NY Liberty Press Conference on Stokes and Cash | The Boneyard

NY Liberty Press Conference on Stokes and Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have always respected Bill - hated him as a player as most fans of any other team did - but I respected the way he maximized what he had and got into the heads of opponents and especially opponents fans. And he was the first NBA type to really take the women's game seriously. He built Detroit into a championship team, and while the relationship soured, he and Swin worked well enough together that she is back with him in NY.

I find his analysis of Stokes interesting and NY obviously really wanted her. I hope it works out well and I will follow her pro career with real interest.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I have always respected Bill - hated him as a player as most fans of any other team did - but I respected the way he maximized what he had and got into the heads of opponents and especially opponents fans. And he was the first NBA type to really take the women's game seriously. He built Detroit into a championship team, and while the relationship soured, he and Swin worked well enough together that she is back with him in NY.

I find his analysis of Stokes interesting and NY obviously really wanted her. I hope it works out well and I will follow her pro career with real interest.

I definitely hated him as a player, especially at Notre Dame. But I can forgive a lot if he does well with Kiah.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
From Wiki:

In 2012, Laimbeer returned to the WNBA to become the head coach and general manager of the New York Liberty, replacing John Whisenant.[6] He quickly returned to his pugnacious ways, drawing a fine for saying Minnesota Lynx player Maya Moore "should get hurt" for playing late into a game in which the Lynx easily defeated the Liberty.[7]

Reaction Score
From Wiki:

In 2012, Laimbeer returned to the WNBA to become the head coach and general manager of the New York Liberty, replacing John Whisenant.[6] He quickly returned to his pugnacious ways, drawing a fine for saying Minnesota Lynx player Maya Moore "should get hurt" for playing late into a game in which the Lynx easily defeated the Liberty.[7]
With all the UConn players around the league, good luck finding one that's going to be willing to hurt their friend just because a coach wants to act like a child.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From Wiki:

I wish Kiah, Tina & Swin the best, but Laimbeer is dead to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom