NYT: Those Who Stayed With UConn Helped Save It | The Boneyard

NYT: Those Who Stayed With UConn Helped Save It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So when's the scandal story breaking? I know yahoo is holding something back. Maybe they'll wait till the sweet 16 to run the "giffey is a racist story".

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
A wonderful article. Thanks for posting it.

Reaction Score
short and sweet....to the point. Very nice.

Thanks for sharing this 8893.

Now lets take care of business tonight.

Reaction Score
Great article, perfectly written. They will make GREAT alumni-ambassadors for the University (not that they aren't great ambassadors already!).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So when's the scandal story breaking? I know yahoo is holding something back. Maybe they'll wait till the sweet 16 to run the "giffey is a racist story".

Now you've done it. Some blowhard journo will approach Giffey and mention that he saw "Giffey is a racist" on the BY and ask if he is a racist and does he have any comment. Giffey will say something like, "That's nonsense," in response. And the journo will publish a story noting that Giffey didn't specifically deny it, therefore it must be true.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
storrsroars said:
Now you've done it. Some blowhard journo will approach Giffey and mention that he saw "Giffey is a racist" on the BY and ask if he is a racist and does he have any comment. Giffey will say something like, "That's nonsense," in response. And the journo will publish a story noting that Giffey didn't specifically deny it, therefore it must be true.

If I could like this multiple times I would.

Great article.

Let's take care if business tonight!!

Reaction Score
They did undersell Roscoe's contributions a bit at UNLV (plus he still has a year left). But oh well - not like it makes us look bad.

Reaction Score
I think it worked out well for all. AO had a decent senior year and got drafted (though he will never see the NBA). And we didn't have to deal with his whiney last year. RS got another year to improve and might end up getting drafted. I do think he would have help us a lot this year. And MB was never a D1 player.

Reaction Score
RS left because he wanted to play the three. I saw several of UNLV games and RS was playing the four. Almost all his shots were either on the break, layups, or when he got a O board and a put back. Offensively UNLV was guard oriented and RS played a limited part of their O.

Reaction Score
The important thing isn't the opinion of the journalist. The important thing is that The New York Times covers our basketball program.
Don't you realize Cuse is New York's team and Rutgers delivers the New York market to their new league.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nice comment (Edward perhaps is a Boneyarder?) -

Edward Silverstein
Connecticut 11 minutes ago
It is time that either the ACC or the Big 10 realize the tremendous strength of the UConn sports and academic programs -- and let the college in as a full member. The move would bring a great fan base to either conference. UConn's fans are located in much of the metro New York region, as well as in much of New England. These are key for both the ACC's and the Big 10's demographic priorities. As its fans now cheer for UConn's success in the NCAA tournament and Kevin Ollie's brilliant coaching skills, the big picture is that either conference would benefit greatly from bringing the University of Connecticut on board.

Reaction Score
Now we must only say positive things about Olander?!? Shucks.

Reaction Score
Did they write stories about Rutgers or Syracuse today, too? No? I wonder why that is... Could it be because we are the college basketball team of NYC?

No, they are the college basketball team of the State of Connecticut. that isn't good enough for you?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great article
But I am just not getting this- NYT writing nice things about UConn and bad things about O'Blamo
What gives???

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No, they are the college basketball team of the State of Connecticut. that isn't good enough for you?
We are the collegiate athletic program of everything east of the Hudson River!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

No. It isn't. Because that doesn't get us into a major conference.

Reaction Score
No. It isn't. Because that doesn't get us into a major conference.

People focus so much on New York. New York will never be owned by anyone one. This is a city of eight million with no attachment to any team. They'll pick you up and drop you on the same day just like they do on Wall St. ... No loyalty in NYC guys. I live here and I know it. I said this before. This city is a melting pot, and everyone has a different team to root on.

Stick to Connecticut, keep marketing the team to the Connecticut fan base. Make sure every living creature that lives in Connecticut bleeds Connecticut blue. That's were your loyal fan base is, and there is definitely room for improvement. You got 3.5 million people in a tiny dense state. Enough to pack a 70k Rent every Saturday. Owning New York is an illusion

Reaction Score
People focus so much on New York. New York will never be owned by anyone one. This is a city of eight million with no attachment to any team. They'll pick you up and drop you on the same day just like they do on Wall St. ... No loyalty in NYC guys. I live here and I know it. I said this before. This city is a melting pot, and everyone has a different team to root on.

Stick to Connecticut, keep marketing the team to the Connecticut fan base. Make sure every living creature that lives in Connecticut bleeds Connecticut blue. That's were your loyal fan base is, and there is definitely room for improvement. You got 3.5 million people in a tiny dense state. Enough to pack a 70k Rent every Saturday. Owning New York is an illusion

No, numnuts, what is idiotic is setting forth a false dichotomy between (i) owning NYC, and (ii) popularity in NYC not mattering. We won't ever "own" the New York market. But the New York market is huge enough that mattering in it -- being a factor in it --is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom