Notre Dame joins Big Ten for all athletics | The Boneyard

Notre Dame joins Big Ten for all athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SOUTH BEND — With the current landscape of college football in disarray, The University of Notre Dame has decided to end its independence and join the Big Ten Conference. Under condition of anonymity, a high-ranking Big Ten official has confirmed that the Fighting Irish have applied to join the conference, as early as the 2013 football season. "We have been waiting a long time for this," said the official.

Reaction Score
The timing of this would coincide with the timing of their decision on which hockey conference to join (hasn't been announced yet), where the Big 10 was an option.

Reaction Score
It's a spoof, not real, which is obvious by the wording

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is legit but it sure seems like some major announcements may be coming this weekend. UConn is going to be fine.

Reaction Score
I gonna call BS on this. This would be a huge story if it is true. I don't see anyone else reporting this.

Reaction Score
The article cites nd looking to join the ivy league and maintaining their rivalry with the coast guard.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yeah I say BS also. This from the article is hard to believe:

"The ACC declined interest in Notre Dame citing geographical concerns."

Reaction Score
I'm a member on the ND rivals premium board.....according to what's being said over there ND would prefer to join the ACC if forced into joining a conference.

Right now there is a not a single thread on ND joining any conference.

Reaction Score
I like the part where it says that they considered joining the Ivy League. Yeah, right....

Reaction Score
I heard that the Ivy League preferred BCU citing "compatibility" as the issue. After all, BCU has always referred to itself as the "Harvard of the Charles River"!

Reaction Score
Maybe in football...........maybe.

God knows they can't compete in the Ivy in hoops.

Reaction Score
SOUTH BEND — With the current landscape of college football in disarray, The University of Notre Dame has decided to end its independence and join the Big Ten Conference. Under condition of anonymity, a high-ranking Big Ten official has confirmed that the Fighting Irish have applied to join the conference, as early as the 2013 football season. "We have been waiting a long time for this," said the official.
Stop, ESPN and the national media would be all over it if this were true.
As an aside, this site changed BS to bulldarn. Bullpo would have been a better choice .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom