Not OT: Alabama football | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Not OT: Alabama football

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
My father was from Boston and my Mom lived in Worcester but took her nurse's training in Boston. It was my Mom that was a huge Red Sox and Bruins fan and I inherited the Boston bug from her.

Cool. I was a White Sox fan since 1959, but gave up on the futility of my baseball team for a long time until about 2002. I started following Chicago Blackhawks hockey back when I was a junior at Illinois State. My evening study routine was built around Bulls and Blackhawks on the radio. Only because I lived on the dorm's tenth floor with a North-facing window, could I get radio reception of Chicago stations. Today, I serve on a university board along with an executive of the White Sox and another exec of those very same Blackhawks. Small world...

Gee, had my room been on the other side of the hallway, would I be a St. Louis Blues and Cardinals fan? I would pray not. Ew. ;-)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It will be tough, but I always respond with this map; they're still a distant 2nd in the Palmetto State. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-fan-map.html?_r=0

ncaa-fb-main-map.png

Would you rather have a popular team... or a team what wins Championships ? :confused:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Most of America was probably tired of seeing Alabama win championships and was rooting for Clemson. That is how we are as a society, always looking for Goliath to be slain by David.

Go, David, it's your birthday. Party like it's your birthday...
Nov 17, 2016 UConn Women did the same thing... partied like it was their birthday

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A long time ago I lived in Syracuse before moving to Jacksonville, FL. I became a fan of Syracuse sports. While in JAX, I attended the Gator Bowl back in 1996 when Syracuse played Clemson. The stadium was full with 90% of the fans from Clemson, all dressed in orange, responding in loud & perfect unison to the team cheers.

Behind Donovan McNabb & Marvin Harrison the Cuse buried Clemson 41-0. By the 4th quarter the stadium was largely empty except for the handful of us Cuse fans who thoroughly enjoyed the game.

You probably would have enjoyed that game.

Now Syracuse that is a completely evil group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom