NY Post's Steve Serby Q&A With Shabazz | The Boneyard

NY Post's Steve Serby Q&A With Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Q: What do you want your legacy at UConn to be?

A: I just want people to know that no matter what happened, I gave ’em my best. I don’t want to be known for stats. I want to be known for a great person, someone who believed in this university, someone who was loyal, someone who just gave ’em my all.

Well I think he is pretty safe with this answer no matter what happens!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

A: I just want people to know that no matter what happened, I gave ’em my best. I don’t want to be known for stats. I want to be known for a great person, someone who believed in this university, someone who was loyal, someone who just gave ’em my all.

You beat me to it patrick.

I was going to reply with:

"We know you gave us your all Bazz and thank you for that!".

Reaction Score

This……

When it comes down to it all, this kid won a NC then had a real tough soph year due to both his own misgivings and his teammates……yet he endured, stayed LOYAL, put his coaches, teammates, fans and university ahead of himself. The fact he parlayed some unbelievable basketball skill to this makes it even more precious but he turned out to be special in so many ways, ……...so many ways. If he's not one of, or the favorite Husky of all time you're missing the boat. And although Giff and Tyler may not be Bazz on the court, the fact they endured too puts them in a special place. These guys were important in a huge way to KO and the new beginning!!

Reaction Score
We are incredibly lucky he chose UConn. He is exactly what we needed to get us through the last couple of years.

Reaction Score
I do think he'll be a great coach. He'll be part of the UConn tree after he finishes playing ball:cool:

Reaction Score
I do think he'll be a great coach. He'll be part of the UConn tree after he finishes playing ball:cool:
I could definitely see him assistant coaching under Ollie and then becoming the Calhoun for a weak Boston or any Massachusetts school, BC, BU, UMass, take your pick

Reaction Score
I could definitely see him assistant coaching under Ollie and then becoming the Calhoun for a weak Boston or any Massachusetts school, BC, BU, UMass, take your pick

Using a stock analogy...many are under the belief draft stock is in "hold" mode based on various characteristics out of your control (height ect...). This venue MSG with the brightest of lights coupled with a Final4 birth on the line could solidify Bazz in the 1st round of the NBA draft. His stock could soar $ IF UConn find its way out of NYC with nets around their necks regardless of personal stats. Leadership is such a strong intangible.

Reaction Score
Shabazz's description of Calhoun's motivational style could not be more spot on...

Reaction Score
Using a stock analogy...many are under the belief draft stock is in "hold" mode based on various characteristics out of your control (height ect...). This venue MSG with the brightest of lights coupled with a Final4 birth on the line could solidify Bazz in the 1st round of the NBA draft. His stock could soar $ IF UConn find its way out of NYC with nets around their necks regardless of personal stats. Leadership is such a strong intangible.
Oh absolutely, and with the Knicks in need of a PG, Shabazz could play legendary this weekend and that alone could seal his NBA fate. Unfortunately the Knicks seem to have no first round picks, maybe he gets a promise from them and doesn't work out for anyone... I'm sure Boston would be his choice but they don't need PGs right now

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From the beginning of last season my hope for Bazz' NBA future has been to be drafted by the Spurs. He could back up Parker while he learns the ropes and take over in a few years. I believe he would thrive in that system.

Reaction Score
Wow that was a good interview. Ran the gambit in terms of topics but really showed Napier's true character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom