Not Wanting to start a thread on this but: | The Boneyard

Not Wanting to start a thread on this but:

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Is it possible that the team (even the coaches) will think...

Well, next year we're really loaded.
And this year we're not.

Is it really worth working that hard this season...we're somewhat undermanned, probably won't win it all.
Let's just wait 'till next year to put our best effort in.

I know...heresy

But also human nature. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

Is it really worth working that hard this season...we're somewhat undermanned, probably won't win it all.

I know...heresy

Wow, you really have no clue about UCONN women's basketball.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

No! That is not in UCONN's DNA. That not so much heresy as a loser's mentality. Why don't we just call MD, SC, Baylor, FSU, ND..... to postpone the games until next year.

Reaction Score
I Don't Think So ...There is this Guy at the Top that is the leader and will squelch any scent of that .And I think each Player has the Hunger especially seniors ,Gabby ,Kia, Collier and Natalie .. Natalie is hustling this year . the young guns look hungry as well.

Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

Oh boy, this kinda sounds like the attitude of a few certain NFL owners - "Ah, the hell with it, we'll sign a couple big F/A 's next year and we'll be golden, the stands are full now, who cares" etc etc.......

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nope - not from the coaches. As for the players, they know if they have that attitude this year, they will have comfy seats at the end of the bench next year.

Coaches and players at Uconn have a burning desire to win - every day, every game, every month, every year.

Reaction Score
No, not at all.
On the contrary, players will work even hard because they want to be competitive to next year's expected greatness.

Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

I wish I could thank you for not posting this thread.

I have an idea for you. Just plead "Colossal Blunder, I don't know why I did this. I must have just gone brain dead for a while. I'm so sorry, please disregard this".
That way you will get lots of pity which is better than anger, threats and hate.
Believe me, it works. I have used it several times in the past after spewing out similar diatribes of stupidity.
Remember the key words are "Colossal Blunder!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
upload_2016-11-11_10-54-58.png

Reaction Score
When hell freezes over,all the rivers run dry,when the sun refuses to shine,maybe then they will just mail it in,but until then it will be fire and brimstone on every opponent for 40 minutes.The slightest hint of slacking off and that player will be Wally Pipped on the court.

Reaction Score
In a word - NO
Geno is first and foremost a TEACHER. Secondly, Geno is a PERFECTIONIST (Shea has said he has a "perfect" game in his head and is ticked off if the team doesn't play it). Geno won't settle for putting anything on the floor but the best he can produce with whatever talent he has available.
In Geno's mind (and the other coaches), IT IS ABOUT WAY MORE THAN WINS AND LOSSES.
Settling is for LOSERS.

Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

I can see that happening. I understand they are bringing in a pool table and some ping pong tables to use during practice breaks. The women have also formed two bowling teams and Kia is trying to get a curling club started. Ice skating lessons are scheduled for January 2017 and I heard Gabby will be going back to high jumping. Don't tell anyone else, but CD bought a tandem bike to try to get Geno back into shape. Other than those minor changes, UCONN is working like they normally do.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I can see that happening. I understand they are bringing in a pool table and some ping pong tables to use during practice breaks. The women have also formed two bowling teams and Kia is trying to get a curling club started. Ice skating lessons are scheduled for January 2017 and I heard Gabby will be going back to high jumping. Don't tell anyone else, but CD bought a tandem bike to try to get Geno back into shape. Other than those minor changes, UCONN is working like they normally do.

There is a high probability that some on this board will not get it.

Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

I just read where Geno Christine Shea Marissa et al rented a Condo complex in the Bahamas' until next August--Apparently they all packed everything in as headed for a warm climate. Chong was left in charge of schedule, conditioning and she was given the choice of which games the team would play and those it would not. The ND game, from the article, will not be played this year.

Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

One of Geno core principles is to have his players approach each game and every play with in that game the same way... doesn't matter the opponent, doesn't matter what the score is. The players are to play with the same amount of effort, energy, and enthusiasm. Playing against #1 ranked team or #150, up by 50 or down by 20... you play basketball the UConn way, or you don't play. There is no way in hell he lets players slack off, just because "winning it all" is less likely.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

You must be new to UCONN WB .

Irony alert...

Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

You just questioned the integrity of everyone connected with Connecticut Women's Basketball. You either know nothing about our program or you're trolling.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Someone has hacked the BY account of msf22b and started a thread topic devoid of wisdom and insight, apparently to provide embarrassment and chagrin only. Why am I laughing as I bleat out this post?

Reaction Score
Any athlete, at any level, who might in any way relate to this post should immediately remove his/her uniform and take up whistling.

Reaction Score
You know, I get what you're trying to say. Of course, Geno is a tenacious coach who does everything to win, including paying attention to the smallest detail. The notion that he wouldn't be all-in for this season is just- well, it's not Geno. Indeed, he has said in the past that this will be an exciting challenge. I think he's going to get more enjoyment from coaching this team, which is not a shoe-in for either the NC or a FF, than he has in coaching UConn teams for many years.

But this is shaping up as a very unusual season, a Strange Interlude. We are coming off a historic four-straight national championships. And he's riding a major winning streak and nine straight Final Fours. But he's looking at the weakest front court in many years. He lost the top three players in women's basketball. He doesn't have a set starting five.

But on the bench, but unavailable, are two players who are potentially first-team All-Americans- Camara and Stevens. They will be available next year, as will be the #1 high school player in the nation. Next year every player but one will be back. So it must feel strange to both the coaches and the players knowing that this year will be an oddity. They're playing in uncertainty, though next year they will be the odds-on favorite for a national championship, if not two championships in a row.

When Diana left, UConn dropped sharply, and there was no hope on the horizon for, what, three years? And after Tina Charles showed up, she was still just one major star on the team. Only the following year when Maya arrived did UConn begin to look like the world-beater that it would become, and remain, for years to come.

So I understand that this season could look like a Strange Interlude. As to just punting till next year, just not in either Geno's or this team's DNA. They're fighters, they're winners.

Reaction Score

And this year we're not.

I know...heresy

This is a joke,right ? Candid Camera ?? Punk'd ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom