Notre Dame Dealing with Injuries | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Dealing with Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Exactly, we can compare.
I agree that comparisons are reasonable, as these 2 teams met last season in the Division 2 Sweet 16 last season, with Gannon winning 50-47 (LINK). However, I question what sort insight can possibly be gained by comparing how badly these overmatched teams were destroyed by 2 Division 1 titans.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Probably a smart idea by MM to give her team a little time to come together before hitting ACC play. Losing Diggins was a huge loss and they will need some time to learn to play together.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I agree that comparisons are reasonable, as these 2 teams met last season in the Division 2 Sweet 16 last season, with Gannon winning 50-47 (LINK). However, I question what sort insight can possibly be gained by comparing how badly these overmatched teams were destroyed by 2 Division 1 titans.

Insights? None, really.

Fun? Absolutely.

Reaction Score
Story in SBT in advance of ND's exhibition game this evening. Achonwa and Braker are definitely out, while McBride may be ready to play.
  • [ ]Natalie Achonwa has a torn meniscus and may miss 6-8 weeks but Muffet hoping she'll be back sooner (4-6 weeks) since the tear is small.
    [ ]Braker experiencing knee pain and hasn't done anything for 2 weeks.
    [ ]McBride sprained her ankle twice in the past 2 weeks.
Don't feel too bad for the Irish. An ND fan I correspond with told me yesterday that both McBride and Braker participated in a private scrimmage against Northwestern over the weekend. And that Anchonwa was spotted at the ND MBB game on Friday, doing a light jog up the aisle steps to meet a group of people. Obviously, the Irish are proceeding with caution with everything to lose and relatively nothing to gain for forcing players back too soon. Overall, it doesn't appear on the surface like any of these players are hurting too bad. If anything, the extra playing time for the freshman will benefit them in the long run more than anything.

Hope to see the Huskies and Irish hook up again this season in the Final Four...we know UConn will be there...ND, not so sure but definitely an Elite 8 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom