Obama says UCONN wins! | The Boneyard

Obama says UCONN wins!

HGN

Reaction Score
I don't think Barack Obama knows anybody else name but Uconn. I believe that President Barack Obama was the first president to have an NCAA team be NCAA Champion 4 straight years during their 4 yr term and administration.

So he might pick the Huskies out of shear habit...:)

HGN

Reaction Score
Just like the rest of us...;)
It's not a habit with me.......I pick them because it's logical , makes sense , they're the best team , and the only right and reasonable choice.

So what's wrong with that ?:cool:

JS

Reaction Score
This thread was temporarily closed for repairs. Once again, please read the Rules at the top of the page -- No Politics.

It is not prohibited politics for someone to post the former President's picks. We had such threads for four years, and they required a little policing here or there, but turned out OK.

This time the result has been different, much for the worse. Polarization or not, our Rules remain the same. They won't change on account of the political climate.

We had some blatantly political responses in this thread by people who should know better, including one who received a prior warning about politics.

As information, we have issued two temporary bans -- until April 1 -- and two warnings. There are more where those came from.

You want to discuss the bracket, hopefully good-naturedly, feel free. You want to discuss your political opinions, hie to the Cesspool.

The thread is now open.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After Obama picked Princeton a few years ago to make the FF I have my suspicions about his acumen in this area. Yeah, he was siding with his wife at the time, but still. Nevertheless we all hope he's right this time.

JordyG

Reaction Score
This thread was temporarily closed for repairs. Once again, please read the Rules at the top of the page -- No Politics.

It is not prohibited politics for someone to post the former President's picks. We had such threads for four years, and they required a little policing here or there, but turned out OK.

This time the result has been different, much for the worse. Polarization or not, our Rules remain the same. They won't change on account of the political climate.

We had some blatantly political responses by people who should know better, including one who received a prior warning about politics.

As information, we have issued two temporary bans -- until April 1 -- and two warnings. There are more where those came from.

You want to discuss the bracket, hopefully good-naturedly, feel free. You want to discuss your political opinions, hie to the Cesspool.

The thread is now open.
Even The Boneyard is not immune. Thanks for the clean up.

Reaction Score
After Obama picked Princeton a few years ago to make the FF I have my suspicions about his acumen in this area. Yeah, he was siding with his wife at the time, but still. Nevertheless we all hope he's right this time.
He has a habit of tossing in one underdog, so in retrospect, that made sense.

Reaction Score
He picked all the #1 teams in the final 4. He didn’t do his homework

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And Michelle Obama's niece was at Princeton at the time, so it was understood.
His wife and brother-in-law went there, and his niece was attending at the time. I think it was a sentimental pick more than a logical one.

Relative to other presidents, Obama is a big hoops fan and fairly knowledgeable about the sport. Certainly, once he met Geno and got to know of the UConn accomplishments, he tended to pick UConn. I think he picked Baylor in 2012 and/or 2013, because of Griner, which was a reasonable pick.

Obama also has joked about the number of times Maya has visited—with UConn, the Lynx, and Team USA. I think the guards know Maya by sight.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly he didn't pick Baylor to the FF ...

JordyG

Reaction Score
I believe that Trump declined to participate last year, so the best we have are tweets from a former President.
Please don't vote for me as president. I'd be picking Super Bowls, MMA contests, the NCAA's men and women, baseball, hockey, you name it. It would be sad.

Reaction Score
I think Obama even had a hoop installed at the White House. There's a picture of Gardler shooting with Obama and the rest of the team watching during one of the White House visits.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Obama even had a hoop installed at the White House. There's a picture of Gardler shooting with Obama and the rest of the team watching during one of the White House visits.
Obama used to regularly play pickup basketball games at the WH. I guess they got pretty intense. One of his assistants was an ex-Dukie, and Arnie Duncan, his Education Secretary, was a pretty decent college player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom