SU fans, but there are some over here, too) pretend that we don't want to play. I get that there is a level of contempt that doesn't exist to the same extent in other rivalries, but still, there is an electricity to Syracuse-UConn games that the manufactured BS in the ACC doesn't provide. Syracuse fans can thumb their nose at the supposedly irrelevant mid-major we've become, and pretend that we're just another opponent on the schedule that's not worth the time of day, but Villanova and Providence don't provoke the spontaneous reactions of hostility and bitterness that UConn does over there. I took a ton of satisfaction in sending Syracuse to the ACC with a loss, and I bet they took equal satisfaction in sweeping the defending national champs the year before. If we happen to meet in the tournament this season, it will be as exhilarating - one way or the other - as any sporting event could ever be, and it would be that way because of a deep-rooted history that a couple of "beat Duke" t-shirts just can't replicate. Hell, Louisville and Kentucky managed to figure it out, and that rivalry might carry even more vitriol than this one. Stop 100 neutral college basketball fans in the street, and 98 of them will tell you Syracuse and UConn should play. It's really that simple. /rant

caw

Reaction Score
Look, I hate Syracuse with a burning passion, but glancing over at the Syracuse board every once in a while, and then returning here, the whole thing just seems ridiculous. It's not the hatred that's ridiculous. It's the fact that we don't play anymore, and more ridiculously, the fact that some of us (most of these people are SU fans, but there are some over here, too) pretend that we don't want to play. I get that there is a level of contempt that doesn't exist to the same extent in other rivalries, but still, there is an electricity to Syracuse-UConn games that the manufactured BS in the ACC doesn't provide. Syracuse fans can thumb their nose at the supposedly irrelevant mid-major we've become, and pretend that we're just another opponent on the schedule that's not worth the time of day, but Villanova and Providence don't provoke the spontaneous reactions of hostility and bitterness that UConn does over there. I took a ton of satisfaction in sending Syracuse to the ACC with a loss, and I bet they took equal satisfaction in sweeping the defending national champs the year before. If we happen to meet in the tournament this season, it will be as exhilarating - one way or the other - as any sporting event could ever be, and it would be that way because of a deep-rooted history that a couple of "beat Duke" t-shirts just can't replicate. Hell, Louisville and Kentucky managed to figure it out, and that rivalry might carry even more vitriol than this one. Stop 100 neutral college basketball fans in the street, and 98 of them will tell you Syracuse and UConn should play. It's really that simple. /rant

Probably true.

It is understandable that neither wants to play on the others campus. Neither is a recruiting hotbed. Also there is no way either school would agree to anything less than equal billing.

It is funny an agreement to play in MSG or Barclays yearly couldn't be worked out. They play SJU and UConn will likely play someone yearly in the city. None of those games would bring the juice to random viewers that UConn/Cuse would.

As to the idiot Cuse fan in this thread, I seem to remember a thread awhile back saying how rude and abusive Gampel was and how the Dome was never like that. I think Duke fans (who are abhorrent) would say the Dome was a smoldering pile of feces. Not only the fans but even security guards get in on the abuse up there.

Reaction Score
Well guys its been fun. Gotta go meet Nate Miles out for drinks. Ill be rooting for you to lose in the NIT championship game. Take care.

That was a very smart time to leave you were looking like more of an idiot than you probably are……..I was going to have drinks with Andre Hawkins but he instead opted for seats right behind the Villanova cheerleaders!;)

Reaction Score
I heard that the main hallway of the Melo center has framed pictures of all Syracuse alumni who played in the NBDL. ....... and one of Johnny Flynn, who plays in Australia.

Reaction Score
I heard that the main hallway of the Melo center has framed pictures of all Syracuse alumni who played in the NBDL. .. and one of Johnny Flynn, who plays in Australia.

That's not fair they go in so prepared from playing that swarming 2-3 zone……be nice djct

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That's not fair they go in so prepared from playing that swarming 2-3 zone……be nice djct
Carmelo plays good D...or on second thought he doesn't play the game of basketball at all. He plays the game "let's see how many points by myself I can score." Defense is not allowed in that game. Either is passing.

Reaction Score
Let's be as honest as we can be………they had Dave Bing, maybe Bouie and Louie and Carmello…..sprinkle in some Leo Rautins, Stevie Thompson and a few other s and what you get is a bunch of high % winning seasons with very little to show for it……..very little! Whether they like it or not UConn carried their butts from basically 90 on, was a better program and rose to the nations elite while they continued to hammer the likes of LeMoyne (oh no they beat them), Vermont (oh sorry), Cornell, Colgate, Binghampton, Uitca etc etc and exit tourneys early and ruin brackets for fans across the country……..the reason they post is they still want to achieve what UConn has over the past 20 plus years and they won't. They will continue to annually win their 25-30 games and then fall flat on their faces - why? because they are Syracuse and that's JB and the gang………they are very fortunate the ACC is on a very "off" year as Duke, UNC, NC State and others really basically suck this year so they will achieve greatness and numerous tee shirt awards during the regular season………man that tee shirt shop must be happy they moved so close to irrelevance……anyway then the NCAA tourney will arrive and the Orange will depart…….just another year in Ny state for the actual dumbest and most jealous fans on earth! Love it……they suck!

As you can see by our recruiting we are UConn and will continue to be. Also we are fortunate our team will move on in the tourney more often than not and achieve titles unknown to anyone not named Carmello up there……..doesn't matter what conference UConn is in. We are in good hands with KO, can't wait for Hopkins to step in - you want irrelevance? Hahaha

Reaction Score
Theres the same amount of SU threads here as well lol. Glass houses guys, glass houses. Get used to looking at those banners because its never going to change. In 100 years you will still have 3. You guys are a sinking ship in a dead end conference .
That's what I love about you guys. No matter how many times your predictions about UCONN basketball are epic fails, you still have 100% confidence your next prediction will be correct. I guess it comes along with being dim witted.

And next time could you please talk about how the only reason we have 3 titles and you have 1 is because we got super easy draws and you had to play really, really hard teams. And if you had our draws you would also have 3. That's my favorite of the Cuse "greatest hits".

Oh, and maybe you could throw in how you lost in the sweet 16 but would have won the championship FOR SURE if Arinze Onuaku hadn't gotten injured. That is yet another classic.

Reaction Score
frankly, they are the worst.

7 threads about boneyard posts. I wish we did not even have this one, but at least my yearly reminder to never visit that wasteland of a forum again is out of the way.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It is times like these that I like to imagine a pick up court where all 3 of our national championship teams come to play. Only two can be out there at once, so they have to shoot for it to see who gets to play, and then the third team has to get "next". Game to 11, by ones, win by two - but maybe cap it at 15, since they could go on for a while.

Don't know about you, but I'd pay to watch that. Ricky guarding Kemba? Rashad and Lamb trading big threes? The big to big double on Okafor? Great hoops!

You're not wrong. That Melo team never beat UConn, never took a lead either. Luckiest draw in years.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
I have to admit, I'm with ya. They have a certain, I don't know what that, makes them impressive. Somehow they defy the odds and win more games than they should year after year. Sort of like Butler, only Butler plays in a historic Mecca for basketball, so you'd expend them to be good. Syracuse has no reason to be a consistent Sweet 16 team sticking a basketball floor on a giant lacrosse field in the middle of nowhere. I know what it is - they have grit. America loves that in their underdogs.

I have a man crush in nyhuskyfan

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought this thread was going to be about the Calvin Klein fragrance.
Sadly it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom