Nothing else to do - predict the spread vs Gonzaga | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nothing else to do - predict the spread vs Gonzaga

Reaction Score
Timme is gone
Was in Vegas for game and it was so satisfying to shut him down- constant hype before the game. Zags fans jawing at us that he was gonna eat our lunch. Just had to sit back and be classy it was such a beat down.

Reaction Score
No way uconn is not favored. I’ll say good guys -5

Reaction Score
Should be 8, will likely open at 3.5 and move to 5.5 or so by tip.

fwiw KP has us winning by 10, with zag's "semi-home".

Reaction Score
KenPom has it UConn -2. Torvik -2. EvanMiya -4.8. Not sure Miya is considering it semi-away or away and instead just straight neutral or what.

Reaction Score
Mojo question.

Since Gonzaga is playing MSVU, which means their key players will get minimal minutes, I've already worked on most of the preview, including the stats prior to this game (which I think are more accurate before playing a cupcake).

So, based on that, for the mojo, is it better to share today or after the game?

Reaction Score
Mojo question.

Since Gonzaga is playing MSVU, which means their key players will get minimal minutes, I've already worked on most of the preview, including the stats prior to this game (which I think are more accurate before playing a cupcake).

Just post it.

Reaction Score
Mojo question.

Did the Germans worry about mojo before they bombed Pearl Harbor?

Did McArthur worry about mojo before he waded ashore at Waikiki?

Did Kemba Walker worry about mojo when he stepped back
for his game winning shot over Mutombo and Mourning?

We're a Nike team, just do it.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
-1.5 UConn. Game basically comes down to Clingan so not sure how it plays out.

Reaction Score
I am a glass half-empty guy who's always looking for negatives, but I see no negatives here. Gonzaga played both its guards 40 minutes against Wash, essentially "rotated" six guys and were totally worn down in the second half. It is almost cruel to envision what's UConn's depth will do to them. I would not take Gonzaga with fewer than 12 points.
I would not be surprised to see a repeat of last seasons tourney matchup which was an absolute beat down.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see a repeat of last seasons tourney matchup which was an absolute beat down.

I would be surprised to see a 30 point win over Gonzaga in Seattle.

They're not as good as they were last year but they're not nearly as bad as they looked against UW. That tourney game was just one of those nights where Timme played limited minutes and the good guys were clicking on all cylinders. I do think there's something to be said for the lack of depth issue - they outplayed Purdue in the first half and then got whooped in the second - but they're also not going to go 0-fer from 3 like they did in the second half against Washington. They're going to have a crowd behind them and they're going to be amped up by the jerseys on the other team.

I think we're better and am hoping for a win but I would be stunned if it's anything like last March.

Reaction Score

They're not as good as they were last year but they're not nearly as bad as they looked against UW. That tourney game was just one of those nights where Timme played limited minutes and the good guys were clicking on all cylinders. I do think there's something to be said for the lack of depth issue - they outplayed Purdue in the first half and then got whooped in the second - but they're also not going to go 0-fer from 3 like they did in the second half against Washington. They're going to have a crowd behind them and they're going to be amped up by the jerseys on the other team.

I think we're better and am hoping for a win but I would be stunned if it's anything like last March.
It’s hard to beat any high D1 team as bad as we beat them in the tourney. That was a massacre

Reaction Score

I dont mean literally a 30 point win i just wouldnt be surprised if its not a close game where the game isnt in any real doubt and they win by 15+

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mojo question.

If you believe it helps the mojo, it helps the mojo.

If you believe it hurts the mojo, it hurts the mojo.

Only you can determine this.

Reaction Score
Regarding last year's game, it has never been explained how a 3-point UConn spread became a 28-point win. It has never been explained how a 31-5 team with 12 straight wins, averaging 90 points a game in those 12 wins, was held to 54 points.

Something happened last year when Hurley's defense confronted Few's offfense. UConn's win had far more to do with that confrontation than with Sanogo's inside moves or Hawkins' ability to shoot off the move. Whatever happened, It is not being even remotely considered by those setting the odds on Friday's game. We shall see. It will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Regarding last year's game, it has never been explained how a 3-point UConn spread became a 28-point win. It has never been explained how a 31-5 team with 12 straight wins, averaging 90 points a game in those 12 wins, was held to 54 points.

Something happened last year when Hurley's defense confronted Few's offfense. UConn's win had far more to do with that confrontation than with Sanogo's inside moves or Hawkins' ability to shoot off the move. Whatever happened, It is not being even remotely considered by those setting the odds on Friday's game. We shall see. It will be interesting.
Gonzaga missed a ton of open 3s and then Timme got his 4th. They went 2/20 from 3. They also shot 12/22 from FT line. We win if they shoot better, but that's why it was a complete laugher.

Strawther is getting rotation minutes in the NBA on the best team in the league and went 0/6 from 3 against us.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga missed a ton of open 3s and then Timme got his 4th. They went 2/20 from 3. They also shot 12/22 from FT line. We win if they shoot better, but that's why it was a complete laugher.

Strawther is getting rotation minutes in the NBA on the best team in the league and went 0/6 from 3 against us.
Why do I remember him playing well(strawther)?

Reaction Score
Why do I remember him playing well(strawther)?
I remember him missing a lot of shots. Including a bunch of open threes. We were laughing in the 2nd half because the entire team couldn't hit a shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom