November Big East OOC thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

November Big East OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not saying the woman are not great shooters, great athletes or good basketball players and I am sure they are better basketball players than I ever was. I am saying they could not play against men and I am sure they say the same thing. I go to some D3 games and the UConn women would not have a chance against them. To think otherwise is delusional. I wish the fans of women's basketball would stop this nonsense.
My buddy who played D3 ball played with and against Taurasi when they were both a few years out of college. He was a good 6'2-6'3 D3 player on a really good D3 team. He's a humble guy, I asked him if he could beat Taurasi and he quickly said yes. He said she's very good but she wouldn't be able to play on his D3 team. Taurasi is considered the greatest female basketball player ever. It puts things in perspective.

It's bizarre someone would actually think some 5'10 UConn women's basketball player could play for any D1 men's team let alone make 100 or so D1 men's teams better than they are. I could see some 90 year old blue hair from CT. saying it with a straight face though.

Reaction Score
This has to be schtick. She wouldn't get a shot off and she'd foul out almost immediately on defense. She's an amazing player and a ton of fun to watch but there's just too big of a size and athleticism differential between the men's and women's games. There's just no point in comparing the two, let's just appreciate Azzi for how good she is without trying to make these absurd comparisons because it denigrates her abilities.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
My buddy who played D3 ball played with and against Taurasi when they were both a few years out of college. He was a good 6'2-6'3 D3 player on a really good D3 team. He's a humble guy, I asked him if he could beat Taurasi and he quickly said yes. He said she's very good but she wouldn't be able to play on his D3 team. Taurasi is considered the greatest female basketball player ever. It puts things in perspective.

It's bizarre someone would actually think some 5'10 UConn women's basketball player could play for any D1 men's team let alone make 100 or so D1 men's teams better than they are. I could see some 90 year old blue hair from CT. saying it with a straight face though.
'Taurasi is considered the greatest female basketball player ever.'
as if.
Breanna Stewart - Wikipedia

ur really, really bad at this.

Reaction Score
'Taurasi is considered the greatest female basketball player ever.'
as if.
Breanna Stewart - Wikipedia

ur really, really bad at this.
Go back to your super secret spy character, it was brutally bad but less pathetic than this...

WNBA's greatest players of all time: Ranking the 25 best in league history

Diana Taurasi voted by fans as WNBA's greatest player of all time | NBA.com

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Go back to your super secret spy character, it was brutally bad but less pathetic than this...

WNBA's greatest players of all time: Ranking the 25 best in league history

Diana Taurasi voted by fans as WNBA's greatest player of all time | NBA.com
that's nice. people vote on lots of stuff, sometimes right, sometimes wrong.
here are some recent vote things.
barfcoin.
metaverse.
disney.
they say that people vote with their wallets.
i think those who voted thumbs up on that stuff are now much poorer.

Reaction Score
Joel Soriano has 9 rebounds in like 7 minutes for St Johns against Nebraska. On pace for 50 rebounds.

Reaction Score
Nebraska is packing three guys in the paint on every possession. Playing Curbelo and Posh makes both of them worse.

Reaction Score
Lmao Curbelo hid and then stole the ball before Posh kneed it out of bounds.

Reaction Score
Nebraska’s handling isn’t very good 1 - 5. SJ taking full advantage now.

Reaction Score
I love Posh Alexander and on another team, Curbelo could be an electric guard, but two non-shooters in the backcourt will kill the ceiling for St. John’s.

Honestly, the team would be better w/ Addae-Wusu and Storr rotating in the backcourt w Posh and Mathis…have some combination of those two or three at all times, but that can’t happen with Curbelo on the team.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love the way Mike Anderson teams play defense. I love the aggressive offense, but after a while the paint gets crowded. Nothing wrong with an uncontested jump shot every now and then.

Reaction Score
I love Posh Alexander and on another team, Curbelo could be an electric guard, but two non-shooters in the backcourt will kill the ceiling for St. John’s.

Honestly, the team would be better w/ Addae-Wusu and Storr rotating in the backcourt w Posh and Mathis…have some combination of those two or three at all times, but that can’t happen with Curbelo on the team.

This is the second SJU game I've watched this year and they're a really bad team with a really good one-man offense in David Jones. So pretty much the same exact team as last year but add Posh and downgrade Champagnie

Reaction Score
Johnnies amped up the ball pressure and just destroyed Nebraska second half.

I don't know if they'll find enough shooting to be a tournament team but they're going to win a lot of games just with their defense.

I could see David Jones becoming an NBA player, that dude can ball.

Reaction Score
Nebraska imploded. Credit to St. John's for wearing them down and hitting some shots in the 2nd half. But also, Nebraska real bad.

Reaction Score
Did this production team just forget about Minnesota vs. Depaul? They didn't have anyone in the Depaul team in the best Gavitt players graphic (but had one from every winning B1G team) and just now the announcer said this would be the Big East's first victory.

Reaction Score
Did this production team just forget about Minnesota vs. Depaul? They didn't have anyone in the Depaul team in the best Gavitt players graphic (but had one from every winning B1G team) and just now the announcer said this would be the Big East's first victory.

To be fair it's very easy to forget about DePaul

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think St. Johns is great, but I don't know how anyone watches that game and reaches the conclusion that St. Johns is bad. St. Johns stomped a Big 10 team in the second half. Scoreboard.

Reaction Score
I believe StJohn’s is a better team this season than last

Soriano and transfer in David Jones are very good players. I have doubts about transfer in Cunello may be more sizzle than substance.

I can see the Johnnies making the NCAA this season.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Marquette and Creighton took care of business.

31-5 (2-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog