Now its going to be awfully tuff for UConn to lose | The Boneyard

Now its going to be awfully tuff for UConn to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With the recent verbal's and those kids UConn is still waiting on for verbal's we've got something here that continues to get better every season. The game isn't about one player its about the team and with Geno its all about the team. I've said it before UConn Womens BB team is an opportunity with a personal development program attached to it. At UConn Winning is about the little things, like less turnovers, like passing, like defense, like being unselfish and more defense and more defense which leads to offense and I believe last season UConn averaged 33% of their points from defense. We are at a very special place with UConn WCBB. Opposing coaches say UConn is the standard and it is. To get to where Geno is with UConn is going to take opposing coaches a very long time. Geno didn't get lucky over nite. Geno didn't get to where he is over nite. It took years. Disicpline, and accepting what your taught are tuff to teach. Breaking your bad habits and being willing to do things correctly are very tuff. As coaches you've got to stay on your players about it all the time.

This group has the right attitude. When you have two of your top players on the bench, and your bench is short and your playing 3 of the top teams in the polls, 2 on the road and you beat them by an average of 18pts each that says something about where your at as a team and where your at mentally as a team.

This team has NC written all over it and for those recruits who haven't committed yet think hard about what you might be giving up by not coming to UConn. If they don't come they're shorting themselves on at least one NC and national fame. If your a great player you can be good playing almost anywhere. But playing for UConn you will be nationally known. Our roster for the next couple of years has NC written all over it at least once...and you know the way I think it will be every year. Obivously UConn will have to lose at some point which will make national headlines. But right now UConn is in position to do some special things in BB and those accomplishments may never be equaled. Those of you who think I'm a little over the top that's fine. I always reach for the moon and when I miss I will end up with the stars. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Tony C, I always injoy your insight. I really do think this team has a chance to break their own 90 game winning streak but like everyone else has said ,we need to stay heathly. Also getting Aja Wilson would not hurt. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
If Wilson signs and we can get by Duke next month with a short roster, do you think Saniya could possibly be the first player not to lose a game in her entire collegiate 4 year career ????

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If Wilson signs and we can get by Duke next month with a short roster, do you think Saniya could possibly be the first player not to lose a game in her entire collegiate 4 year career ????

Reaction Score
"Well, who on earth do you think you are ? A superstar ? Well right you are !!!!!"

Reaction Score
Or will our Sophs be the first to win 4NCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom