Obi Melifonwu in Matt Miller's 5 Names to Know | The Boneyard

Obi Melifonwu in Matt Miller's 5 Names to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3. S Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut

A true sleeper at safety, Obi Melifonwu has the intelligence, range, tackling skills and leadership to be a starter in the NFL right out of the gate. He's gaining steam on my board (Round 3) and only rising with each viewing.

The Senior Bowl is a great chance for Melifonwu to showcase his ability to track the ball and play in true deep zones. An athletic freak, he has a great stage to shine in Mobile, Alabama, with all 32 teams watching his practices and play. With a big week there, look for Melifonwu to move into my top 75 or higher.

Full article here.

Reaction Score
Things seemed to click for Obi this year. Sure he got burned a few times, but, at least to me, he seemed to be way more disciplined on the field

Reaction Score
Maybe Edsall can flip his brother from the Syracuse commit. Obi potentially earning a few million in the NFL could be an eye opener. Edsall should also take a shot at Fatukasi's brother who committed to Rutgers.

It has always bothered me that the younger Melifonwu and the younger Fatukasi both decided to pass on UConn. It can either be blamed on a head coach that did not connect with the families or simply the AAC vs. the ACC for Melinfonwu and the B1G for Fatukasi. I lean toward a combo of the two factors. FHCBD talked a lot about the team being a family, but I don't think the feeling was mutual on either the team or the extended families.

Reaction Score
Maybe Edsall can flip his brother from the Syracuse commit. Obi potentially earning a few million in the NFL could be an eye opener. Edsall should also take a shot at Fatukasi's brother who committed to Rutgers.

It has always bothered me that the younger Melifonwu and the younger Fatukasi both decided to pass on UConn. It can either be blamed on a head coach that did not connect with the families or simply the AAC vs. the ACC for Melinfonwu and the B1G for Fatukasi. I lean toward a combo of the two factors. FHCBD talked a lot about the team being a family, but I don't think the feeling was mutual on either the team or the extended families.

Don't underestimate the need/desire to walk their own path coupled w/ the P5 pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom