Note to those entering Friday Night's game... | The Boneyard

Note to those entering Friday Night's game...

Reaction Score
PLEASE have your physical tickets or cell phones ready at the gate!
The Mrs. & I approached Gate C at 11:40 to enter the stadium. Too many ahead of us who were being chatty & not ready. Once they got to the persons doing the scanning, ONLY THEN did they start looking through their e-mails looking for their ticket cache, & then further delayed those behind them because each e-ticket has to be scanned individually.
YES. I'm getting cranky in my old age...lol

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My new mental image for coach cap:
Lets Go Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
The Mrs. & I approached Gate C at 11:40 to enter the stadium. Too many ahead of us who were being chatty & not ready. Once they got to the persons doing the scanning, ONLY THEN did they start looking through their e-mails looking for their ticket cache, & then further delayed those behind them because each e-ticket has to be scanned individually.

This is not a UConn issue — it’s a societal issue. I can’t deal with people on a line who are holding me up because they’re trying to do something on their smartphone. Makes me wish I was pro-Second Amendment.

Reaction Score
I agree with the OP. The entry lines were very slow last game. Good PSA, coach!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, you're preaching to the choir, Coach. I'm gonna guess that the folks in here are more than ready to go through the gate. Maybe a PSA from Mora would be mora effective.

Reaction Score
I am coming up for this game from Hilton Head meeting my CT crew, my bro thought he had a spare ticket but no- do they sell walk up tickets? If so where or should I buy one online if I can ? I was always a season ticket holder so it just struck me that I need to buy a ticket…

Reaction Score
I am coming up for this game from Hilton Head meeting my CT crew, my bro thought he had a spare ticket but no- do they sell walk up tickets? If so where or should I buy one online if I can ? I was always a season ticket holder so it just struck me that I need to buy a ticket…

You can drop a post/request here as well: Ticket Exchange

Reaction Score
Call the Athletic Ticket office at 1-877-AT-UCONN tomorrow morning. Buy your ticket & tell the agent that you want to pick it up at the will call window on game day. I did this last Wednesday for my daughter & her family.
The Stadium box office is located midway between Gates A & B.

Reaction Score
I feel ya. It took us a good 10-15 minutes to get through security and ticketing last Saturday due to other people causing delays, and I wound up missing UConn's TD by a couple of minutes because I was still at the concession stand getting my popcorn (which also involved a delay despite a short line, again due to other folks goofing around). The plan was for me to be in my seat by kickoff. Seeing as how it wound up being the biggest play of the game, I'd have liked to see it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is not a UConn issue — it’s a societal issue. I can’t deal with people on a line who are holding me up because they’re trying to do something on their smartphone. Makes me wish I was pro-Second Amendment.
Because you would shoot people who annoy you?

Okay then.

Reaction Score
7 tickets in our group... ticket agent could not figure out how to scan them - one of the 7 ended up scanned.

Reaction Score
It's like complaining about the traffic. Traffic is good, it means people are going to the game.

You can walk right in when the stadium is empty. Long lines are a good problem. It means we're winning. Folks want to to get on the bandwagon. Thank goodness there is a wait to get in. Rejoice!!!!

Reaction Score
Can't get my tickets to download. Apologies in advance though I'll probably be a few minutes late anyways.

Reaction Score
We're going and I can't wait! I'll be opening a cold one with ticket in hand as I lock the car doors to head to the gate. You've gotta be prepared

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My phone was ready to go, but I had tickets in multiple places. Three where in my Google wallet, and one was a screenshot. I was able to toggle pretty quickly, but I don't think the scanners are exactly state of the art either.

That said, My theory is that the metal detectors are the actual cause of the bottleneck. Personally, I treat getting into Rentschler as I would going through TSA. So many people are like Anna Kendrick in Up in the Air and wait until they are handed the little gray dish before digging into their pockets, which will cause delays no matter if the patron is ready with their tickets or not. I'm a not-as-handsome George Clooney and put all my loose items (phone, keys, earphones, wallet, and sunglasses) in my hat or jacket ahead of time to be passed it around the metal detector.

I feel ya. It took us a good 10-15 minutes to get through security and ticketing last Saturday due to other people causing delays, and I wound up missing UConn's TD by a couple of minutes because I was still at the concession stand getting my popcorn (which also involved a delay despite a short line, again due to other folks goofing around). The plan was for me to be in my seat by kickoff. Seeing as how it wound up being the biggest play of the game, I'd have liked to see it.
I suppose Delta is to blame for closing the gate while someone is at Hudson News as well. Security and scanning may have caused delays, but you were in the building. YOU missed the TD because YOU prioritized popcorn over game action.

Also (albeit arguable), the biggest play of the game was stopping BC on 4th & 1 inside their own 35.

i missed the Joly touchdown because of this :(
May not have been the entire reason.

I get it. We all like to tailgate. It had become THE reason to attend games over the last half-dozen years, but the lots filled up faster and were more crowded than for any game since probably Houston '15. Even so, there were tons of people still tailgating or packing up at 11:45, and didn't add more than five minutes than normal to gain entry. Not at Gate D anyway, and provided my DVR started immediately at noon, the TD play was snapped at 12:06:53.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
My phone was ready to go, but I had tickets in multiple places. Three where in my Google wallet, and one was a screenshot. I was able to toggle pretty quickly, but I don't think the scanners are exactly state of the art either.

That said, My theory is that the metal detectors are the actual cause of the bottleneck. Personally, I treat getting into Rentschler as I would going through TSA. So many people are like Anna Kendrick in Up in the Air and wait until they are handed the little gray dish before digging into their pockets, which will cause delays no matter if the patron is ready with their tickets or not. I'm a not-as-handsome George Clooney and put all my loose items (phone, keys, earphones, wallet, and sunglasses) in my hat or jacket ahead of time to be passed it around the metal detector.

I suppose Delta is to blame for closing the gate while someone is at Hudson News as well. Security and scanning may have caused delays, but you were in the building. YOU missed the TD because YOU prioritized popcorn over game action.

Also (albeit arguable), the biggest play of the game was stopping BC on 4th & 1 inside their own 35.

I get it. We all like to tailgate. It had become THE reason to attend games over the last half-dozen years, but the lots filled up faster and were more crowded than for any game since probably Houston '15. Even so, there were tons of people still tailgating or packing up at 11:45, and didn't add more than five minutes than normal to gain entry. Not at Gate D anyway, and provided my DVR started immediately at noon, the TD play was snapped at 12:06:53.
lotta truth in this.
short version. if u were late for wherever u wanted to be, that's on you.
always.
and as far as how to act when in line, other than going all two guns blazing yosemite sam,
no. we're here for a fun time, too, and lots of us aren't 24/7 psycochicken aboot the clock. mebbe youse should form a volunteer posse to pre-check the crowd as they enter the admission area, asking them 'ver are ur papers? show me ur papers, schnell! vee can't lose valuable popcorn time!'
just becuz im organized doesn't mean everyone is organized, and im not surprised or annoyed when they're not. it's called reality. plan on it.

Reaction Score

Agree. Seeing how early the lots filled up and how many people were tailgating, it really wasn't rocket science that you were going to have to leave more time to get to your seats than you did for Fresno or Central.

Reaction Score
Just common sense, no?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just common sense, no?
Where's your common sense when you are 6 (minimum) deep and out of practice?

There were 25,000 people in the stands. It had been years since about half of the crowd had been to a UConn football game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom