Notre Dame and ACC background discussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame and ACC background discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My understanding is the BCU AD blocked UCONN the last time around but that he's going to be gone soon. hopefully that is correct.
GDF is gone as of September 30, and any equity he had in the ACC negotiating room was long gone during this process, he is not well respected on his own campus, much less by the other ACC presidents/AD's.

Reaction Score
Uconn will be in the ACC, but will probably have to wait until ND's contract with NBC is up in 2015. I think then the ACC will push ND into the conference as a full time member.

Until then Uconn has to start saving some cash for the new exit fee, I'm sure Aresco will be able to get some type of TV deal, but without ND, it's going to be much less. ESPN is certainly pulling some strings here. Uconn to the ACC may be much sooner if the BE does not get a good TV deal, the BE doesn't have a big bowl game tie in.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Uconn to the ACC may be much sooner if the BE does not get a good TV deal, the BE doesn't have a big bowl game tie in.

While I hope what you say is correct and I agree with most of it...I don't see how the Big East getting a bad contract will expediate the ACC expanding. It's not like UConn is the one holding out on the ACC here.

Reaction Score
Will the ACC wait for ND to join in football just like the BE did for 17 contentious years? Like a previous poster said: "If this insider is on target, the ACC just imported a toxin that will poison it from the inside". One can only hope. So much fun traveling to NC for all the BB tournaments. Talk about a built in home court advantage. Screw em. I guess it will be easier beating up on the ACC women than Uconn's Ladies. Dollars rule, ESPN is a joke, the next thing we will hear is that they are giving back state money and moving their Dishes to Charlotte.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If ND had been playing 5 games against Big East teams for the last decade it would have helped our situation. The ACC's situation is better than ours was with them for that simple reason.

Reaction Score
While I hope what you say is correct and I agree with most of it...I don't see how the Big East getting a bad contract will expediate the ACC expanding. It's not like UConn is the one holding out on the ACC here.

You might see the ACC try to form it's own network, if they do that, then ND could join the conference for all sports, the ACC network would probably comand high dollars and it would possibly go to NBC. There's a lot going here, ESPN may have painted itself into a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom